Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHat is your WORST episode of SG-1 ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kracker View Post
    You really think Family Ties is the worst? Worse than the likes of Emancipation, Space Race, The First Commandment and so on? Really??
    They're all about on a par. Space Race was drivel, Emancipation was cringeworthy, and Family Ties redefined tedium. But Emancipation was a teething problem, and Space Race was a filler piece of junk in a season that had plenty of time to go (there were probably half a dozen decent eps that season after Space Race aired.)

Family Ties though, that was the last-but two episode EVER and they wasted it on bleee. To have such bleee knowing that this was using up 42 of the last EVER 126 minutes was doubly irritating.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
      Family Ties though, that was the last-but two episode EVER and they wasted it on bleee. To have such bleee knowing that this was using up 42 of the last EVER 126 minutes was doubly irritating.
      I got that feeling for most of the second half of S10.

Comment

I find it surprising people don't like having two Carters around in one ep?

How about Icon and Ethon though? Zzzzzzzzzz

And for me also the political BS that was Disclosure. Thor is good, though, and Kinsey got an uppercut.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I'm another for Family Ties. Like Madeleine, I think that it being the next to last ep makes it extra painful.

Mostly though, it's just Fred Willard. I love him in the Christopher Guest movies, but he kills this episode with his same old shtick (just like he almost single handedly killed Wall-E)

Comment

It's hard to pick the worse, (there are so many to chooose from) it's a toss up with Prometheus Unbound, Citizen Joe, but I think the one that takes the cake is Bad Guys...it's just really really bad. Most of the one's I can't ever watch again come from S9 and 10.
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Emancipation. It set Carter up to be this kick ass feminist which obviously she isn't. It's like they tried to take her in a totally different direction for one ep.

Comment

It's easier for me to stomach 'Family Ties' because I didn't actually see it until after I had seen both 'Ark of Truth' and 'Continuum'. There were another 3.5 hours or so worth of quality entertainment (IMO, etc.) after the remaining two regular-length episodes post-'Family Ties'. That makes it much more tolerable, but it's still the worst episode of the tenth season to me. Far and away.
                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Prodigy, most definitely. It just *******ized the military so badly. Demons also with some serious Christianity epic fail.
                  sigpic
                  In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
                  "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

One False Step and Family Ties
                    sigpic

Comment

i read 2 or 3 pages of this thread and i do not agree wich any episodes you named
                      maybe i like them all ... is that possible ?

Comment

Stronghold. Also, it's...Bad Guys... Prometheus Unbound, the Enemy Mine ripoff, One False Step. Icon, but only because of the boredom factor, it was well done but not a Stargate ep. Not a fan of Need either, that "princess"...<<shudder>>

Never saw Family Ties or Talion, so they didn't make the list.
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Some episode are boring and some cringe-worthy (IMHO), like Emancipation. However, my worst episode was Divide and Conquer. Martouf is my fave character and I cried when he was killed. I had only started watching SG-1 three months before that, and I stopped watching it for almost 6 months after that. So definitively my worst episode! I'm never going to watch that again!

Comment

"Family Ties". Everything about it is so off, from beginning to end.

"Ex Deus Machina", "The Powers That Be", "Bounty", "Bad Guys", "Talion" aren't far behind.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hm, I have to say there's not even one episode I dislike in seasons 1-6. Yes, I like even Emancipation and One False Step.

The worst episode of Stargate SG-1: it's a tie between Affinity and Prometheus Unbound.
                              The worst episode of Stargate Command: it would be easier to pick the good ones, because SC was just terrible all-round. But if I had to choose: Family Ties (the worst ep ever in the franchise), Bounty, The Fourth Horseman.
                              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                              sigpic
                              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

I just discovered SG1 back in Feb of this year, I have watched re-runs of seasons 1-around season 6/7 but have now bought the box set of 10 years and starting to watch them so I haven't quite caught up, but for sure something changed up after season 5, I sure didn't like that RDA was not in it as much, and I had a hard time getting used to Vala/Cameron, just couldn't quite get used to them, but after about 5 episodes I started to warm up to them.

So I don't have a particular episode cause I just love SG but the later years were not as good for me cause of the lack of RDA.

Besides any bad episode of SG1 (and even SGA) is still IMO way better than an episode of SGU (hope SGU gets better but I just done know?)
                                General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Working...
                                X