No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to put forward my EXCALIBUR (based on Dauntless batch 2) class battleship.

Designation – Heavy Hyperspace capable Battlecruiser
    Class name – Excalibur
    Technology bass – Terran/ Asgard
    Date of the First of the class commissioned - 2037

Length – 750m
    Beam (Main Hull) – 130m
    Beam (weapon outriggers/ engine pods) – 300m
    Height (MMP attachment) - 63m
    Height (main hull) – 100m
    Height (Island) – 175m
    Height ( weapons pod )- 60m

Minimum Crew – 63
    Maximum Crew – 1000
    Standard Crew complement – 450
    Embarked Special Forces – normally 20-40 marines assigned to a ship on 4 week rotations for away missions, boarding and counter- boarding and security
    Decks – 34 (2.5 m tall)

Power-plants – 1 mark 6 naquida reactors
    2 mark 2 for back up( one in nose, one in tail between thrusters)
    Propulsion – 4 main heavy thrusters on the rear of the hull(2 port , 2 starboard of tail)
    6 smaller manoeuvring thrusters on rear side of weapon outriggers
    18 emergency mass reactive thrusters, 6 on the nose, 3 dorsal mid, 3 ventral mid, 6 tail

Defensives – Asgard built shields
    Between 20 and 60 cm of titanium/carbon/naquida armour
    Kevlar splash damage armour

Other technology – 2 sets of rings, Asgard transporter, etc

Weapons- Offensive
    Heavy (experimental) particle accelerator cannon batteries-
    A battery dorsal fore, 2 X 2 barrelled Heavy particle accelerator cannon turrets

Medium railgun batteries – Dorsal
    1 battery, port fore, 2 X 1 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns
    2 battery, starboard fore, 2 X 1 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns
    3 battery, weapon outrigger port, 4 X 2 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns
    4 battery, weapon outrigger starboard, 4 X 2 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns

Medium railgun batteries – Ventral
    5 battery, nose, 2 X 1 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns
    6 battery, weapon outrigger port, 4 X 2 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns
    7 battery, weapon outrigger starboard, 4 X 2 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns

Heavy missile batteries – Dorsal (in single columns flanking the HRG batteries)
    1 X 30 missile launch tubes for longbow missiles, port
    1 X 30 missile launch tubes for longbow missiles, starboard

Weapons – Defensive
    Light railgun batteries -
    Zone ND, (Nose dorsal), 6 dual barrelled 35mm railguns
    Zone NV, (nose ventral), 3 dual barrelled 35mm railguns
    Zone PD/V, (Port dorsal ventral), 9 dual barrelled 35mm railguns
    Zone SD/V, (Starboard dorsal ventral), 9 dual barrelled 35mm railguns
    Island, 12 dual barrelled railguns
    Tail ventral, 3 dual barrelled 35mm railguns

Medium missile batteries –
    Port weapon outrigger, dorsal, 3X 16 tube launcher for Sabre missiles
    Port weapon outrigger, ventral, 3X 16 tube launcher for Sabre missiles
    Starboard weapon outrigger, dorsal, 3X 16 tube launcher for Sabre missiles
    Starboard weapon outrigger, ventral, 3X 16 tube launcher for Sabre missiles

Modular mission pod – This pod is attached to the underside of the ship below A battery. The Pod fits in between the nose and start of the weapon outriggers. It has its own life support, crew accommodation, armoury, and command centre (used as a back up to the main bridge) . It is attached to the ship by 12 magnetic locks.

There are 5 types of MMP in use:

Weapons pod mark 1–basically the Dorsal for armament replicated, consists of:
    X battery dorsal fore, 2 X 3 gun turrets with 250mm/10inch railguns
    2 X30 missile launch tubes for longbow missile

Weapons pod mark 2 – 2 X 2 barrelled particle accelerator with its own mark 3 reactor and fire control room

Flight pod – Hanger bay for up to 60 fighters, 7 Valkire transports, with space for maintenance , machine shops, bomb farms ,etc

Ground assault pod – Barracks for 400 marines, vehicle deck for up to 150 vehicles (depends on type), flight deck for 10 Gould Cargo ships, 26 Valkire transports, 10 fighters.

Cargo pod – has 16 40m X 20m X 40m ( 32,000m cubed) pressurised holds. The bottom holds open directly to space through swing doors, roof of bottom hold retracts to allow top holds to be emptied into bottom holds thus into space /onto ground.

Each MMP has the same dimensions and basic weapons:
    Length - 250m
    Height – 50m
    Beam – 100m

Weapons - 6 X 35 mm railguns

Key for weapons
    Particle accelerator – this weapon is the logical step up from the railgun. Along with Asgard scientists, the brain-boxes at area 51 developed the ultra high velocity particle cannon. This weapon uses magnetic fields to contain an unstable mixture of gases and uses an electric field to propel the particles to almost half the speed of light (relative to the speed of the ship. In order to achieve these velocities the scientists looked toward an existing idea. The idea of using laser beams to accelerate the particle even more was not new. However it had never been tried or tested. This method created an afterburning effect to the particles. The first particle cannon in use was built onto the destroyer Antarctica in 2029 and was over 200m in length. It took 10 minutes to charge but was accurate to 4 light seconds and could knock down a Hatak’s shield in 2 shots. This version of the weapon was designed into further Antarctica class destroyers. In 2033 the Asgard were asked to help refining the weapon. The feat they and the human scientists achieved was huge. They cut the weapons length from 200m to 20m and its recharge time from 10 mins to 30 seconds. This new weapon was destined to replace the 250mm railguns on all TSC cruisers and battleships. The weapon were ordered to replace the 250mm railguns on the Excalibur a mere 20 weeks before its commissioning. To date the accelerators have been used over 200 times in 34 engagements and only twice did they fail, they also proved themselves a potent weapon against both the wraith and rouge Hatak’s

Longbow missile – 5 m by 1m, carries 500 megaton naquida enhanced warhead. Propelled by gas until a safe distance away from ship, then main engine ignites. Used in salvo as an Anti-ship missile but can be used singly to take out massed fighter groups. Typically 180 carried in ship, 150 in MMP

Sabre missile - 1.5m by 300mm, carries 500 Kg High explosive warhead or 50 kiloton nuclear warhead. Used as anti – fighter missile, can be used as Anti ship if launched En-mass. Typically 580 carried.

35 mm (150rpm per barrel) and 125 mm (90 rpm per barrel) railguns can fire solid shot or ‘flak’ shot for Taking down fighters. A flak round explodes into 100 smaller hypervelocity slivers or fleches when either, A) the targeting computer detonates all shells to for a wall of shrapnel a set distance from the ship , or B) via proximity fuse.
    250 mm railguns fire solid or Naquida/potassium shells a 30 rpm per barrel.

History.
    The Dauntless class (batch 2) was built to improve on the remarkable dauntless batch 1 class in the Terran space corps (TSC). It was over 50 m longer than its predecessors and was equipment with new weapons. It kept the majority of its original weapons and of course the MMP pod system. It also had a small built in hanger bay aftbaft of the island for 2 Valkire dropships or 4 vulture transports /PJ’s. As of 2035 all new and in-service TSC ships had to have a system of standardised hard-points and airlocks. These allowed easier transport of men and material between ships and space stations. Also damaged ships could be docked onto undamaged ships to transfer wounded .In extreme situations a ship could dock, lock systems and hyperspace fields and carry the wounded ship away. All hard points were 10m long by 2 m tall and wide and were 50 m apart from each other or the nearest airlock,(mostly) in a straight line along the belly of the ships. Ships also had at least 1 airlock and boarding tube. Each airlock was 7m in diameter and was connected to an air-gate which contained an armoury, de-con/medical bay and control room. Each airlock was made from 20cm thick armour plating, could telescope 5 m away from the ship and was sealed by and twin 50cm thick irises. The boarding tube could extend a total of 30m away from the ship in a 30 degree cone and was made from titanium trusses, carbon fibre and Kevlar. It is stored around the airlock tube and is capped by the airlock itself. Both the airlocks and boarding tubes can be connected to each other via strong mag-locks and titanium locking rods.
    Aboard the Excalibur 14 hard-points and 2 airlocks were positioned along the belly, along with an airlock in the nose.
    The Excalibur was launcher under command of Colonel Webbs, helm, weapons then commander of the Daedalus and commander of the Destroyer Antarctica .He joined his old commander Lieutenant General Steven Caldwel with the home fleet , 1st capital squadron and was rotated to Atlantis in 2038 under request of Dr Weir, to protect the planet Lantea from the Wraith raiders and remanants. In it first engagement, I scored 2 kills on wraith cruisers and severely damaged a hive ship, so much so it was boarded and captured. However damage accounted for, 1 accelerator was destroyed by a leak in the containment field , 12 crew were wounded, 4 crew were killed by decompression , 4 medium railguns and 2 small railguns were destroyed and 1 VLS received damage to its loading system. Unfortunatley Caldwel was killed on board the destroyer Persus the next day along with all hands in a Wraith ambush.
    Last edited by hotshotalpha1; 17 November 2006, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Just a thought but what are we going to call this new fleet. Somethig like the United Nations space fleet, Terran space Corps, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
        Here is my prologue to the 2nd fleet.

Post-Ori events of the Milky Way Galaxy

Spoiler:

After the defeat of the Ori, the rebuilding of the Milky Way races took many years. The free jaffa nation was in ruins, distraught at the loss of dakara. This meant a new capital had to be chosen: Of which the chosen planet was teal’c’s home: Chulak. He was voted in as leader of the jaffa and straight away signed a full alliance treaty with the Tau’ri and the nearly fully rebuilt Asgard. Together with the Tok’ra and the Nox, a new alliance was formed. This was the greatest alliance for 10,000 years.
        Although the Nox wouldn’t fight, their wisdom was their greatest strength. The Tok’ra brought their espionage as their strength to the alliance. The Asgard brought technology to the alliance. The Tau’ri brought tactical thinking to the alliance and the Jaffa brought brute strength to the alliance. For the first time in many millennia, the galaxy was at peace with each other. But, for how long? The Aschen were first encountered in 2001, they tried to steal our planet by giving us treatments that would cause infertility across the planet. Their plan was thwarted by SG1. However, sources tell us that during the Ori invasion, they laid low and built up a fleet of highly advanced ships. The Jaffa and the Tau’ri were the hardest hit by the Ori invasion and the rebuilding had taken many years. If the Aschen were to attack, our defences wouldn’t be able to withstand their fleet.
        By 2010, the whole world knew of the stargate program and the relative space warship program. While conflicts still arise on Earth, the amount and size of the conflicts are far lower than they use to be.
        This has meant that many countries have become far more involved in the program,
        In 2035, in a final showdown with the wraith, Earth’s population and fleet took a massive hit, losing 2 billion people in that final battle and countless Pegasus attack group ships. The ships were rebuilt at the shipyards above Atlantis and were upgraded with new high spec shields, engines, fighters and weapons. This left Earth with a very old and very worn fleet. A lot of these ships need to be decommissioned, but will not be decommissioned until a new fleet structure is established.
        After taking 5 years to rebuild the planet, Earth is now ready to start building ships again. All we need now are the designs for these new and improved ships…….
        That's close to the idea I had for the Aschen. But, it sounds good. I like it. I'm glad its not an overpowering Wraith story, or Wraith related story, which I saw alot from what I read in the first Gateworld Virtual Fleet Story.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by hotshotalpha1 View Post
          Just a thought but what are we going to call this new fleet. Somethig like the United Nations space fleet, Terran space Corps, etc
          I think Terran Space corps should be the miltary branch of the Terran federation, which is made up of hundred of human populated worlds, either owned by or under the vasselship of Earth.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Can i jsut ask everyone not to post any other classes except the one we are voting for, at the moment we are voting on Orbital defence platforms/satalite/stations. Im going to say that all designs for this class must be submitted by the 15th of November, after which we will start the voting process ok. Either post the designs here or PM either myself or Davidtouriquet.
            Thanks
            Immhotep
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

I second that, your designs will be put up as soon as submission ends.

As I said, the orbital defence class is split into to sections: space station and defence platform. So one vote for the space station and one vote for the platform.
              Can we make it clear,at this time we only want the space station/defence platform designs, no other (lets have a bit of organisation here).

Comment

Hi all, i will be posting my ship on to the forum asap, just it is on anouther comp which can't connect to internet. So will post when i have that fixed.
                Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Here here basic outline of a station, I have, I will do the history and some specs, model sometime in the next couple of weeks.

The space station Name scorpion.

History

This station was built by a Gould, it built in our time around 1950. It constructed in a region which was in constant war, not only Gould fighting Gould but also several advance races, fight each other and the Gould. This station was constructed by YU to try and dominate the area of space and take it completely under his rule. After it construction a rival Gould, Baal tried take the station but fail and his fleet was completely obliterated took him year to recover, this provided YU strategic situation which he use to control much of the area around station and conquer several planets and races using the station as a staging post.

The next time this station sure combat was during the war with the replicators, although it survive it was heavily damage.

The derelict station was discover by a scout vessel from earth. The station was heavily damage. It was decided that because of earth limited intelligence on the area of space and also because the station would mean they could monitor the activities of many races and organizations that they would claim the station and operate it. The station was to damage to get working with Gould technology alone and so the station would retrofitted with a lot of earth technology, and additions made to allow Daedalus size vessels to dock and undergo extensive repairs. The station was also to be use for talks and diplomatic negotiations with other races and to trade, eventually it became a massive trading oupost, with trading going on between several different races and people.

The station specs

Passengers : up to 5000 thousand people can stay on this station at any time

Crew: 500 crewman needed to run and operate the station. Although their often far more, usually 1000 crew, this because of security of handling such a large populus, most of the crewman were for security.

Hangar Bays: The Station is equip with 6 large daedalus size vessels landing bays. The station can also handle 15 tel'tak size vessels. Also further twenty cargo vessels. And 50 fighters.

Weapons systems: The station contains 20 ha'tak cannons. The also equip 30 large rail guns. Also ten further earth base energy cannons. Also contain 30 nuclear missiles.

Power Source: Originally It had 5 ha'tak size generators to power them. Unfortunately two were completely destroyed. And the other three were still fully operational. To make up the difference the Asgard install 1 neutrino generator. Also six mark five naquada generators were installed for back ups.

Additional technologies: Their are twenty ring transporters. Four separate Asgard transporter beams. A full array of sensors. Several science labs and research areas. Also their a bar and several entertainment venues through the station. Theirs also a large market and trading areas.
                  Also a full repair facility. Also A Excalibur's class cruiser (A other vessel I am working on)will be station their constantly to provide protection and reinforcements. Their is also a Stargate on the station.

Shields: The station is equip with 3 Gould shields. These have been heavily upgraded with asguard technology, they have increase their strength by two hundred percent from the Gould shields. Each shield generator is design to protect different area of the station, to form a bubble.

Hull: A naquada trinium hull for Gould parts. A naquada/trinium\carbon hull in the humans parts/

Size:
                  Width: 1600 meters
                  Hight: 8000 meters.
                  Length: 1600 meters

Yeah so it massive the Gould like to do things big, also size increase due to humans additions. Suggestions welcome and needed, any additions and details that I mist out please tell, although I think I am basically done.

This a basic design, it will take some time to build a model , certainly will not be done by Wednesday, might start it on Saturday through, I really want to focus on my shuttle but yeah you go, only got two pair of hands,.
                  Last edited by knowles2; 13 November 2006, 09:29 AM. Reason: Forgot the shields and hull.

Comment

Indeed, i think organisaion should be paramount at this stage. When submitting designs consider the context and use of the craft above the coolness factor. The new fleet is the protection and expansion of an empire, not neccisarilly war. The space station is likely to be a hub of all the activity in a local section of the galaxy. I have actually created two designs that i want to submit.

Satalite

Spoiler:
                    Orbital Defence Satalite:

Size: 60mL 45mW 12mH
                    Crew: 0 ~ automated
                    Capacity: 30
                    Hull: Trinium/titanium alloy

Power:
                    ~2 Mark III Naquadah reactors

Engine:
                    ~14 Manouvering thrusters

Defences:
                    ~Human/asgard shield

Weapons:
                    ~1 Asgard energy canon
                    ~48 anti fighter automatic railguns (C-45mm)

Secondary craft:
                    ~2 Teltak class shuttle craft
                    ~6 remote anaylis probe's

Other facilities:
                    ~Asgard sensor array's, long range hyperspace, planetary evaluation and short range targeting systems included
                    ~Long range communication systems
                    ~Advanced Asgard/Human AI computer system
                    ~Anti replicator disruptor wave technology

History and detail:
                    The Orbital defence satalite is one of the most important steps forward in planetary defence the Terran empire developed. During the War with the Ori it encounters dozens of satalite defence's around Origin worlds. They tried to retroengineer many of the componants but failed. However the Asgard felt that developing a satalite program like the Ori would deter most threats from protected and would put less strain on the asgard fleet that generlly defended them.
                    The Orbital defence satalite was a partnership by the Asgard and the Terran space corps, the Asgard provided the weapons technology, we built and were in control of the Satalite. The satalites are fully automated, once placed in orbit around a planet, the satalite will analyse the the planet in full, mapping all defences and offencive systems. The satalite can be programed remotely or by the inhabitants of the planet. The computer will be given a list of all friendly vessels , as well as blacklist of "shoot on sight" enemy vessels. The Advanced AI systems, in combo with sensors and complex communications make the Satalite an extension of the planet's command facilitie. The planets military can override the satalite's protocol and adjust the vessles it will let pass the security it provides.
                    The Planets which are defended by these satalites are generally minor terran facilities or friendly advanced societies. Mines, research bases, offworld training camps, ship building facilites have all been given a Satalite for Defence. And while the satalites are rarely tested, they have been able to provide adequite protection. The satalite network ( several can be placed in orbit, in this case 3) around the theta site, which is one of our most important offworld facilities defended successfully against 4 Hatak class goauld ships. The satalites are able to defeat a Hatak vessel 1-1 and anything smaller but larger vessels, mainly Ori ships at the time of construction cannot be stopped, the Shields will last 1 hit but before and after thier defeat the AI automatically sent a distress beacon to everyship in the galaxy if an Ori ship is spotted for obvious reasons.
                    The Orbital defence satalite are a major defencsive boost for the terran empire, the protective power it provides allows facilties to opperate in safety and reletive comfort. The ODS can be produced reletively easily, they all use standard componants and the programming is automated and while complex they are easy to install. You just tow them to the planet and activate, and the AI will take over. For the cauious amoung you the ODS AI has no ability to fire upon the planet it is defending, even if a targetted ship lands they cannot shoot it down from orbit. Therefore using an ODS to attack civilians or military ground instalations is impossible, the base coding of the satalite includes a direct Law against it, and if someone tries to override the programming the Satatlite will slef destruct. Trying to cheat the satalite will not work, but be sure that the Satalite will work and defend most planets against most smaller threats out there.

Station

Spoiler:
                    Terran Trading Station:

Size: 800mD(in diameter) 550mH
                    Opperating Crew: 120
                    Capacity: 2000
                    Hull: Trinium/Naquadah Alloy

Power:
                    ~3 Mark IV Naquadah reactors

Engine:
                    ~24 Stabalising thrusters

Defences:
                    ~Asgard high grade force shield shield

Weapons:
                    ~8 Human Energy batteries
                    ~300 C-100 Rail guns
                    ~Phoenix Missile system

Secondary craft:
                    ~64 Fighter's (8 Squadrens)
                    ~ Variable ~

Other facilities:
                    ~Full trading facilities
                    ~Advanced beaming, resupply systems
                    ~Docking capabilities for all Terran ships
                    ~Full range of Communications and sensor systems
                    ~Medical and life support systems for several hundred people.
                    ~Stargate and DHD

History and detail:
                    The Sector Hub stations are the life blood of Terran Economy. They are the primary distrubution service for all goods that are produced by Earth and its allys, they are essentially one giant market. They service ships from all over their sector, and can ship resources or commoditties accross the known universe. They each have a stargate, which Via the Midway station and its call forwarding program meaning they are able to provide resources of every description to practically anywhere. They are the heart of our econimic survival and by the taxing of naquadah especially they fund nearly all of our independant projects. They can be used by any friendly race and its services, of every kind are all avalable for a Price.
                    Besides being one of the catalysts for an economic boom after the fall of the Ori, and therefore held in high esteem by all, they are the targets of Raids and in some cases wishfull take overs. The fact that each of the Stations hold, at any one time can hold 15% of the Galactic Produce makes the need for powerfull defences paramount. The powerfull Asgard shields, inconjunction with 3 extreamely large Naquadah power plants mean that the Station can hold defence against Almost any fleet of Warships. It has the authority to call upon any ship in our fleet to come for defence and because most large commericial trades come with armed security there is rarely ever a time when a ship isnt in the neibourhood to defend the station. In addition to mercinary ships, it has a fight detatchment of 64 fighters and a weapons battery which use the latest Miltary technology the Terrans have.
                    The Stations are litteratlly the Heart of the local sectors, providing an open market and powerful econminc benefits to any planet within range. We have a monopoly of Naquadah and trinium trade through these stations which allow us to afford and maintain our position in the galaxy. Without these stations our fleet would not have been built. Their powerfull defensive nature is secondary; thier role as trading capitol however is vital to everyone.

Last edited by immhotep; 14 November 2006, 05:10 AM.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

I don't know if it already is the time to post comments, but anyway. I really like your idea of a trading station as a sector hub immothep. But 800 meters in diameter is too small in my eyes, you should at least double that.

Comment

Funny you should say that, im trying to model the Station now and im thinking about revising the dimensions. at them moment it looks like the frizbee lol.
                        And thanks for the comments, i kinda wanted the station to be more than a defencsive structure, and a trading station made sense. SG has nevner shown us to have an economie but we would need a strong one to maintain a fleet of our size. By having the primary trading facilities in the galaxy under our control, we would not only gain support and friendship with new races in the process of trading, but we would be able to not only profit but be at the very forefront of technological progress in the MW. Which would be much more important in the long run than simply being able to defend yourself.
                        Last edited by immhotep; 13 November 2006, 09:22 AM.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

ello, i was wondering if anyone has given any thought to the Aschen fleet? i've had a few thoughts myself but i was just wondering if anyone else had anything in mind...

the stations all look good, it's going to be a tough call...
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Yeah, I have actually been looking for screen caps of their harvesters, it will probably take the hull design of that, I have been considering weapons for their vessels. I cam up with ion energy weapon design. Also for bombarding planets we know they use biological/ chemical weapons and so my ship will be quip with spherical weapons, like our missiles but capable of bombarding planets,. Smaller versions of this weapons for ship to ship weapons. Also been consider some sough of fighter base on sphere design. So yeah for the aschen ships here some basic designs ideas.
                            Last edited by knowles2; 13 November 2006, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              Yeah, I have actually been looking for screen caps of their harvesters, it will probably take the hull design of that, I have been considering weapons for their vessels. I cam up with ion energy weapon design. Also for bombarding planets we know they use biological/ chemical weapons and so my ship will be quip with spherical weapons, like our missiles but capable of bombarding planets,. Smaller versions of this weapons for ship to ship weapons. Also been consider some sough of fighter base on sphere design. So yeah for the aschen ships here some basic designs ideas.
                              cool, i'm modeling a ship write now, though i think that the ships shouldn't be too similar to the harvesters...my ideas for weapons were large ion canons, smaller pulse weapons and bio weapons for orbital bombardment deployed in missiles or in a kind of pulse...

the ship classes i thought of were,

warship - main warship heavily armer match for an upgraded hive, which is what i'm modeling though obviously it doesn't have to be used

destroyer - small ship large in number

battleship - Large warship heavily armed

Dreadnaught - Relatively few in number incredably well armed, though not a match for a superhive

thoughts?
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Yeah i was thinking earlier that if you are not submitted designs for the Terran fleet we will need ones for the Aschen. I was also thinking about the fact that Aschen dont hav any allies, and i was thinking that the Grace alien's and maybe the Lucian allience could be the three tiers of the "Others" Grace being the Asgard, Aschen being us, Lucian allience obviously the Jaffa's counterparts.
                                I think the Aschen should only have one or two classes for war, which are really powerfull but then alot of smaller vessells which are used for skirmishes and general movement around the galaxy.

PS:
                                Heres a really rough model of the station: its changed dimensions...
                                Spoiler:
                                Last edited by immhotep; 13 November 2006, 11:21 AM.
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X