Gateworld Virtual Fleet 3.0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
    Oh yeah! I like the ship, not sure about the model, still but i do like the specs. I dont think it will swing my vote but its a good submittion, i like the tempest alot though, the Athena is good though.

We have nothing that can go faster than C without hyperspace. the closest thing is about 90% of C. Also the field of battle can becoming increasingly larger as more ships and tactics are used. Close quarter battle still favours our side and it is used. For example in the final battle our ships hyperjumped to defeat the supercarriers at close range. With drones and missiles and ion cannons being used at point blank range, so close the shields of the two sides were touching all the time during that confrontation. Our ships were again using close quarter tactics against the cruisers and then against the motherships. The wraith wars showed us that while missiles can travel very fast, the distance is still an issue because interception is much easier, missiles are primarily used up close because they do not have an unlimited range. There is fuel to consider and they are not carrier in unlimited numbers. Ion cannons have unlimited range and ammo therefore from a distance are better, in fact at all ranges they are better but missiles specificly are better in close quarters.

By the way i edited the tech list, please check it out once for for an updated power source brief, it was checked over by buba so should cause too many problems.

1.where is the tech list

2.long range misles: inertales drive unit with a wahead and tracking computer

Comment

and i think that model is actualy rather nice.

ps.
      Warden:
      FTL:ZPE quatum tunneler

normal space:ZPF controlers inercialess drive

power: ZPE tap.(like carter's idea exept so muuch more advanced)
      ZPM. like anchient ones but....poitier.

weapons:
      1 spinal mount ZPE energy canon.(can colect astronomic amount of power from our universe without making exotic particles by releasing that power as soon as it was collected)
      PD ZPE canons(like above but smaller scale)

protection:
      ZPE drive field acts like shield
      molecular stack armor(INSANELY dense)
      redundant systems)

misc:
      -quantum tunneling communication
      -repair drones
      -AI(ship has no cre right now)

i have another take on this this ship, it's one of those ships the firstborn left behind when they mysteriosly disapeared, and the lantians are gonna find it somehow and go looking for their homeworld, cuz their not so big anymore and got tired of sulking around in asuras they decided to go find their planet.

Comment

Hang on since when have we had FTL missiles?

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
          Hang on since when have we had FTL missiles?
          we don't

Comment

Originally posted by chicer_mister View Post
            we don't
            Good, because the idea of it is ridiculous.

Comment

my idea was ti use an inertialess drive so it wouldn'ttneed fuel.

Comment

and i think that model is actualy rather nice.

ps.
                Warden:
                FTL:ZPE quatum tunneler

normal space:ZPF controlers inercialess drive

power: ZPE tap.(like carter's idea exept so muuch more advanced)
                ZPM. like anchient ones but....poitier.

weapons:
                1 spinal mount ZPE energy canon.(can colect astronomic amount of power from our universe without making exotic particles by releasing that power as soon as it was collected)
                PD ZPE canons(like above but smaller scale)

protection:
                ZPE drive field acts like shield
                molecular stack armor(INSANELY dense)
                redundant systems)

misc:
                -quantum tunneling communication
                -repair drones
                -AI(ship has no cre right now)

i have another take on this this ship, it's one of those ships the firstborn left behind when they mysteriosly disapeared, and the lantians are gonna find it somehow and go looking for their homeworld, cuz their not so big anymore and got tired of sulking around in asuras they decided to go find their planet.
                No. CM thing is, its too much, its too powerful and it just isnt going to happen, not yet.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

that was one of those realy powerful motherships, one of a kind thing.

and here's the other way to lok at it:

FTL:
                  -Warshawsky sails(gravity planes streching for hundreds of kilometers perpendicular to the ship, they act as massive silas to harness the power of taychons, i call them that cuz in the Harington series there are things that do basicaly the same thing)
                  -hyperphase emitters(the ship phases into hyperspace where the sails give it enough powr to travel intergalactic distances in reasonable time, speed can be contoled by feeding poer into the field to slow down or taking poer from it to speed up)

Realspace:
                  -gravity wedge emitters(inspired by the impeler wedges from the same series, these double as Warshawsky sils whe in FTL, they emit much more focussed gravity plates that act like giant busard collectors, scooping up interstelar matter and expeling it in the direction oposte of where they want to go)

power:
                  -tychoon dams(like giant water dams these emit fields that draw power from pasing tychoons, generating massive amounts of power for the ship)

protection:
                  -gravity band emitters(these generate very intense gravity/antigravity fields arond the hull that tear and shred incoming beams and missles, power can be diverted from one area of the fields to another)
                  -ulradense hull plating(molecules stacked very close together)

weapons:
                  -spinal tychoon cannon(uses energy fields to colect tychoons and slow them to just under the speed of lght, the process is very delicate as the field must simultaniously diret the tychons into the barrel array and feed them enough enegy to maake the process possible)
                  -grav lances(extensions og hte graviyt/antigravity fields protecting the ship, thse have a relatively short range because they require emitters to make the fields)

misc:
                  -repair drones
                  -AI(no crew aboard for a really long time)
                  -defence drones(also AI piloted these protect the ship, they use more conventional Ion engines and grav lances that can double as shiled generators)

if there are any questions please ask!

Comment

Are these suggestions for Tau'ri technology? or Alien?
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                      Are these suggestions for Tau'ri technology? or Alien?
                      tau;ri? HA, no my dear friend, this is another take on that firstborn ship of mine!

Comment

that was one of those realy powerful motherships, one of a kind thing.

and here's the other way to lok at it:

FTL:
                        -Warshawsky sails(gravity planes streching for hundreds of kilometers perpendicular to the ship, they act as massive silas to harness the power of taychons, i call them that cuz in the Harington series there are things that do basicaly the same thing)
                        -hyperphase emitters(the ship phases into hyperspace where the sails give it enough powr to travel intergalactic distances in reasonable time, speed can be contoled by feeding poer into the field to slow down or taking poer from it to speed up)

Realspace:
                        -gravity wedge emitters(inspired by the impeler wedges from the same series, these double as Warshawsky sils whe in FTL, they emit much more focussed gravity plates that act like giant busard collectors, scooping up interstelar matter and expeling it in the direction oposte of where they want to go)

power:
                        -tychoon dams(like giant water dams these emit fields that draw power from pasing tychoons, generating massive amounts of power for the ship)

protection:
                        -gravity band emitters(these generate very intense gravity/antigravity fields arond the hull that tear and shred incoming beams and missles, power can be diverted from one area of the fields to another)
                        -ulradense hull plating(molecules stacked very close together)

weapons:
                        -spinal tychoon cannon(uses energy fields to colect tychoons and slow them to just under the speed of lght, the process is very delicate as the field must simultaniously diret the tychons into the barrel array and feed them enough enegy to maake the process possible)
                        -grav lances(extensions og hte graviyt/antigravity fields protecting the ship, thse have a relatively short range because they require emitters to make the fields)

misc:
                        -repair drones
                        -AI(no crew aboard for a really long time)
                        -defence drones(also AI piloted these protect the ship, they use more conventional Ion engines and grav lances that can double as shiled generators)

if there are any questions please ask!
                        Aren't you getting some of this technology from the Honorverse?
                        sigpic
                        "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." - C.S. Lewis

Comment

*slaps forhead* the harington series, sory i forgot what the universe it was set in. yes, i am.

Comment

*slaps forhead* the harington series, sory i forgot what the universe it was set in. yes, i am.
                            So, is this something for the fleet or just something you thought up and wanted our opinion on?

P.S. I like the Honorverse, too.
                            sigpic
                            "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by spacecowboy000 View Post
                              So, is this something for the fleet or just something you thought up and wanted our opinion on?

P.S. I like the Honorverse, too.
                              well since the wrighters said we'll be seing some firstborn i ythough ti'd be a good sport and contribuit something, let them use it if they want to use it.
                              all thy have to do is decide which version they like best

AND i'd ike to see some anchient action in 3.0, not as sidekicks but maybe their own storyline.

Comment

monkey waffels
                                Visit my Website

Comment

Working...
                                X