This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes at SGC

I've just started to go through the early episodes again. Now in these early eps the Gate Room is called the Embarkation room, and the facility shakes when the gate is activated.

I was wondering at what point do these change.

I remember in 2010 that Daniel was 'corrected' in calling the embarkation room the gate room.

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post
    I've just started to go through the early episodes again. Now in these early eps the Gate Room is called the Embarkation room, and the facility shakes when the gate is activated.

I remember in 2010 that Daniel was 'corrected' in calling the embarkation room the gate room.
    Well 'embarkation room' is rarely used even in the beginning. I actually can't think of an instance where anyone actually said it. As for the gate shakeing, again i only remember that happening in COTG and Solitudes.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Sorry I didn't explain what i intended well. I was more after if a reason was given for it in the show. And Daniel says 'Embarkation Room' in 'The Enemy Within'

Comment

Daniel said in 'Solitudes' that they put in dampening systems to suppress the shaking or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post

Some of the changes are so gradual, it's hard to pinpoint a certain episode. Take Hammond wearing his short-sleeved shirt. He used to wear a long sleeved one all the time. Maybe it's just me not being observant, but I always have difficulty finding when the change was actually made.

It's a good question though! Maybe someone else will know?

Comment

Did they ever explain why people stopped growing ice on their cheekbones on their way through?
            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
              Did they ever explain why people stopped growing ice on their cheekbones on their way through?
              It's in S5 "Red sky" It had something to do with the fact the Earth Stargate doesn't have DHD, so they have to calculate stelar drift on their own. If they get it wrong it's a bumpy ride, and they're thrown through the wormhole and come out frosted. At least that's how I saw it.
              sigpic

Comment

Alright, thanks. I figured it might have been explained at some point, but there's just so much to the show that I couldn't recall.
                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

correct me if I am wrong, but there was 9 SG teams at the beginning, and then later on it was 12, and just after finishing season 4 now.....I'm not too sure how many teams there are....i think i remember SG15 being mentioned.

and I can't remember Hammond wearing long-sleaved shirts....?

Comment

Originally posted by StargateSG8 View Post
                    correct me if I am wrong, but there was 9 SG teams at the beginning, and then later on it was 12, and just after finishing season 4 now.....I'm not too sure how many teams there are....i think i remember SG15 being mentioned.

and I can't remember Hammond wearing long-sleaved shirts....?
                    They increase the teams all the time. In S10 they mentioned SG-25. But that might have been a mistake, cause once it was mentioned as SG-25 and once as SG-5.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X