No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it alot, its origional, and pretty good well done.

PS i wrote a post abotu 2 hours ago that was deleted, i cant remember who it was in reply too but if you need the question answered again i will
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post

PS i wrote a post abotu 2 hours ago that was deleted, i cant remember who it was in reply too but if you need the question answered again i will
      Yeah same here the last two hours was deleted

Anyway, we need to concentrate on the fighter at the moment and nothing else. Once we have the tau'ri fleet organised then we can move onto other things. Until then lets just get the fleet done, makes it alot less confusing.
      Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Yeah I really need people to post designs, i really dont want to have top ost my own...
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

T'was me, , i asked what ship classes have been listed, which ones have been decided on and which ones have yet to be designed and voted on
          Arthur: O Knights of Ni. We have brought you your shrubbery. May we go now?
          Knight of Ni: Yes, it is a good shrubbery. I like the laurels particularly. But there is one small problem....
          Arthur: What is that?
          Knight of Ni: We are now no longer the Knights Who Say "Ni"!
          Other Knights of Ni: Ni! Shh! Shh!
          Knight of Ni: We are now the Knights who say "Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringmm".
          Other Knight of Ni: Ni!
          Knight of Ni: Therefore, we must give you a test.
          Arthur: What is this test, O Knights of..... Knights who 'til recently said "Ni"?
          Knight of Ni: Firstly, you must find.... ANOTHER SHRUBBERY!!!

Comment

AH yes..

Military:

Battleship
            battlecruiser
            battlecarrier
            carrier
            destroyer
            gunship
            frigate
            fighters

civilian:
            Cargo ship/ Supply ship
            Freighter cruiser ~ Hermes Class by Immhotep
            Corvette
            Other (will add if needed)

Mixed:
            Armed Cruiser ~ Pegasus class by buba Uognarf
            Space station ~ Sector hub trading station by Immhotep
            Dropship ~ ATS By Immhotep
            Dropship Carrier ~ Atlantis class by Immhotep

i feel so bad, i dont know wheather to be happy ive won so many or asshamed, this is the reason that im not putting myself in for any other class. am i good at designing ships or are other people not submitting?i hate thistype of situation, do i feel good about myself that im good or do i say nothing in case i offend others..>_>
            sigpic
            11000! green me

Comment

Ok here is the fianl draft of the Whirlwind. It is now finsihed and ready for the fleet.

Name: Whirlwind

Type: Two seated Strike Fighter

Technology base: Tau’ri/Asgard

Operators: Two human operators

Naval Classification: Fs-108

Hull: A single 10cm inch hull made of an ablative Naquada/Trinium/Titanium alloy

Decks: Single cockpit, with raised section at back.

Dimensions:
              >> Beam: 15m
              >> Length: 10m

Crew: Single pilot and a single gunner

Power plant: A single Mark III Naquada Generator

Engines:
              >> Two Improved Asgard Ion Sublight Engines, utilising a Naquadria injection system.
              >> Anti-Gravity engines

Armament/Weapons:.
              >> One 25mm rail-gun, mounted on nose of fighter controlled by pilot
              >> Two repeating energy weapons, mounted on wings of ship (rotational), controlled by gunner
              >> A payload of modified AIM-240 AMRAAM missiles, controlled by gunner.
              >> Capable of carrying a small number of Naquada enhanced bombs

Defences:
              >> Ablative Armour

Other Technology:
              >> Improved computer interface, using holographic imaging etc
              >> Inertial Dampeners
              >> Magnetic clamps
              >> Small cloaking device (designed by Asgard)

Technical and Historical Notes:
              The Fs-108 is the first of a new age of fighter, designed for speed and agility utilising a cloaking device for surprise tactics.
              The Fs-108 was designed during the fight with the Ori to help eliminate the threat posed by the Ori fighters. It was designed with a new faster Ion engine, initiating a faster speed and tighter handling. It was enhanced by injecting Naquadria into the generators which along with the Naquada Reactors caused an unstable amount of energy, which when properly contained using inertial dampeners creates a much faster propulsion.
              The fighter could easily out manoeuvre any fighter previously produced, allowing a much better potential. When the cloak is initiated the ship can easily fly undetected, and if the cloak should fail, the Fs-108 can easily out manoeuvre any point defence weapons.

As a strike fighter a squadron would activate a cloak and flank enemy fighter from behind, firing once in position causing a chaotic situation for the enemy.

There is only one flaw with the Fs-108 which is the firing mechanism affecting the Cloak matrix. When firing the weapons apart from the rockets, the cloak tends to fail due to fluctuations in the matrix. This was overcome by creating an automated cloaking system, which activates the cloak almost instantly after a lapse in fighter fire, allowing the fighter to disappear once the enemy has been destroyed.

Comment

AH yes..

Military:

Battleship
                battlecruiser
                battlecarrier
                carrier
                destroyer
                gunship
                frigate
                fighters

civilian:
                Cargo ship/ Supply ship
                Freighter cruiser ~ Hermes Class by Immhotep
                Corvette
                Other (will add if needed)

Mixed:
                Armed Cruiser ~ Pegasus class by buba Uognarf
                Space station ~ Sector hub trading station by Immhotep
                Dropship ~ ATS By Immhotep
                Dropship Carrier ~ Atlantis class by Immhotep

i feel so bad, i dont know wheather to be happy ive won so many or asshamed, this is the reason that im not putting myself in for any other class. am i good at designing ships or are other people not submitting?i hate thistype of situation, do i feel good about myself that im good or do i say nothing in case i offend others..>_>
                we still have the bulk of the fleet to do, and most people seem to find it easier to design larger ships.

Comment

Very nice F_A, thats the kind of design im looking for, so far thats the one im voting for..

Btw if anyone doesnt want to submit ships but can do other things, like models, or is any good in photoshop then i would like to talk still. I know Zake wants to be involved with the fleet both model and storyline wise. What i would really love is some kind of sig or Banner to go along with the thread, either one, FA i love yours, i would like one that does the same split link thing but i dont have the skills..maybe someone would be able to help out
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_arbiter View Post
                    Ok here is the fianl draft of the Whirlwind. It is now finsihed and ready for the fleet.
                    great ship ,well done

and immhotep your ships won because they're good, you're just lucky you never had to go up against me lol just joking...but if you want more designs why don't you post a formal request in the OSDT? might help though i'm sure they've already seen this thread they may be waiting for an invitation...

and in a little while (my next post i will post the specs of the Wandering wolf and a little history) and after that the Swarm history...
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

invitation sent..and thanks for the compliment your right im lucky i might just have to submit something for the flagship, but i hope i dont win that class cos i felt bad having my ship flagship last time..
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

Very nice F_A, thats the kind of design im looking for, so far thats the one im voting for..

Btw if anyone doesnt want to submit ships but can do other things, like models, or is any good in photoshop then i would like to talk still. I know Zake wants to be involved with the fleet both model and storyline wise. What i would really love is some kind of sig or Banner to go along with the thread, either one, FA i love yours, i would like one that does the same split link thing but i dont have the skills..maybe someone would be able to help out
                        Imm if you want a sig or banner, find me some images and PM me the links for them, and describe the kind of look you want and i will happily halp out.

Thanks for all the comments about the fighter.

Comment

Right fighters. This will be my 2 second to last post hopefully. I did my best at designing a radically new fighter concept.

Designation – Deep space unmanned combat vehicle (Ds-UCAV)

Length – 10m
                          Wingspan – 6m (3 when folded)
                          Height – 2m

Propulsion – 1 single Pratt-Whitney ion engine, 6 gas thrusters in nose
                          Crew – N/A, 1 smart computer

Armour – 10mm titanium

Weapons – 1 30mm railgun, up to 4 amramm sized missiles/ 4 500lb bombs in bomb bay

Other tech – inertial dampeners, laser designator, Foxtrot radar, Flir

History
                          The Ds-UCAV came about due to a re-think in the TSC’s defence policy in 2020. Although the Wraith Wars put the project on hold for over 15 years, in 2038 the first prototype was flown. Designers called upon over 50 years of Unmanned Airborne vehicle design experience to form the Ds-UCAV. Using the same engines, inertial dampeners and weapons from existing fighters and marrying it with a very high speed computer core formed a very powerful fighter. The computer was designed from existing projects and back-wards building an Ancient smart artificial intelligence.
                          The Ds-UCAV could fit through Stargates and didn’t need a pilot. Therefore a carrier could carry almost 3 times the Number of Ds-UCAVs than it could fighters, due to its small size and folding wing.
                          Standard operating procedure requires a single operator to be in control of a single squadron (12 fighters). This operator can be aboard a modified dropship or 2 seat fighter or most likely onboard the mother carrier in a control suite. The Ds-UCAVs are used to break up enemy fighter formations before the bigger and more heavily armed manned ships go into combat. The Ds-UCAV also has a scramble time a third of standard fighter’s . Thus these drones are normally used for the fleets alert fighters and for emergency CAPs . The craft can also fit through stargates and therefore is used by surface bases to reinforce ground operations. The craft are extensively used it the Pegusus galaxy.

Comment

Not bad..I would say that that i the second best gate fighter ive seen, the R-63 by cooky was always amazing, i will see if i can find that and nominate it. but i like yours alot
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

thanks . but i have to say the R-63 and the pictures were pretty awesome. Oh and i think your missing one class from the class list The military Re-Plen ship, I.E. the Fort class.
                              No offense ment lol

Comment

We'll see...
                                Im going to nominate the R-63 for the fleet btw:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1348

theres the design, the history might meet adapting somewhat..
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X