No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh i was wondering, you all know about arthurs mantle, the phase cloak things and all the stuff from road not taken and line in the sand. What abotu the technology in the fleet, i personally dont think we should use it, because it would make us too powerful but i just wanted to see how we were going to make that technology either non existant or if we were going to use it..
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
      Swarm cruiser :

Spoiler:

cool ship mate! you nail these swarm ships everytime lol well down...there may be a few more ships for you too create in the future but feel free to just make ships as you think of them

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
      No i dont know how much a ZPM produces, but your right its alot. A Ion Generator from the Asgard can produce approxemately the same amount of Energy as a ZPM. Becuase an Asgard journey to pegasus is the same as our ships with a ZPM. Now a NIG produced 3 trillion watts of electricity, well it would have if they had let the video oncintues, it got to "threee trillion of your Earth..." so we can assume thats a rouge approsemation. Now we dont have an exactl figure for naquadah generators but considering the first one is a Fusion reactor which can pump out more energy than any plant on Earth then i would be somewhere in the 1-10 TerraWatt range, IMO.
      So if we say a conventional mark I naquadah reactor can pump out 10 Terrawatts of energy. Then its later marks, in this case the mark 8. Let me give breif to the mark 8, its the most powerful energy source that has been created since asgard generators, it has 8 massive fusion cores, which are each 10000x the size of our mark 1 naqudah reactors in both physical size and what they generate. Plus our technology is so advanced in this field that we have ways of bosoting the extracted energy from naquadah. The Mark 8 can produce hundreds of pettrawatts as just part of its daily routine, the beam cannons are 1 petrawatt in "calibre" so that generator is capable of doing something that massive, and 60% of a ZPM is about 1200petrawatts...it might be able to crate that much energy...i might knock it down to 30%. But it can produce increadible amounts of energy, enough to run a half ancient and half asgard city in the pegasus galaxy. But we also had a ZPM in the city as backup or secondary power...
      Ok i'm just going to say that just because the Z.P.M and the Asgard generators allow a ship to travel at the same speed doesn't mean they're equal there's only so much something can be 'turbo charged'...it's possible and quite likely imo that the asgard hypedrive simply can't go any faster no matter what powers it....Z.P.Ms hold enough power to at the very least obliterate a planet thats Zetatons worth of power to be able to build even on the same scale as that it just not believable imo...30% is better but still far too much power imo, Z.P.Ms can last days under Wraith assualt there's no way we should have a powersource like that though obviously some of that is due to the advanced shields....
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Oh i was wondering, you all know about arthurs mantle, the phase cloak things and all the stuff from road not taken and line in the sand. What abotu the technology in the fleet, i personally dont think we should use it, because it would make us too powerful but i just wanted to see how we were going to make that technology either non existant or if we were going to use it..
        destroyed in the Wraith attack? say it was in area 51 at the time and they were attempting to use it to protect earth but the wraith got there first and destroyed it
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

See this is where our differences lie, i beleive ancient hyperdrives are less advanced than Asgard ones and that a ZPM can only push Asgard hyperdrives to the limit of 4 days and no more..We know the Asgard hyperdrives have the speed of traversing galaxies in minutes...and there is no Ancient ship we have ever known that can do that...Yes the ZPM has massvie amounts of energy but i dont see why that energy can be created in some other way. Its just a comparison of energy sources, i dont think we should underestimate the Naquadah generator just because we have seen an even more powerfull power source out there..
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          11000! green me

Comment

See this is where our differences lie, i beleive ancient hyperdrives are less advanced than Asgard ones and that a ZPM can only push Asgard hyperdrives to the limit of 4 days and no more..We know the Asgard hyperdrives have the speed of traversing galaxies in minutes...and there is no Ancient ship we have ever known that can do that...Yes the ZPM has massvie amounts of energy but i dont see why that energy can be created in some other way. Its just a comparison of energy sources, i dont think we should underestimate the Naquadah generator just because we have seen an even more powerfull power source out there..
            i'm not saying ancient hyperdrives are better than asgard ones i'm just sayin that ancient power sources are more power and are being under estimated...the few minutes has changed as the seasons have gone on an Oneill can travel from earth to atlantis in 4 days...mate i'm not trying to patronise you but seriously creating the any where near the amount of power a Z.P.M holds with naquadah is just absurd imho....Naquadah generators have limits as do all things and they just can't compare with Z.P.M's imo...

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
              cool ship mate! you nail these swarm ships everytime lol well down...there may be a few more ships for you too create in the future but feel free to just make ships as you think of them

Ok i'm just going to say that just because the Z.P.M and the Asgard generators allow a ship to travel at the same speed doesn't mean they're equal there's only so much something can be 'turbo charged'...it's possible and quite likely imo that the asgard hypedrive simply can't go any faster no matter what powers it....Z.P.Ms hold enough power to at the very least obliterate a planet thats Zetatons worth of power to be able to build even on the same scale as that it just not believable imo...30% is better but still far too much power imo, Z.P.Ms can last days under Wraith assualt there's no way we should have a powersource like that though obviously some of that is due to the advanced shields....
              From what I can tell a ZPM has a maximum output of 3.5 terrawatts. But that's probably totally wrong and I'll probably edit it out of this post later. >>

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
                From what I can tell a ZPM has a maximum output of 3.5 terrawatts. But that's probably totally wrong and I'll probably edit it out of this post later. >>
                where'd you get that number from?

Comment

hey, just thought i would say that this is such a cool idea and you guys have made some real cool designs... i liked the Storm carrier loads since it reminded me of a mix between asgard and tau'ri ships, shame it was too powerful because it was such a good model

just gotta ask if you can change the first post to include links to all the classes of ship that you've already voted on (or place-holders for those in production) so i don't have to go trawling through all those posts looking for them

cheers,
                  GMM (First post! )

Gateworld RPG

One morning, a Wraith hatches a brilliant plan and takes over the O'Neill after consuming some lemon chicken. - The Stargate Plot Generator

Comment

Originally posted by -)GMM(- View Post
                    hey, just thought i would say that this is such a cool idea and you guys have made some real cool designs... i liked the Storm carrier loads since it reminded me of a mix between asgard and tau'ri ships, shame it was too powerful because it was such a good model

just gotta ask if you can change the first post to include links to all the classes of ship that you've already voted on (or place-holders for those in production) so i don't have to go trawling through all those posts looking for them

cheers,
                    GMM (First post! )
                    cheers! i think we're all really proud of the fleet, it would be great for you to get involved in any way you can

Comment

where'd you get that number from?
                      xD Nevermind. That was totally wrong. There's a good estimate in the Earth Power Requirements thread though.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
                        xD Nevermind. That was totally wrong. There's a good estimate in the Earth Power Requirements thread though.
                        ok, i can't be bothered to look for it in another thread would you mind posting the estimate?

Comment

Originally posted by -)GMM(- View Post

cheers,
                          GMM (First post! )
                          Once we have all the ships voted in, im going to edit the first post in this thread in to a larger post including links to all the models and specs etc, and some of the key backstory posts if i can find them
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

Why can't we just use

Spoiler:
                            that arcturus thing from Road Not Taken for power? We should have been able to make our own now that we know the basics of what that one did

Comment

cheers! i think we're all really proud of the fleet, it would be great for you to get involved in any way you can
                              i would love to help but i can't really think of any ships and i don't really understand the system for stats etc... but i do kind of have an idea for a bunch more ships if you wanna hear it, but it is basically adding a bunch of irrelivent ships for the sake of story

Once we have all the ships voted in, im going to edit the first post in this thread in to a larger post including links to all the models and specs etc, and some of the key backstory posts if i can find them
                              that's good to know... i got to about page 40 and got bored of looking for ships so skipped through a few pages there are some real kickass looking ships

GMM

Gateworld RPG

One morning, a Wraith hatches a brilliant plan and takes over the O'Neill after consuming some lemon chicken. - The Stargate Plot Generator

Comment

Is lines in the sand a new episode, because I won't be able to see any new ones untill april 4th (darn SCI-FI). 60% of a ZPM is still enough to destroy a planet. 30% will destroy half a planet.

Knowles, those are really detailed guns you have there. They are awsome. The claymation was weird
                                Quacks

Comment

Working...
                                X