Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be cast for the part of Kerry Johnson in "Threads"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Niniel
    My vote: Mary Steenburgen?
    He thinks a lot of Uma Thurman too.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Uma was only killing because she didn't want her daughter to be brought up in an assasin business. She wanted a normal life, and she was not allowed that, evernts happened, and she had to go on a killing rampage.

Now please go back on topic.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Wouldn't it be WEIRD though if they had an actress whom they had already referenced by name as a real person?

"Why, hello, Ms. Johnson. What? No, you look NOTHING LIKE Uma Thurman. Who says you do?"

I mean, come on. Then again, it wouldn't be the first case of major inconsistency within the Stargate universe.
        It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
          Uma was only killing because she didn't want her daughter to be brought up in an assasin business. She wanted a normal life, and she was not allowed that, evernts happened, and she had to go on a killing rampage.

Now please go back on topic.
          Okay. How about...see attachment. Seem to be having trouble with attachments so gotta tell you it was a pic of Charlize Theron
          Last edited by Ancient 1; 27 August 2004, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Did anyone else understand what Adamioxe just said?!

Was that person skitophrenic or something?

Cause I'm not following.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
              Did anyone else understand what Adamioxe just said?!

Was that person skitophrenic or something?

Cause I'm not following.
              It wasn't that complicated (you also misspelled my handle ).

They've already mentioned Uma Thurman and Mary What's-her-name on the show. So in the SG-1 universe, they exist, as actresses. It would be weird if all of a sudden one of them played some other character on the show.

It would kind of be like if Jack and Teal'c were sitting around, and Jack said, "You know, one of the best football players I ever saw in college was a linebacker named Chris Judge. He never went pro. I wonder what the deal with that was. Did he become an actor or something?"
              It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

Originally posted by Niniel
                My vote: Mary Steenburgen?
                Now that would be cool !!!
                Sam....

Comment

Does DeLuise have a sister? Its only fair.
                  Last edited by Rogue; 27 August 2004, 08:23 PM.
                  Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Adamixoye
                    It wasn't that complicated (you also misspelled my handle ).

They've already mentioned Uma Thurman and Mary What's-her-name on the show. So in the SG-1 universe, they exist, as actresses. It would be weird if all of a sudden one of them played some other character on the show.

It would kind of be like if Jack and Teal'c were sitting around, and Jack said, "You know, one of the best football players I ever saw in college was a linebacker named Chris Judge. He never went pro. I wonder what the deal with that was. Did he become an actor or something?"
                    Speaking strictly for myself, that was a much better explanation. The first was a bit muddled. I do like the idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                      I'm picturing somebody like Sela Ward. Or Dana Delaney.
                      I'd love to see Sela Ward cast for the part. It would break away from the industry propensity for casting 30 year old women for parts they're obviously not suited for. Besides, I could never believe Jack would find much in common with anybody below the age of 40 anyways. Jack is pushing 50 by now let alone RDA who's past it.

Since TPTB are gonna cast somebody in their 30s. Then I say let it be Lauren Graham of Gilmour Girls fame. She'll give Carter a run for her money.
                      BallsyBaal's Stargate SG-1 Videos
                      O'NEILL: And how are we supposed to know,when you know, if it's all happening in your head while you're sleeping?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                        Does DeLuise have a sister? Its only fair.
                        LOL! I know, right?!

My vote: Mary Steenburgen...it would just be so great. (Unfortunately, I'd have to hate her character..me loving Sam/Jack)
                        ~Courtney

"I think it's rounding her out as a person, and I think that any experience she gets in the love department, in terms of how to foster and keep a relationship, and how to open herself up and open her heart up, will only serve her for the future when she does eventually get together with O'Neill." -Amanda Tapping (in an article with Sci-Fi)

Comment

I've suggested 2 blondes (Heatherlocklear, Charlize Theron),so far because Mary Steenburgen seems to be the lone exception to the rule.

His wife was blonde
                          Carter is blonde
                          Kynthia: (Brief Candle) while not blonde is not near as dark or black like Steenburgen's
                          Lara: (100 Days) same as Kynthia

Comment

Kelly Mcgillis
                            sigpic
                            The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

ME !!!!! ME ME ME ME ME ME....ooooooh....kissing Jack/RDA...kewl. ME ME ME !!!! OVER HERE....did I mention ME?
                              Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamixoye
                                I'd actually love to see your dialog in action; that would be hilarious!

Well, Macgyver was mentioned in the "Children of the Gods". So technically Richard Dean Anderson exists in the Stargate Universe. ;-)
                                Last edited by Lord You; 28 August 2004, 10:10 AM. Reason: Fix some typos

Comment

Working...
                                X