Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
    Thank You!

Well, the Hannibal fought a Clar'Chisua and a Quo'Ji, so yes the larger ships should be able to hold their own if there's like two or three of them banded together. I imagine a Gaia or Leviathon could certainly give a Clar'Chisua and Quo'Ji a run for their money. The main threat is the Ung'Mar, which I haven't posted much on yet. They have all the best Shrin'Yar tech. (Plus of course the massive space stations the Shrin'Yar are currently living in; once they get worlds to populate, they will convert them into Atlantis size warships.)

I don't know if you want to commit the entire Alliance force to the Shrin'Yar invasion, but they will certainly be fully at war with the Alliance (and anyone else who doesn't capitulate). If they do take Andromeda though, it could get messy.
    I think most people will agree with me when I say that I think you should change the names.

Comment

Here's an image that goes with the battle I posted on the last page:

Spoiler:

What did you think of my Asgard drone design? Here it is again in case you missed it:

Spoiler:

Comments anyone?

Edit: ZakeD, like I said when I came here, I like things with depth. Those names are real words in the Shrin'Yar language, which I have even constructed a syntax for. You can call the ships by their English approximates though, if you want: the frigate class is 'Leopard', the battlecruiser is 'Victorious Hawk' or 'Kite', the fighter is 'Flit-Bee' or 'Wasp', the attack ship is 'Sting-Beetle', and the bomber is 'Eagle'. Or you could just use immhotep's abbreviations; 'Quo', 'Clar', 'Zho', 'Lin', and 'Orlan'.
      Last edited by Lt. Col. Mcoy; 15 December 2007, 04:25 PM.
      sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
        "Thor can you translate this for me?"
        "No its replicator code and i do not speak it"

So the 5Petawatt laser can do anything? Eeek. Thats a bit annoying.

"I really need to learn some science"

Im getting concerned, We need thrust instead of Top speed. We need to redo our power sources. We cant power our weapons and our powerful weapons are powerful atall. The science of this fleet really is flawed isnt it? Can it be fixed? Can the science people Help and do the maths?
        htere are 2 ways of fixing this:

1. go back and redoi all the figure 1.0 forward

2. wrhight in big bold letter to disregard figures before 3.0 and start over in this fleet with a clean slate.

why does the socond option appeal to me more?

Comment

Here's an image that goes with the battle I posted on the last page:

Spoiler:

What did you think of my Asgard drone design? Here it is again in case you missed it:

Spoiler:

Comments anyone?

Edit: ZakeD, like I said when I came here, I like things with depth. Those names are real words in the Shrin'Yar language, which I have even constructed a syntax for. You can call the ships by their English approximates though, if you want: the frigate class is 'Leopard', the battlecruiser is 'Victorious Hawk' or 'Kite', the fighter is 'Flit-Bee' or 'Wasp', the attack ship is 'Sting-Beetle', and the bomber is 'Eagle'. Or you could just use immhotep's abbreviations; 'Quo', 'Clar', 'Zho', 'Lin', and 'Orlan'.
          I don't have a problem with you being very detailed with your race, I just don't like how their language sounds. o_o

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
            htere are 2 ways of fixing this:

1. go back and redoi all the figure 1.0 forward

2. wrhight in big bold letter to disregard figures before 3.0 and start over in this fleet with a clean slate.

why does the socond option appeal to me more?
            We've come to far to change all that. If you want a clean slate then try to persuade 'tep and buba to create a fleet with a new universe, or one that takes place far into the future of this one...

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
              I don't have a problem with you being very detailed with your race, I just don't like how their language sounds. o_o
              ...their cats...would you prefer mewing?

Captain: Mew muw mouw meu meyw mei mey?

Officer: Miau mai mwo mewey.

sounds like a pair of starwars blasters heving a chat.
              Last edited by Crazy Tom; 15 December 2007, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                ...their cats...would you prefer mewing?

Captain: Mew muw mouw meu meyw mei mey?

Officer: Miau mai mwo mewey.

sounds like a pair of starwars blasters heving a chat.
                Cats?! 0_o

Comment

Felinoids.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
                    Cats?! 0_o
                    i definatly remember reading they are feline.

EDIT: sorry, what exactly is that?
                    i would also like to remind everyone of a few facts we should ignore so wed on't screw up the universe.

DON'T MAKE TORSCH SHIPS
                    reserved, i gotta go now.
                    Last edited by Crazy Tom; 15 December 2007, 05:08 PM.

Comment

human-oid (human-like)

felin-oid (feline-like)
                      sigpic

Comment

ManiacMike, keep the chain mail. But why are you doing an Anubis Guard?
                        I felt like modeling jaffa, and anubis guards were first on the list.
                        Visit my Website

Comment

From reading I got the idea that the fighting will be happening outside of the MW. So based on that here is my idea for the fleet.
                          What if the wars with the swarm and the reapers are streching the alliance thin and to keep up they start taking ships from the MW fleet, to fight in the war zones. This is when the Id4 attack could start. The depleted MW fleet only has enough ships to protect high value systems and is force to ignore the id4 fleet because it is attacking non alliance and "low grade systems". After losing several battles independently with the id4 aliens. The League of Human Confederates, the Hebridan/Galeran/Tokra/Tagrean consortium, and the Free Jaffa Nation form a combined fleet and destroy the id4 aliens. From this success they form The Milky Way Defense Assocation(MWDA). This will be a military, tech, econ association for the improvement and protection of the MW. Many planets that were attacked and others who felt abandoned by the alliance join the MWDA. I'm thinking that 15-20% of the MW joins the association.
                          Also I don't think the alliance should end up dealing with or bringing the MWDA back into the fold. The should remain as a independent permanent politcal presence for the alliance to work with. I see their relationship developing into being allies who have different political viewpoints. Like the EU and USA in real life.
                          Also I hope that those ideas from others (The League of Human Confederates, the Hebridan/Galeran/Tokra/Tagrean consortium, Free Jaffa Nation, ID4) are not offended or upset that I used them and I hope they like the direction I went with them.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                            The power thing is the Hardest part. A Naquadah, mark 1 generator has been said to be 1000 nuclear power plants, which is about 700GWH I think. Or something similar. And a NIG was said to be something like 1 billion Terrajoules per second. But we really need to decide on figures. Anything with Naquadah can be times by 1000 inconjunction with any other element. So a Fission reactor would be 1000time more powerful, in the fleets its always been naquadah fusion reactors because fusion doesnt require fuel or as much fuel as fission and because a naquadah reactor has never been fueled i think we can assume it fusion. Given that Fusion is a process we understand but cant deplicate its quite confusing for me to get my head around. Ive always said that im not a scientist and im not good with numbers. I would like to clear some of these issues up and make the fleet more realistic scientificly but i dont want to do it by tearing up the brilliant universe and backstory it is built upon. Its scifi, we can bend the laws of physics a bit but i would like too see the basics corrected if people are up for it. By basics i mean, power generation, weapons yeilds, shields strength, ship speeds and alien equivalents. Though i dont think we will ever agree on a ZPM's power.
                            Well the mark I, if it is 1000 nuclear fission plants then that would mean it had 25 Terrawatts of power. So a tauri NIG is 40,000,000 times more powerful than a mark I naquadah generator. Joules per second is watts by the way tep . So really I dont think you need to tear up the book, if we use those figures as canon (was the TNIG equivilent to 10% of a ZPM or did i make that up?), and just work the figures up from there. We know the figure for a Mk II which is 6 times the power of a Mk I, so the rest upto the TNIG just need a bit of information. We don't have to keep it vague and we don't have to destroy what we did in the other 2 fleets.
                            Just one question is the Mk VIII generator the TNIG or just a regular naquadah generator, because with this info I could compile a list up to at least the TNIG.

Comment

Its a good idea QD, theres a couple of things missing but generally i like it. The IDaliens are unlikely to be a major major force in the MW. But the MWDA is a good idea.

The Mark 8 Is a naquadah reactor. But will be replaced by the TNIG. Do the List
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Yes sir , you missed a question: is the TNIG equivilent to a percentage of a ZPM's power?

Comment

Working...
                                X