Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just posted it with a labels for future reference...i was bored
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

You pointed the command center on a cannon station btw Immho

Comment

That large fin must be some kind of command tower.. although it doesnt have a window (yet )
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

I'm glad the voting hasn't closed in my apsents, but I will hold off from voting until i see the new model from knowls
          Quacks

Comment

the model it nearly complete just doing the finer details now and the all important guns and then I attempt to texture it. Should be out late tonight or tomorrow evening at the latest.

sorry for the delays. but I will stay I am liking where it is going.

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
              You pointed the command center on a cannon station btw Immho
              That's what I was referring to.

Comment

I was pointing to the general area where the hanger and main commadn centre was, their is an offshoot arrow that points to the tertiary hanger which is mentioned in the text.
                This i just my imtepretation of the model however.
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

When was Earth destroyed? And if you don't want to go into detail point me to the posts that explain it.

Comment

It wasnt destroyed perse, it was attacked by the wraith during the last major battle for pegasus, a rouge general of the wraith led an armarda to earth and besieged the entire planet for days, wiping out hundreds of million of people and most of the major cities on the globe before a massive fleet from pegasus, basicly our entire fleet from both Pegasus, the Mw and 30% of the asgard fleet defeated the wraith. Our fleet was basicly wiped out and this fleet is about the rebirth of our civilzation, the fallout of that fateful day when earth lost more than any time in entire history of our species.
                    Look for the "battle for Earth" in the last Gw fleet for the account of battle
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Oh, I assumed that you meant that the Earth had literally been destroyed, I've read that battle already.

Comment

No but it might have well have been, its a functional planet but the conventional "earth" doesnt really exist at the moment. This fleet is based around dozens of offworld colonies existing independant of earth while they are rebuilding, and building a fleet on earth is actually one of the only things happening on the planet, we now have huge areas of land to open up automated ship building facilities, we have the technology and experience with beaming technology to simply put a ship factory anywhere on the planet, the offworld bases are what supply the resources. These construction facilities are also being used to prefabricate many hundreds of buildings using advanced construction technology given to us by the asgard, in order to rebuild weve basicly programmed all of our ship yard to produce advanced buildings and ships which will then be used to place those building via beaming technology all over the globe. the construction tech need natural resources to process in to whatever it has been programmed to build.
                        Basicly our fleet is being rebuild by the same technology and facilities that created the one that was destroyed, although now its not just building ships, its rebuilding our planet piece by piece as well. We owe alot to the asgard, they provided us with advanced ship yards for our last fleet, now they gave us the same technology to rebuild a planet. However there are limitation, for example these shipyard cannot manufacure massive structures, so at least some of our ships, basicly anything larger than the Challenger are being manufactured in pegasus, at least until we can build larger facilities. but at the moment we have bigger things to worry about, like the planning of how our new planet is going to be...which is why all the nations colonies and other colonies of earth are being roped in. I just mentioned this now, if people dont like this it can change.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Has anyone not read that battle....i'm quite proud that that battle laid the foundations of this new fleet and a new generation of virtual fleet

if anyone hasn't read it let me know an i can find a link to the extended version i wrote...
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Do you guys still want the Carter to be twice it's previous size? Because in that case it will be able to house a good deal of the capitol ships of the fleet, depending on their size.
                            Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 29 January 2007, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                              No but it might have well have been, its a functional planet but the conventional "earth" doesnt really exist at the moment. This fleet is based around dozens of offworld colonies existing independant of earth while they are rebuilding, and building a fleet on earth is actually one of the only things happening on the planet, we now have huge areas of land to open up automated ship building facilities, we have the technology and experience with beaming technology to simply put a ship factory anywhere on the planet, the offworld bases are what supply the resources. These construction facilities are also being used to prefabricate many hundreds of buildings using advanced construction technology given to us by the asgard, in order to rebuild weve basicly programmed all of our ship yard to produce advanced buildings and ships which will then be used to place those building via beaming technology all over the globe. the construction tech need natural resources to process in to whatever it has been programmed to build.
                              Basicly our fleet is being rebuild by the same technology and facilities that created the one that was destroyed, although now its not just building ships, its rebuilding our planet piece by piece as well. We owe alot to the asgard, they provided us with advanced ship yards for our last fleet, now they gave us the same technology to rebuild a planet. However there are limitation, for example these shipyard cannot manufacure massive structures, so at least some of our ships, basicly anything larger than the Challenger are being manufactured in pegasus, at least until we can build larger facilities. but at the moment we have bigger things to worry about, like the planning of how our new planet is going to be...which is why all the nations colonies and other colonies of earth are being roped in. I just mentioned this now, if people dont like this it can change.
                              I love this, in fact I was thinking that I might even write up reconstruction plan for earth it basic stages and so fourth, and future plans for and its construction facilities.

Do no if anyone be interesting in me attempting such a thing.

I

I will have the ship up tomorrow, with a very basic texturing done to it also a short animations of it firing cannons, I might attempt that, as I been playing around with particles effects in the past few weeks,might well put my new found knowlege to the test.

might also post a couple of things two, not to do with the thread, but to explain why it taken me so long to release the model.

so looked forward to my post tomorrow.

Comment

That would be amaziing if you could do that, it would be a big help! I can help you out with extra details if needed

Also if you can do animations and particle effects eg cannons shooting then im very impressed. If your ship isnt voted in then would you do animations for other ships or later on? Im still hoping to at some point get a mini animated battle as if it were almost in the show. Host it on Youtube or something It would be amazing and its the one thing we never got round to doing in the last fleet.

BTW would anyone think it be a good idea if we or i created a Stargatesg1 community site account for the gateworld fleets, introucing it and maybe links to model + media and videos once we get them...
                                Last edited by immhotep; 29 January 2007, 06:30 AM.
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X