No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for my history of my ship what races are in the alliance, how long has the alliance been completed and when, how many years of peace have we had etc
    sigpic

Plz give me rep

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
      I think the Coil guns are cool. But i could have less of them, 8 instead of 18. I do want more Energy weapons than "projectiles" but the coil guns are kinda part of the evolution of our technology, so i wanted to keep them in. Did you like the model. however cool it looks, i does still feel like something we would build, i could see something like that in stargate. It looks impressive and powerfull yet kinda stargatey..
      Why don't you just give it the same coil guns as on my Pegasus? it would be keeping with canon as it would be using already established weapons and it would still be very powerful
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

oh mines called pegasus now i have to think of a new name =(
        sigpic

Plz give me rep

Comment

Originally posted by decy_4_ever View Post
          oh mines called pegasus now i have to think of a new name =(
          lol, sorry...but i got there first
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by decy_4_ever View Post
            for my history of my ship what races are in the alliance, how long has the alliance been completed and when, how many years of peace have we had etc
            We have not any peace and quite well since we first left our little corner of the galaxy.

We just been virtually annihilated by the wraith. Now we got the aschen, then grace aliens, the spawn and what ever else our evil imaginations can come up with. Really I think we need to give earth a break someday, if not for our sake then for the bad guys, at the rate we getting through them their will not be any left in a couple hundreds in universe that is.

The alliance at the moment is

Ancients
            Asgard
            Nox
            Furlings?
            Hyberians
            Jaffa Nation
            Tauri
            And probably hundreds of other world who less technological advance than us and may not even know they are in the alliance.

With the asgard a good forty years now. hyberians I suppose a 35 odd year somthing like that. And Jaffa nations about the same. The rest I do not know.
            Last edited by knowles2; 28 January 2007, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Just one last image of Gaia
              [http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=1528][/URL]

Besides the Furlings and the Tollan nearly every friendly race in the galaxy that we have met on SG1 is loosely in the Allience, Some are firmly in the Allience like the asgard, the Tokra, us, the Jaffa, the Hebridans. The Nox, Lantians...they are agreeable to the allience and sit on the council but are not really actively involved, they are there out of respect. The Nox are quite interesting because they were one of the first indications that we had reach that "level" becuase they contacted us and wanted to talk. They didnt declare an allience but they did offer to aid us when the situation called for them, in a strictly non military way. One of those ways was in our exploration of the galaxy and making contact with other races, they introduced us to alot of different people that we hadnt met before, which became part of the allience. They are most closely linked with Archgate, becuase of it s connection to Daniel Jackson, whom the like. They actually helped us out on lots of their archeological digs, given that they know alot about the history of the galaxy, they can teach us alot and have done, but in their cryptical way. They also confirmed that the Furling died out after the rise of the goauld, when the allience was at its weakest because the asgard had begun to suffer from genetic defects and the war with the wraith crippled the ancients. Without those two to back them up the furling eventually lost control of this galaxy and the nox well they just hid awaiting the return of the other two great races (which in some nox's eyes mean us, we were created by the ancients and use asgard and lantian technology...)

Also i might give the Gaia more weapons, our battleship has many more particle cannons than this ship..i might up the number of Ion cannons, to 24. If thats ok
              Last edited by immhotep; 28 January 2007, 03:14 AM.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

ty 4 info
                sigpic

Plz give me rep

Comment

anything else you want to know?
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  11000! green me

Comment

my design is in favor of all races but has a lot of lantean design is that ok?
                    sigpic

Plz give me rep

Comment

I think the Coil guns are cool. But i could have less of them, 8 instead of 18. I do want more Energy weapons than "projectiles" but the coil guns are kinda part of the evolution of our technology, so i wanted to keep them in. Did you like the model. however cool it looks, i does still feel like something we would build, i could see something like that in stargate. It looks impressive and powerfull yet kinda stargatey..
                      Use the Gauss guns that were used on the Challenger. They are extremely powerful and the calculations are already done for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
                        Use the Gauss guns that were used on the Challenger. They are extremely powerful and the calculations are already done for them.
                        or the coil guns on the Pegasus

Comment

Could use the Gauss Guns. This is meant to the ship with the most powerful, most advanced, latest military hardware we have, it is the last ship to be built out of our new fleet; 8 years after Earth was destroyed..Gauss guns could be cool, can you explain them a little or give me a link?

Also Lantian technolgy and design is still frowned upon, while in our fleet universe there is a lantian civilzation, not a very large one but there is one. And we are still in atlantis after 50 years, the fleet is more focused upon developing human technology rather than pinching of others. If you look through all the ships most of the main system are not Asgard like in the last fleet but human. We have the level of technology but not the dependance, the wraith war like a giant technological revolution, we used ancient and asgard technology so much that by the end of the war we didnt need thier technology because we understood it and could build our own, it might be a little less advanced and "stylish" but it works just as well. Even on Gaia the only systems which are Lantians are the computers, and although it was built in a lantian ship building facility, it was our design, we didnt say to them "oh, do you mind fitting a drone silo on the ship"...we might be able to do that, but in my view this fleet is about Humanity developing to another level, to becoming the fifth race (or the forth race, because the furlings are dead) to do that we need to become our own race and develop our own intergalactic empire. We laid the foundations for that in the first fleet, in Pegasus we have about 20 fully sized cities, New london has 1.2 million inhabitents, theyre not all from Earth (300,000 are asgard, which live on Valhalla, an asgard cityship annex of the city). New london is the capitol of Pegasus, its just so large that is incomparable to any other city, its by far the most successfull offworld colony we have, its the largest settlement outside of Earth and even if it was on Earth it would be be a top 20 Global city. It has a citizen from nearly every planet in the galaxy, its got every race you can think of even from the MW. Its got Lantians, Asgard, Humans, Genii, Tokra, Kelownens, Jaffa, hebridans...its just a completely unique city in its own right, if it was the only colony we had it would be worth it. Its also more advanced than most cities anywhere, because it has influences from the Asgard and Lantians(who have advanced districts in the city where they live).. i love that city lol. But in Pegasus we have almost another Civization, an offshoot to earth, extreamely multicultural, powerful, respected... What we need to do is get that in the MW, and then we will be a truely great race..

I love these preachy statements i make, i bet you all get sick and tired of them lol
                          Last edited by immhotep; 28 January 2007, 04:09 AM.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

any 1 got any asguard designs they can send me i need to have a look at their design

edit: =( my ships gt every race's designs in it guess its back to the sketch board
                            sigpic

Plz give me rep

Comment

Of course I liked the model. It's awesome.

QUOTE=immhotep;6254880]Just one last image of Gaia
                              [http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=1528][/URL]
                              The labels are kinda dumb..

Comment

Could use the Gauss Guns. This is meant to the ship with the most powerful, most advanced, latest military hardware we have, it is the last ship to be built out of our new fleet; 8 years after Earth was destroyed..Gauss guns could be cool, can you explain them a little or give me a link?
                                What do you mean explain them? The ones on the Challenger are just upgraded Coil guns that fire rounds faster than the standard ones. Not completely sure of the upgrades besides the speed..you'd have to ask AJT.
                                Last edited by ZakeD; 28 January 2007, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X