Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
    Yes it was. After Full circle there was never any mention of the the planet being there. And Skarra said anubis destroyed the planet and "one named oma did this" created a home so Sg1 could have closure. The Chappa eye will remain until you leave. If im wrong about that then all things about Anubis, the abydonians, Daniel/Oma's relationship and the Adnihlo are completely thrown out of whack. But i know im not wrong, i have watched full circle and the whole of season 6 so many times, its the one i bought first and my favourate season so i really dont think im wrong. Anubis did destroy abydos, the stargate exploding has numerous times said that it would take out a significant portion of a planet. Plus anubis said "now i will destroy abydos" All cannonic evidence surgests that abydos was destroyed, fully destroyed.
    Why would they mention Abydos? Dude no offense that's a stupid reason....Abydos must be destroyed because they never mentioned it lol. Skarra never said the planet was destroyed, I believe he said the area surrounding the stargate was destroyed.

Why would everything be thrown out of whack? I saw full circle about 5 days ago FYI and no mention of the planet being destroyed was mentioned infact SG-1 were taking about sending a ship to the planet to see if there were survivors.

Anubis is Goa'uld he talks BIG doesn't mean the planet was litterally destroyed. A stargate exploding would take out a state with a several gigaton explosion NOT a planet. You've all misinterpreted the episode...No canonical evidence suggests the planet was fully destroyed.

And all this rubbish about a single Ascended being creating an illusionary world are so far fetched and founded it's unbelievable.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Grrr. Shall i just not post comments on anything anymore. I mean seriously ive clearly misinterpretted everything in stargate so far. The Wraith, the Asgard, the Lantians, Ascended beings, the allience the one series of stargate which is love the most is founded on self-fiction apparently. Seriously, should i just stop posting.
      Im getting really tired, i have my own perceptions of what the mythology of SG is, some of the blurred lines in the series are clear in my mind. Abydos is one of them. The Power of the Asgard in comparison to the ancients. The Date of the allience's creation. So what, do you actually have to correct or nitpick at everything about my "warped" view of stargate mythology. If you do, then the fleet wont survive because most of the history is based on that warped view. Including abydos's destruction.

PS a single ascended being can cover the area around a planet in a thunder shower taking out dozens of hive ships and darts. If you dont think they can create illusions like that, your wrong. And it wasnt one ascended, it was about 2000, Abydos's population was about 2000 people.

Im really having my boundaries of patience tested recently.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

well its finaly done and its my best work yet you herd me complaine about how hard it was to work with this model but it was a labor of love and now here it is enjoy!

Valor mkIII
        Heavy Assault Cruiser
        A.K.A Earth's unknown Beast

heres the bow
        Spoiler:

heres a port view
        Spoiler:

heres the stern
        Spoiler:

heres the top
        Spoiler:

and an iso view
        Spoiler:

Here are the specs
        Spoiler:
        specs
        30 decks
        850 meters long
        420 meters wide

armaments
        10 heavy rail guns
        3 forward coil guns
        6 missile bays - 3 missile launchers in each - 15 mk X tactical naqadria nukes in each - 330 in all tubes - 330 in storage
        2 vertical stationary charged particle cannons
        4 turret charged particle cannons

air wing
        20 F-302s
        10 Hurricanes
        5 Bombers
        10 Armed boarding craft
        40 Drop ships

power
        4 nutrino ion generators
        6 mk V naqadria generators for charged particle cannons

shielding/sensors/engines
        Shielding
        Prototype gravity wave shielding

sensors
        Asgard package

engines
        12 prototype sub light pulse engines

hyper drive
        Asgard advanced hyperdrive

i should have the back story up soon but i might need some help with it
        i hope you guys like it
        Last edited by Aroura-Gate; 04 September 2007, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Immhotep:
          I'm with you on Abydos being destroyed. Technically they never said they were destroyed. But come on, 2000+ people, the stargate...all destroyed.

Originally posted by gateworld.net
          Anubis activates his weapon once again, and a massive burst strikes the pyramid on the planet's surface. SG-1 returns to Earth through the Stargate, and Jack witnesses the pyramid collapse around him as he steps through the gate. The pyramid, the planet, everything is utterly annihilated.
          Everyone can think what ever they want.
          Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
            Immhotep:
            I'm with you on Abydos being destroyed. Technically they never said they were destroyed. But come on, 2000+ people, the stargate...all destroyed.

Everyone can think what ever they want.
            Yeah so 2000+ people and a stargate means that the entire planet was destroyed come on. You lot are going on nothing but your gut feelings and that quote proves nothing...the gateworld omnipedia is a less than canonical source of information.

But regardless of my opinion I'll leave the point because arguing gets us no where and it irrelevent really. But my position stands.
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

if i may interupt what do you guys think of my ship

Comment

I dont know if it i like it. I can give clear reasons why. Firstly and this isnt due to modelling quality whatsoever(i think its a great model) it for some reason doesnt "feel" right. The style of ships in the fleet have been quite chunky and the Valor looks dainty. The main thing which is "wrong" style wise about the ship is the thinness of the ship. Its very long and thin. Theres both a practical and technical reason i think ships have bene chunky. Firstly shields are oliptical, having a long thin ship means surrounding it in a shield would require more emiters which would weaken it significantly. Structurally if the shield is weakened the hull will be very thin so you could snap the neck of a ship with one bleed through bolt of energy.
                Can i make a surgestion for the model, i know how painfully you have worked on it so far, so this is going to sound really harsh but its meant to be constructive. By what i assume are the power generators the cyclinders near the thinest part, just after the engines. Add two large Hanger bays, on either side. So the ship looks like it its wide at one end and pointy at the other. At the moment the really thin part looks a bit out of place.

Man i feel really bad, i do like it, the more i look at it the more i like it, i like it from the port view. But it really does look fragile structurally. Also we havent got NIG's from the Asgard but in 3.0 we might get out own versions, though 4 of them would be overkill, 1 NIG was enough to make leviathon one of the best ships in our fleet for nearly 30 years. So a TauriNIG would boost a ship considerably. You might want to add Ion cannons to the weapons too, they are the main weapons of the day.

Eek. PS i can help you with a backstory if you want me too, if you dont hate me after this post
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Aroura-Gate View Post
                  well its finaly done and its my best work yet you herd me complaine about how hard it was to work with this model but it was a labor of love and now here it is enjoy!

Valor mkIII
                  Heavy Assault Cruiser
                  A.K.A Earth's unknown Beast

heres the bow
                  Spoiler:

heres a port view
                  Spoiler:

heres the stern
                  Spoiler:

heres the top
                  Spoiler:

and an iso view
                  Spoiler:

Here are the specs
                  Spoiler:
                  specs
                  30 decks
                  850 meters long
                  420 meters wide

armaments
                  10 heavy rail guns
                  3 forward coil guns
                  6 missile bays - 3 missile launchers in each - 15 mk X tactical naqadria nukes in each - 330 in all tubes - 330 in storage
                  2 vertical stationary charged particle cannons
                  4 turret charged particle cannons

air wing
                  20 F-302s
                  10 Hurricanes
                  5 Bombers
                  10 Armed boarding craft
                  40 Drop ships

power
                  4 nutrino ion generators
                  6 mk V naqadria generators for charged particle cannons

shielding/sensors/engines
                  Shielding
                  Prototype gravity wave shielding

sensors
                  Asgard package

engines
                  12 prototype sub light pulse engines

hyper drive
                  Asgard advanced hyperdrive

i should have the back story up soon but i might need some help with it
                  i hope you guys like it
                  you made that on ..... what? I've not been in here much but... whoah

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

thats the exact type of feedback im looking for wasnt sure how much out put the NIG's had and in sted of a normal sheild i had kind of imagend this gravity wave genorator it kind of acts as a deflecor not just a sheild but redirects the shot a few degres so that it dosent hit the hull or for smaller munitons just crushs it from sher force.
                    Google skethup
                    and heres the file if any one wants to play with it
                    Last edited by Aroura-Gate; 04 September 2007, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aroura-Gate View Post
                      if i may interupt what do you guys think of my ship
                      Honestly, I don't like it. It looks like it would just be flying and break in half. I was screwing around in paint with it and thought it would look better if you made it like this..

Less long and thin.

edit: Maybe I'll try to make it like that in sketchup and see how it looks..

Comment

well the whole cylinder thing is to be able to aim the main guns in any direction.
                        I just had a thought how about different variants of it one for heavy assault (original design) gound assult (ZakeD's design) a whole line of different Valor assault ships
                        Last edited by Aroura-Gate; 04 September 2007, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Random modelling
                          Spoiler:
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                            Random modelling
                            Spoiler:
                            Reminds me of a sleeker "Grace" ship, to be honest.
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Ooh

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                Reminds me of a sleeker "Grace" ship, to be honest.
                                0_o It looks nothing like the Grace ship..and isn't sleek. The Grace ship had a really sleek/organic style..teps model is blocky with the exception of a few curves.

Comment

Working...
                                X