Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    In 2068 while exploring the Cygnus galaxy, the Reynolds, a Pioneer class Tauri ship, encountered a race of hunters. Their territory is the space between the Ida galaxy and the Milky Way. Their race is secretive so they never interact with other races.
    They are a single minded race only worrying about trophies from their hunt. Bones and skin, signifying their most honorable kills while on the hunt, are riddled around their trophy rooms. Having millions of years to evolve as the main predatory race, they developed technology mainly for hunting lower races in space. After many generations in space, they forgot the location of their home world. So they became a nomadic race, moving from sector to sector hunting, studying, training and preparing for the next hunt. Although they inhabit the huge area of space they do not rule it, instead they scour the endless reaches of space hunting other advanced races for sport and pleasure. They are more of a wild band of tribes in space, moving randomly to different sectors, hunting when their interests are focused on a race. Other races in their domain have developed technology to hide from the xxx or just stay primitive to stay off their target lists. Nearly all xxx technological development has evolved around the improvement of the hunt. Because of this, they have no hyperspace capable ships. They rely on cloaks and high maneuverability ships.

The xxx species is divided into sects who control territories that are hunting zones. Some are more powerful than others but war between the groups are rare and in extreme cases when a hunt calls for it several sects may band together to take down a powerful prey. There are 4 sects, spreading out in a square formation, covering a vast amount of space, but not too far away where their allies can come to aid them in the hunt.

The xxx are a humanoid race with the average male standing above 6'4. They are covered in bony protrusions and have a dense muscle structure giving them great strength and resilience. Nearly all males are expected to hunt, so they are trained at birth to hunt. The bigger and more impressive the kill the more status it grants in their society. They wear protective armor against energy blasts, but also protective against melee weapons. Their small arms weapons are for instant kills, so they can quickly take their prize and head out for another trophy.

Most ships in their domain know not to travel alone, for they may be targeted by the xxx and their bones be hung in their trophy rooms, as the Reynolds suffered in the small skirmish with the xxx in their first voyage to the Cygnus galaxy.
    Their ships resemble hunter animals from their home world long forgotten but still told in stories. They are heavily armed designed to take down opponents many times their size. Their attack patterns focus on crippling a ship so they can board their prey and take their prizes, which usually consist of the captain’s head.

The technological revelation which propelled their race into space all those thousands of years ago was the invention of a matter anti matter reactor. This technology is still at the base of their technology powering their ships and civilization. Their standard ship the Predator class (Tau'ri designation) has a wingspan of approximately 500 meters and is about 270 meters long. It is armed with Ion cannons which have proven to be effective against Asgard shielding as well as a focused matter anti-matter canon which focuses the energy from a large anti matter reactor into a bolt of energy. It has grappling hooks attached for when a ship is disabled; it attaches the hooks and reels in its prey. It has several shield draining tractor beam emitters. Perhaps its greatest asset is the cloaking shield emitter. Both a cloak and a shield, this lets the xxx close to point blank range when stalking opponents without leaving itself vulnerable. It can also fire when cloaked. This technology does have its disadvantages, the cloak is not as effective as a standard cloak when disguising it from the naked eye, which means when cloaked the ship looks like a shimmering distortion though it is still difficult to detect with sensors. The shield also only operates at 20% efficiency while cloaked and the cloak can be destabilized by a few powerful direct hits.

I think a new name might work for these guys.

Something that should stick in your minds, and say "whoa that sounds like a scary race", like "Wraith" sticks.

maybe Cazadorians?

Its based off cazador, which is spanish for hunter.

Let me know what you think of the changes.
    Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
      Spoiler:
      In 2068 while exploring the Cygnus galaxy, the Reynolds, a Pioneer class Tauri ship, encountered a race of hunters. Their territory is the space between the Ida galaxy and the Milky Way. Their race is secretive so they never interact with other races.
      They are a single minded race only worrying about trophies from their hunt. Bones and skin, signifying their most honorable kills while on the hunt, are riddled around their trophy rooms. Having millions of years to evolve as the main predatory race, they developed technology mainly for hunting lower races in space. After many generations in space, they forgot the location of their home world. So they became a nomadic race, moving from sector to sector hunting, studying, training and preparing for the next hunt. Although they inhabit the huge area of space they do not rule it, instead they scour the endless reaches of space hunting other advanced races for sport and pleasure. They are more of a wild band of tribes in space, moving randomly to different sectors, hunting when their interests are focused on a race. Other races in their domain have developed technology to hide from the xxx or just stay primitive to stay off their target lists. Nearly all xxx technological development has evolved around the improvement of the hunt. Because of this, they have no hyperspace capable ships. They rely on cloaks and high maneuverability ships.

The xxx species is divided into sects who control territories that are hunting zones. Some are more powerful than others but war between the groups are rare and in extreme cases when a hunt calls for it several sects may band together to take down a powerful prey. There are 4 sects, spreading out in a square formation, covering a vast amount of space, but not too far away where their allies can come to aid them in the hunt.

The xxx are a humanoid race with the average male standing above 6'4. They are covered in bony protrusions and have a dense muscle structure giving them great strength and resilience. Nearly all males are expected to hunt, so they are trained at birth to hunt. The bigger and more impressive the kill the more status it grants in their society. They wear protective armor against energy blasts, but also protective against melee weapons. Their small arms weapons are for instant kills, so they can quickly take their prize and head out for another trophy.

Most ships in their domain know not to travel alone, for they may be targeted by the xxx and their bones be hung in their trophy rooms, as the Reynolds suffered in the small skirmish with the xxx in their first voyage to the Cygnus galaxy.
      Their ships resemble hunter animals from their home world long forgotten but still told in stories. They are heavily armed designed to take down opponents many times their size. Their attack patterns focus on crippling a ship so they can board their prey and take their prizes, which usually consist of the captain’s head.

The technological revelation which propelled their race into space all those thousands of years ago was the invention of a matter anti matter reactor. This technology is still at the base of their technology powering their ships and civilization. Their standard ship the Predator class (Tau'ri designation) has a wingspan of approximately 500 meters and is about 270 meters long. It is armed with Ion cannons which have proven to be effective against Asgard shielding as well as a focused matter anti-matter canon which focuses the energy from a large anti matter reactor into a bolt of energy. It has grappling hooks attached for when a ship is disabled; it attaches the hooks and reels in its prey. It has several shield draining tractor beam emitters. Perhaps its greatest asset is the cloaking shield emitter. Both a cloak and a shield, this lets the xxx close to point blank range when stalking opponents without leaving itself vulnerable. It can also fire when cloaked. This technology does have its disadvantages, the cloak is not as effective as a standard cloak when disguising it from the naked eye, which means when cloaked the ship looks like a shimmering distortion though it is still difficult to detect with sensors. The shield also only operates at 20% efficiency while cloaked and the cloak can be destabilized by a few powerful direct hits.

I think a new name might work for these guys.

Something that should stick in your minds, and say "whoa that sounds like a scary race", like "Wraith" sticks.

maybe Cazadorians?

Its based off cazador, which is spanish for hunter.

Let me know what you think of the changes.

Ok they need to have hyperspace capable ships for starters. I want to keep the part where it mentions races powerful enough to repel them. Another thing is that i want there to be starbases dotted around operation as hubs and bases for the different sects or tribes but generally i like it.
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Also between Ida and the MW is too close, Considering that these ships will only start deploying beacons when they are out of this galactic cluster, which includes Pegasus, Ida, Andromeda, the Mw and the titan galaxy. once they are about 3months out, at maximum hyperdrive speed, then they will start. It takes out hyperdrives about 9 weeks to go all the way from Earth, through Pegasus, through Ida and through Andromeda. Once they get out of reach of Andromeda they will start. So if they were discovered in 2068, thats 4 years of hyperspace travel since they launched. Along way, if the XXX are going to be a part of the fleet they will need some seriously powerful hyperdrive to be able to get back to our region of space and interfere in the time space of the 3.0 fleet..

The Deadalus with ZPM travels at 520.8 light years per minute
        Normal Deadalus is 115 light years per minute.
        are are 525,600 minutres in a year. So after 4 years they would be this distance away:
        The XXX would be found 2,41,776,000Ly away from earth even at Todays hyperdrive speed. At the current Maximum with ZPM it could be as far out as 1,093,518,400Ly away.

Given that the MW is 100,000 Ly wide, it would be nearly 1000 galaxies away. The Pioneers are going to be travelling so far from home it would be absurd to think of them as nothing but the ultimate explorers.

#Wow doing the maths and looking around: It would take 1 months at the Maximum speeds (ZPM'd) to reach the next galactic cluster, the draco group. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...percluster.jpg with two extra pointers this would be the map i would base the web on the expanded universe on.
        Our galactic cluster is a drop in the Ocean. With 4 year they would be 10.3 Sectillion km away from Earth, 10^21. Its off the distance scales i have found.
        Last edited by immhotep; 30 May 2007, 10:20 AM.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
          Also between Ida and the MW is too close, Considering that these ships will only start deploying beacons when they are out of this galactic cluster, which includes Pegasus, Ida, Andromeda, the Mw and the titan galaxy. once they are about 3months out, at maximum hyperdrive speed, then they will start. It takes out hyperdrives about 9 weeks to go all the way from Earth, through Pegasus, through Ida and through Andromeda. Once they get out of reach of Andromeda they will start. So if they were discovered in 2068, thats 4 years of hyperspace travel since they launched. Along way, if the XXX are going to be a part of the fleet they will need some seriously powerful hyperdrive to be able to get back to our region of space and interfere in the time space of the 3.0 fleet..

I think people have said its 240light years from Pegasus to Earth. which means our ships can go something like 400x the speed of light in hyperspace. So 4 years out in real space could be in to the tens of thousands of light years away.
          pegasus to earth is about 3 million light years
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I think it would be better to have them with either really weak hyperspace or none at all. For that I mean, they are a hunter race. They only hunt, not explore so they are single minded meaning they don't really care about certain types of technologies and races. They have no remorse for hunting sentient beings.
            Visit my Website

Comment

ive revised the figured buba, also i realy want these in the flet because they are cool, so im going to say that they do have hypedrives nad really good ones at that, so they can be involved. Even if you revised the time they were discovered they would still need at or above asgard level hyperdrives to be in the fleet.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                I think it would be better to have them with either really weak hyperspace or none at all. For that I mean, they are a hunter race. They only hunt, not explore so they are single minded meaning they don't really care about certain types of technologies and races. They have no remorse for hunting sentient beings.
                They'd need to have hyperdrive to catch prey...

I agree with immhotep to be involved they need to be able to leave the galaxy. I say their hyperdrives are about 70% the speed of Asgard ones

Comment

So about 100ly per minute. 1.4C in hyperspace...
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                    Oh and i designed a new transport or w/e you want to call it vessel
                    Spoiler:

u like?
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Anubis Uber'hak
                      Spoiler:

Daedalus Class Two (on top)
                      Spoiler:
                      Last edited by boberth2o; 30 May 2007, 11:44 AM.
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

dowe ahve a model of the Daedy 2?because it could be dyllians first project
                        Originally posted by cowpants
                        ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        Rosilin for pres

Comment

Originally posted by Boxytheboxed View Post
                          dowe ahve a model of the Daedy 2?because it could be dyllians first project
                          i dont believe so

oh hey who many green points is it to get another green bar on rep?
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                            i dont believe so

oh hey who many green points is it to get another green bar on rep?

Comment

No we dont, good idea boxy. Oh and if were posting models heres the link to the Pioneer model, untextured on the warehouse:
                              http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...fd43b327808a18
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Ok how are we going to fit the Raven (as they'll continue to be called until a better name is found) into the fleet universe?

Comment

Working...
                                X