This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lexx
    That's what pissed me off the most. Not only are they killing off one of my favorite characters, but they're pulling this big gigantic fake-out about it possibly being Jack that died. Please. If you're going to kill a major and beloved character, at least make their final episode about them. *sniff* My poor Janet

Oh c'mon. You are just mad because of how well they played it making it look like Jack had died. But you should have caught on since Frasier had gone off-world and of all people, she would have been the one buzzing around the SGC and be one of the most disturbed by it .
    Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

I wasn't suckered by the fake 'is it Jack?' stuff, and I agree with Lexx completely. I thought it was a cheap trick. Did they not think Janet's death would have enough resonance by itself that they would try and play with the audience by pretending Jack had died? Janet deserved* to have that episode for herself - or if not the entire episode then at least she deserved to have all the mourning for herself and not have it shunted off to Jack. What was the point? was the audience supposed to be relieved that it was 'only' Janet and not The Star who died? Did the writers not feel that we'd be saddened enough by Janet dying and so feel it necessary to try and make us sad on someone else's behalf first?

*Insofar as a fictional character can 'deserve' anything; dramatically it would have been more fitting for it to be all about her, not Jack.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
        I wasn't suckered by the fake 'is it Jack?' stuff, and I agree with Lexx completely. I thought it was a cheap trick. Did they not think Janet's death would have enough resonance by itself that they would try and play with the audience by pretending Jack had died? Janet deserved to have that episode for herself - or if not the entire episode then at least she deserved to have all the mourning for herself and not have it shunted off to Jack. What was the point? was the audience supposed to be relieved that it was 'only' Janet and not The Star who died?
        Couldn't agree more. I didn't like this "oh, thank God it was not Jack" stuff (although I love Jack, mind you), but it left a bitter aftertaste no less. I kind of missed them showing Sam feeling guilty for being relieved that Jack is still alive when a friend of her just died as well. Okay, I would probably be relieved that one of my friends is still alive when both could've been killed, too, but I'm also sure that I'd feel guilty for feeling that way.

Originally posted by Andy867
        Oh c'mon. You are just mad because of how well they played it making it look like Jack had died.
        Personally, I didn't believe for a minute that Jack was actually dead. For a hundred excellent reasons. Even my mom didn't believe it, for crying out loud, and she doesn't even watch regularly! I asked her why she had known he wasn't dead and she simply said "Sam wasn't devastated enough." Now, if even my mom can see that...

Comment

I think that it was a bit better that they started killing off a couple of the main characters, for good this time. It's hard to watch, but it's a nesessary thing at times.
          A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
            Oh c'mon. You are just mad because of how well they played it making it look like Jack had died.
            I'd known about the episode for at least two months prior to it's airing, so no, I wasn't suckered in. Besides, it was blatantly obvious to my two un-spoiled friends that The Star/Executive Producer wasn't going to die mid-season. I'm mad because it was my favorite character's last episode, the episode she died in, and they barely spent any time on her.
            MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

I didn't like how the episode was played out very much either. It seemed like the entire thing was "Oh look! Someone died! It might be Jack!.... Look how devastated everyone is! Do you think it's Jack?... What about now? Oh, look! Sam's crying... do you think it's Jack now?... HA! Fooled you! It's Janet- one of the very beloved characters, but we really don't need her too much so we're going to show how death is really like. Yes, everytime someone dies you must be fooled into thinking it's someone else first. Oh yeah...uh..Janet, well we'll give her the last 15 minutes of this episode- but remember, (taunting) you thought it was Jack, you thought it was Jack"

OK, so maybe not that extreme and maybe I'm just a little bitter about one of my favorite characters being killed off...but, c'mon- was anyone really fooled into thinking it was Jack that died?
              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                /.../ but, c'mon- was anyone really fooled into thinking it was Jack that died?
                Nope.

Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

She was the best. LOL, poor janet

True Love! <3 True Love! <3

Comment

Janet had been my favourite character from her very first episode and Teryl's my favourite actress so to have Janet die and to know that it upset Teryl so much to be written out of the show just broke my heart. It was a fitting tribute to the people in the military who lose their lives but I just wish it hadn't been Janet that we had to lose. She brought a special something to the show which isn't there anymore in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X