Gateworld Virtual Fleet 3.0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
    speaking of supersoldiers, the amount of modeling skill equires is beyond me but here's a potshot ath the specs:

Spoiler:
    Project TITAN

Enviromental Suit
    -Gel layer
    absorbs moisture/waste
    regulates temp.
    cusions kinetic blows
    nano fibre cannals
    (cary nanites)
    -presure seals
    -Nano canisters
    (used to manufacture nanites for the suit)
    -Air-tight seal
    -Battlelsilk pading
    naquadah/ceramic polymer nono weave(disipates energy and kinetic ataks)
    nano musle web(make you way sronger)
    -grip boots/gloves(good grip)
    -shock absorbing bots(land on your feet)

Outer Suit
    -Multy alloy ablative battleplating(as much as 2cm thick in places, hardened by exposing it to extreme gravity fields)
    neutronium/titanium alloys, with interwoven reflective layers to dissipate
    laser weapons
    -Superconductive crystal based nervous system
    for the AI, if were gonna go spatan on this we may as well go all the way.
    -weapons hlster
    -other stuff i don't know about
    -sensors

Helmet
    -LED flashlights
    -Air purifiers
    -drinking strww(in case u get dehydrated)
    -HUD
    -flash compensating coat(transitions lenser, but way faster, so u don't get blinded by bright stuff)
    -sonic scruber & nano cells(if u get blood or dirt on it this will vibrate it off, and the nano cell sin case u break it)
    -throat mike
    -speakers(sends vibrations straight nto your skull, completly silent)
    -neural plug-in(mind-machine interphace)
    -electronics plug in slot

Backpack
    -Life supprt unit
    120 minites of air
    micro stasis unit(in case you find yourself stranded in sapace without any
    hope of rescue or a spaceship)
    -IFF
    -Shiled generator(flexible shield)
    -sensors
    -miniaturised naquadah power core

what did I miss?
    You forgot about radiation protection and the Sodan Cloaking devices
    Quacks

Comment

the shield can handle any radiation, and TITANs won't spend that much time in space, they are menat for battlesfield use.

i am also reluctant to use the sodan cloaking device, it just seems too good to be true.

Comment

i think I dont like the idea of the tauri going halo, with super soldier suits.

The only reason there would be super soldier is if we are being smashed by another enemies ground forces, which I doubt would happen, since we were able to take out easily jaffa and ori ground forces.
        Visit my Website

Comment

*shrugs* here's the grunt suit:

Comfort Layer:
          -combat silk pijama
          absorbs moisture
          provides insulation(can be swiched for different enviroments)

Main Layer
          -nano power fibres(kinetic generators for power needs)
          -ceramic polymer skin
          -balistic foam/naquadah padding

Jackets
          worn over Main Layer
          -life signs detector
          -weapon holster
          -pockets for everything a sldier needs.

Helmet:
          -solar power cell
          -skull resonator(transmits vibtrations directly into a soldier's skull, completly silent to any outside observer)
          -throat mike
          -Gogles
          HUD

tell me if i missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
            i think I dont like the idea of the tauri going halo, with super soldier suits.

The only reason there would be super soldier is if we are being smashed by another enemies ground forces, which I doubt would happen, since we were able to take out easily jaffa and ori ground forces.
            But both Reapers and Swarm are far more formidable opponents than Jaffa and Ori forces. Reapers themselves are Wraith super soldiers and the Swarm can adapt to weapons and are very strong fast etc...
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
              But both Reapers and Swarm are far more formidable opponents than Jaffa and Ori forces. Reapers themselves are Wraith super soldiers and the Swarm can adapt to weapons and are very strong fast etc...
              in that cas i say we take a different aproackh to this:

drumroll please
              *dddrrrrrrrrr*

we give people superpowers and coffe
              just like al those other pre-ascended dudes.

Comment

in that cas i say we take a different aproackh to this:

drumroll please
                *dddrrrrrrrrr*

we give people superpowers and coffe
                just like al those other pre-ascended dudes.
                Erm how about we just stick to the battle suites etc...No pre ascended powers.
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                  Erm how about we just stick to the battle suites etc...No pre ascended powers.
                  awww... i was hoping for an x-men type battle

aw well. but do we stll get to mess around with the supersoldier's DNA?

Comment

awww... i was hoping for an x-men type battle

aw well. but do we stll get to mess around with the supersoldier's DNA?
                    I'm not sure, we've had telekinetic battles in the fleet anyway. Talos used telekinesis in a battle against Keb a super evolved goa'uld human hybrid with the knowledge of anubis e.g. Kalek mark 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                      Not much but hmm. Not sure. Will need discussions, what about mental abilities.
                      What about them?

Also I agree with Mike no superhumans for the tau'ri I mean if my spartans couldn't have super soliders who spent so much time and effort into gentics to find them and could only get so far then Earth comes out in about sixty years and has them I find to be impossible

Also Crazy Tom I don't know if I like the Shield generator for our soliders I don't think we should have kull like soldiers
                      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic
                      So whats the worst that could happen?
                      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

ther is only one way to get me to drop that shield generator, specialy that weve seen personal shileds are possible:

WRAITH DNA! like shepard! we could get our soldiers to pown serious ass like that. look at what shepard did. add to that the suit's ataniek function...

Comment

ther is only one way to get me to drop that shield generator, specialy that weve seen personal shileds are possible:

WRAITH DNA! like shepard! we could get our soldiers to pown serious ass like that. look at what shepard did. add to that the suit's ataniek function...
                          No I'm very against that, I don't think splicing our DNA and Wraith DNA is ever good
                          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic
                          So whats the worst that could happen?
                          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Speaking of super soldiers, I have an old armor design on an old HD I'll post if I ever find the time to get it on here.

It's not some uber-powerful thing either, iirc it used all 2007 technology except maybe for a few things.

Oh..and my dudes were called Titans also.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                              No I'm very against that, I don't think splicing our DNA and Wraith DNA is ever good
                              *sights* and now i find myself in a position to remind you that inteligence types rarely care (or at least hide it well) about the moral implications of their work as long as it's not too bad, the protection of their people comes first no matter the cost.

speaking of which do we have an office of naval inteligence?

Comment

Or if immhotep tells you to drop the shield. I think the Antoniek things are stupid.

Here's something the US is developing which is what I based my armor on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_force_warrior

Comment

Working...
                                X