No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David, your entire bomb may have a problem if the mark 9 gatebusters have yields similer if not more powerful then yours. Someone calculated it as 12 TT (look for the link to spacebattles in the How powerful is the mark 9 gatebuster thread.)

found the link http://forum.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=87905
    Last edited by CouchPotator; 26 December 2006, 06:48 PM. Reason: Quack
    Quacks

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
      I said in a previous post, I was gonna start using Naquadah enhanced deuterium fusion missiles in my ships (although in small quantities to start with)

Here it is, it has been given the nickname the "Planet Buster". This is the mark I obviously.

specs:
      Spoiler:

length: 15m
      width: 10m
      height: 9m
      volume: 1350 cubic metres

power:
      no self-sustaining power source however the engines are powered by a ion rector.

material: reinforced aluminium and trinium

engine power:
      4x ion engines (capable of travelling at speeds upto 300kps (1% LS))

For 100 years there have been plans to build a fusion reactor, once we had the naquadah reactor powering the world, the research on a fusion reactor slowed and was transferred to a fusion based missile. In 2038, the first plans for a fusion weapon were drawn up, however the military wanted a deuterium fusion based missile instead of a hydrogen fusion based weapon. So came 2042 and the rise of the aschen. This caused great concern for the Tauri, so the fusion missile was rushed into production.
      The weapon itself is capable of a 1 Terraton explosion, the inside of the missile has a magnetic field to stop the particles from escaping (and also to bring the atoms into the fused state) the naquadah is added once the fusion has taken place. This all happens within a fraction of a second before contact between the missile and the object it has been launched at.
      Only 6 of these weapons have been made and will feature on the battleships(including dreadnaughts) and battlecruisers.
      This could be one of the most powerful weapons in the Milky Way galaxy.
      However at this time they are so expensive and hard to make that the quantity so far wouldn't change the tide of war.
      I think we already have these.

Comment

Originally posted by CouchPotator View Post
        David, your entire bomb may have a problem if the mark 9 gatebusters have yields similer if not more powerful then yours. Someone calculated it as 12 TT (look for the link to spacebattles in the How powerful is the mark 9 gatebuster thread.)

Ah well I thought when the first Mark IX was used it was stated it was a "multi-gigaton explosion".

Comment

Can i just say that our Naquadah missiles are fusion missiles, or at least they ought to be. The Naquadah reactor is not a fission based technology, it is a fusion reactor. So our Maquadah nukes should also be based on Naquadah Fusion not fission.
          I think the idea is fine David, but i think that we already have them, which is why i designed the Potassium/Naquadah Missiles, because we know that even in non fusion/fission conditions those two elements are highly explosive. Therefore if potassium was used in conjunction with the conventional Naquadah or Naquadriah fusion payloads the effects would be increased exponentially.

Also i thought the Mark IX was a low terraton payload.

PS Welcome back and hope you all had a lovely Xmas
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by CouchPotator View Post

It looks like they assumed a lot for their calculations, so I'm not sure I'd take their figures as Gospel truth.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Ok sorry if what I am going to suggest is out of the question but seeing the history of earth I say why not. Also this is my first post so if my idea seems wack please tell me where its fault lies.

I am suggesting a project called "Harmony" it is the construction of about 360 satelittes around earth orbit (sort of like the halo 2 Mac Gun formations). These will be based on blueprints of the ancient satelite instalation from "the siege part one". They will be bending the rules about the standard since its an defensive project normal weapons wouldnt work.

Its energy beam will function like the ancient weapons, but alot less effective, it will fire by buffering energy from an Mark IV generator but will have an two minute buffer time. Also the resulting beam will ony be %0% the strength of an ancient one. So a shot every two minutes. Also it will be outfitted with an Goauld shield but one similar to those used by anubis when engaged with the asgard. They will be running at 15% efficient when weapon is buffering and be disabled when main weapon is firing. Also it will be mounted with a few 100mm rail guns for protection from fighters.

Now I know this isint really that fair so here is where it evens out. in 2040 their will be only 43 fully operational and 15 in construction with about an 3 month construction period. Also they will be bare bone with no extra features other than those used by the weapon.

Comment

We already have selected and voted upon a defence satalite class for the fleet. But good idea

See here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....5&postcount=39
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                11000! green me

Comment

Sorry buba didn't realise you were using them as well.
                  don't worry about it, no reason to be sorry i was only joking

the satelite defense system looks promising...
                  though we'd probably use the current defense satelitte in it though seeing as it was voted in and this is what it was designed for
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Back on the fusion missile thing: It will depend on the amount of fused material you have on how powerful the missile is (plus i looked back at beachhead and carter said a multi-gigaton explosion)

Comment

Back on the fusion missile thing: It will depend on the amount of fused material you have on how powerful the missile is (plus i looked back at beachhead and carter said a multi-gigaton explosion)
                      Multi gigatoncould still mean Tetratons....for example 1200 megatons is a gigaton but it was called a 1200 megaton bomb in the show....
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I did see the mention of it but from the specs of that satelite it doesnt protect us from greater threats and is very easily destroyed if attacked strategically, I am just suggesting that since earth is the most important planet we have to protect that we go the extra mile to ensure we have a safe haven from most threats. These atelittes can even take out an ori ship if about 5-6 satelittes fire on the target at one time. Also if you noted the project is still in its construction phase and is more a plan for the future than an solution for right now.

Comment

Which is exactly my point, these satalites are primary defence's, not offensive weapons. The satalites are not powerfull enough to take and OMS an i dont think any satalite ever will be. The satalite i designed in a viable and very good satalite. It has a standard shield, some rail guns and a single Asgard Cannon. It can take out Hatak class ships after about 10 hits but has the shield power to survive multiple hataks firing(about 4-5) at it for 5 minutes, its rate of fire is 6 shots per minute.
                          The defensive power is perfectly balenced, it can provide moderate defence for its job. it is a first contact defence, it is not infalible but it is able to give the people on the planet enough time to evac, call for help, or power up or launch other weapons and ships. Thats its job to give planets a fighting chance; being able to take down Ori motherships is not its function, in fact i clearly stated that if it detects an Ori mothership then it sends out a beacon that calls ever ship anywhere to that location, that only takes 3 seconds and can sustain 1 hit from the Ori cannon, just enough to call for help. Facing an ori mothership is not its function and no satalite should ever be able to do that.
                          Also in the context of this fleet the Ori are defeated so we have no need for that kind of protection, and also in the context of this fleet earth is already vastly more defendable than any other world in the MW or PG. It has a permament defence fleet, the drone outpost, nearly 100 defence satalites and seeing that it just survived the largest fleet of warships ever sent from another galaxy, the planet it doing pretty well
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

Well Sorry I miss understood the specs, I thought it alot weaker than how you described it, so I apologize

Comment

Hyperdrive and Sublight speeds are essential in response time and stuff.
                              Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Ok for for sublight speeds i think that 70% light speed should be the maximum, even though the promethius could go 40-50% light speed, i dont think we should get too fast because the dopler effect and all that.
                                As to hyperdrive speed i usualy quote mine in how long it takes to get from Earth to Atlantis, because that is an already established jounrey, the deadalus takes 18 days. The leviathon for example takes 8 days.
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X