Gateworld Virtual Fleet 3.0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
    Well since it seemed like a slow day I figured I post something of interest, it's an updated wip of my battlecrusier(crusier w/e)
    Nice

Can I just say you guys are so damn good at modeling
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
      Nice

Can I just say you guys are so damn good at modeling
      I had some help for Extrenix, for the main body
      Last edited by boberth2o; 29 October 2007, 05:03 PM.
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Here's a new race I made for the LHC tell me what you think, I think they are decent but I want to make them better so any ideas would be helpful unless you guys are ok with it

Name: Alexandria Group

Life Span: Immortalily (through cloning)

Language: Almost any Earth Language but main Language is English

Species: Human

Technology: They are very advanced in the fields of biology and genetics but lack other vital sciences but are up to date in most areas

Friendly or Hostile: Friendly to Human worlds, not hostile but does not favor Tau'ri or alien allies,

Policy: They import most of their goods and trade their knowledge with human races to get supplies, respect, ships, and anything else they need.

Society: The people live in a near utopia but their is a slight social order as the scientific field is the leaders and everyone else is behind them but their is near no hostlites between the upper and lower class.

History: In 2020 a group of Earth scholars known as the Alexandria Group. They wanted access to better alien technology faster to help earth. They were tired of always waiting for the asgard or other alien allies to give us their handy downs. Their main goal was to find cures, safe genetic engineering, and various other biological benefits to humanity. So they asked several different governments for grants and access to ships to begin a new colony. After getting funds and ships from various countries with the promise of sharing the technology that they were able to aquire to reverse engineer. The group of scholars and explores left Earth on 2024 to look for different planets with various technology left behind by older and more advanced races. Finally after seraching the milky way for about a year they found a planet with a downed Asgard and Goa'uld ships. The planet was a old graveyard for a battle of the past. So the Alexandria Group decided to settle on the planet and scavange any and all technology for the betterment of not just Earth but the entire human race. However after finding the planet they first had to settle it. It was rought to settle the planet as they were scholars not settlers. So after being on the planet for a year they finally settled the planet and they set up their first city. They named the planet Alexandria and their capitol Alexander in remembrance of the Alexandria Library. After settling the planet they started scavaging as much alien technology as they could. Most of the technology was outdated or not working properly. However the big find that the Alexandria Group group was on the Asgard ship that held secrets to cloning and in essence a way to stay immortal. The group started perfecting the technology as best they could. Many people of Earth knew from the asgard that the cloning had its flaws. However the Alexandria Group kept using the cloning technology along with having children. Soon enough the planet was one of the leaders in the genetics field and having a healthy population. Several more cities were made and each one with a new universities. The planet was finally becoming a great place of power. The planet was a center for great minds to come and study and improve on different alien technologies. Mostly the planet focused on biology and genetics but other scientists came looking forward to come to a place that was led by scholars and not soldiers and politicans. The health of the planet was superior to any of that in the rest of the ta'ri empire. People were also cloning themselves and looking at what the Asgard did wrong and how to improve on it. The Alexandria Group never had a navy or ground soldiers of their own to protect the planet instead the realied on the Tau'ri fleet and defense satelites to protect them. Then during the Aschen war the Tau'ri had to pull forces from the planet and in this time Alexandria was attacked by various groups. The Alexandria Group learned the hard way not to rely on the Tau'ri fleet. So after the achen war and the war with the Adnihilo war the Alexandria Group asked to be a seperate sovereign planet from the tau'ri. The medical advances coming from the planet was hard to let go but after much debate the planet was finally let go. After leaving the tau'ri the Alexandria Group knew they would need a new force to help secure the planet. They made new defense satelites and a new unmaned fighters that is controlled by an Advanced AI at the capitol building. With these defenses the planet is safe from pirate raids but Alexandria Group was still afriad of an all out fight with another planet so when the LHC offered them membership, the Alexandria Group jumped right away on the offer. The Alexandria Group has not offered military support because they can't but do offer economic and science to the league. They are still a junior member but are respected highly because of their scientific benfits they bring to the league.

Governing body: Alexandria Group is led by a group of Senators who then votes for a Prime Minister to lead the people of the planet.

Ship Numbers and Defense forces

20x Hermes Class
        580x Unmaned Fighters
        6x Ha'taks (used for protection of hermes class ships)
        40x Defense Satelites
        60x Ion Cannons spread around the planet
        100x Plasma cannons designed for smaller ships
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I've finished texturing my Prometheus.

http://xxxmaniacmikexxx.deviantart.c...theus-68581256

Visit my Website

Comment

What if you have a super crazy amazing idea for a new villian race, how do you submit the idea?

When I say super awesome crazy, you've never heard anything like it. It might even be TOO crazy for VF 3.0.

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
              What if you have a super crazy amazing idea for a new villian race, how do you submit the idea?

When I say super awesome crazy, you've never heard anything like it. It might even be TOO crazy for VF 3.0.
              Just post it and we'll tell you what we think.
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Ship - Planet Ship

Dimensions:

Twice the size of Earth (Varies though, depending on where it is)

Contruct:

These planet ships are actually built, from the inside out and are not only mechanical but biological as well.

First, a frame is built with a massive hyperdrive at the core of the planet along with the planets power source. Also within the planet is a framework of control centers and the planets Capital City, which is underground.

Second, the rest of the planet is like any other planet with a crust, mantle, etc, including an atmosphere. From the outside it would appear to be a normal planet with an entire civilization.

The planet would be fully populated with people at all times and would have advanced weapons platforms to protect the planet and are capable of hyperspace and intergalactic travel. The planet would have a full fleet of warships to fend off hostile races.

RACE - To be named later

The race is from the furthest reaches of the Universe. They aren't from anywhere near the MW. Earth's fastest vessels could make it to their home galaxy at max speed in approximetely 150 million years, that is if anybody even knows where it is. They have spent the last eternity traversing the Universe setting up shop in galaxies. They typically take Planet Ships to a galaxy and find a habital planet near a sun and destroy the planet and park their Planet Ship its place, to stay forever. They do this with Planet Ships until the Galaxy is filled with their race.

They aren't interested in necessarily destroying life. They always offer the inhabitents of any planet they plan on replacing relocation to one of their Planet Ships to live out the rest of their lives in luxery. However, no matter what the inhabitents decide, their planet will be destroyed. They can choose to stay on the planet and die, or leave. It's completely up to them. They don't try to push a race in one direction or the other.

They have a massive Planet Ship serve as the Capital Planet in each Galaxy. It is always 3-4 times the size of their largest Planet Ship in a Galaxy and they always find the star system closest to the center of the Galaxy to park it in.

Comment

Erm....Planet ships...Nah, are you saying they might want to replace Earth with one of their planet ships or something and we have to stop them?
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

IMHOTEP - right.

Comment

Almost sounds like Unicron. Transformers roll out! Lol
                      sigpic
                      "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." - C.S. Lewis

Comment

spacecowboy, I was going to say the same thing. lol
                        Visit my Website

Comment

So what do you guys think of my race for LHC?
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic

Comment

The Alexandria one, yeah sure dont see why thwey would be a problem, might be able to trade asgard technology for a clone cure. Something significant like a Copy of the Asgard Core Leviathon had in exchange for the cure. The Asgard core on leviathon had all thier latest technology minus weapons and was very adaptable and we could plug and play alot of other technology types in to the system. So in terms of a race trying that wanted to salvage technology from advanced races to enlighten the human race. That would be a great trade.
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

It's good. Personally, I don't like cloning. However, I'll add them as long it is just used for life extension. I don't want the League, for example, to turn into the Empire and start having clone soldiers. I still need the three other charter Tau'ri colonies and keep it coming with the others (junior members and protectorates).
                              Last edited by spacecowboy000; 30 October 2007, 11:21 AM.
                              sigpic
                              "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." - C.S. Lewis

Comment

panetship eh?........

blow up the deathstar!Bring it ON!

Comment

Working...
                                X