Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could pitch a story, what would it be?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wrote half a fan fic with an interesting concept, but I was too lazy to finish it. Basically, the idea I would pitch from my fan fic is that they find a Stargate on Mars. The way I explained it is that SG-1/SGC find a Stargate address that is very similar to Earth's address, it was different by one symbol and it leads the team to an Ancient outpost on Mars.

I don't want to give too much away, but I tried my best to fill in the gaps between SG-1 Season 8 premiere and the Atlantis premiere, eg. How did Daniel find the address to Atlantis, and what happened to the Ancients, and the biggest question of all, why the hell is there a Stargate on Mars?!

It would definately be an idea I'd like to pitch, but at the moment it's just a half-written fan fic. For those interested, its titled "Deus Quod Astrum Porta" and if you can work out what that means, I'll give you 100 points.
    "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Ooh, I've got several ideas (and if anyone wants to make them into fanfics, go right ahead). Well, actually, none of these could sustain an ep by themselves. But they'd be great subplots.

1) I think, in an episode dealing with the Tok'ra, Sam should find out that Selmak has a mate. The reason Jacob hasn't said anything so far is that the mate's previous host was male (remember, Selmak's previous host was female) and he was _way_ too wierded out by the whole thing. Under the circumstances, the relationship was put on hold; now Selmak's mate has a female host (preferably young, athletic, and drop-dead gorgeous). Given how much trouble Sam's had trying to adjust to having a sex-life of her own, watching her try and deal with her _father's_ sex life should be interesting.

2) I'd like to see Sara (Jack's ex) again. How did they explain the Crystal Charlie in Cold Lazarus? If she still lives in Colorado Springs, there's a chance that she might accidentally get mixed up in something again, especially when you consider the sheer amount of stuff that's going on outside the base now, when compared to earlier seasons. For that matter, any mention of Jack's family would be great.

3) See Mini-Jack again. How's life as a teen? What are his plans beyond high school? (This one could be combined with #2.)

4) The Replicators aren't the Asgard's only problem--what about their cloning problems? Has Heimdall figured out how to fix them yet? Ooh, that earlier form of Asgard he found in "Revelations" was in a state of suspended animation--could he be woken up, and if so, what would his reaction be to finding himself 30k years in the future, with all the other Asgard only about 3.5 feet tall, spindly, and completely sexless?
      My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
      -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
      -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
      -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

I'd love to see an episode where mini-jack gets pissy and tries to blow the SGC's cover... actually I just want an excuse to see Mini-Jack again...

Comment

i would have like to see the reeto again.
          and maybe some day a gou'ald take a wriath as a host

Comment

I'd kind of like to see more Alternate Universe plots. I mean, is there really only one quantuum mirror per universe? It just seems like whoever made it would have, well, common sense.

Of course, what I'd REALLY like to see is Daniel's AU-children come through the mirror and try to explain to him that they're his children. But I guess that's what fanfic is for. *heavysigh*

Comment

spoilers for my supersoldier ep entitled "Drones"

Baal is talking to a revived Thoth about the Kull warriors limited life-span. A supersoldiers walks by and Baal gets really pissed off. Thoth proposes to check out Harlan's planet. They have info about it because they have the info stolen from Jonas' mind, who read the mission reports ...

So Baal, Thoth, a few jaffa and supersoldiers walk in and capture Harlan. Harlan is forced to make some robot-supersoldier. He copies his conscience into one of the robotic supersoldiers, who then goes to the SGC. He sends such a contraya greating. The iris opens and a supersoldier enters. ALARM! They shoot at him, but Kull Harlan runs away. Then they stop firing and Kull Harlan explains everything. SG-1 has to make a plan to stop Baal and free Harlan.

Meanwhile an evil intelligent robot supersoldier (Kull Ashek) is being made.

Guest characters: Baal, Thoth, Harlan, Kull Harlan, Kull Ashek (intelligent Kull warrior), some jaffa cannon fodder...

Comment

Howdy Campers

Well, I guess I kinda do have an idea I would like to pitch -- though I'm not ready to share it openly yet. It's not because I don't trust you folks -- because I do. I've been pleasantly surprised by the people in this forum -- could ask for anything better. I'm just thinking that I may -- I might decide to try out a fanfic someday (I haven't done any free lancing since college so I really need to warm up first). I have to feel I can give these characters the justice and story they deserve.

So, why am I even posting (and rambling) here? Does anyone else think it would be neat if -- since this could be the final season -- the producers would screen fan ideas and even film one? The crew would have full say over final details and what not. I mean, I wouldn't even care if I got my name on the pitch -- just to *know* it was my idea that inspired the writers of Stargate SG-1. That itself would be -- well -- neat. I think I would have only one stipulation: that I could be on the set while they're filming. I don't want to have to have say over the script or have a role on the show -- just to be there among the people I look up to more than anyone right now.

Okay, I'll stop. I'm getting sentimental. Those are my thoughts -- as whacked as they may be
                Bander

"LTS" -- Mr. Richard Dean Anderson

"I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Wrong show but still relevant... How about we see or meet the Gate Builder or Builders? SG-1 or Atlantis could come across the facility or the scientist that created the Stargates, or the concept of the Stargate.

And NO, it shouldn't be some factory where they just pump out the Stargates on an assembly line. Sort of destroys the mystique of the gate if they are just rolled out like that. I'm more inclined to think that they were hand made using the advanced technology the Ancients possessed, remember they did evolve over millions of years.
                  "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Originally posted by They call me Tim
                    I would like to see a Goa'uld take over an Asgard as a host
                    Maybe use Loki. A system Lord doing covert spying on the Asgard. & has some giant serpent, wolf & a female First Prime be his "daughter" who ruled the land of the dead.

Maybe even have him cause Ragnarok. The only Asgard I can recall being on the show, Thor, Heimdall, & Freyr all die in it.

Comment

I'd pitch a story that followed up on the Fragile Balance abductee angle. What would if one of Loki's victims
                      A Found out about the SGC
                      B contacted the SGC because they thought the aliens returned
                      C Was dying and something Loki may have done could be the cause
                      D found something that he/she thought supported his theory's and asks Daniel and "Murray" for their help to find it

D is probably my favorite. One of Loki's victims or maybe a child or grandchild seeking to prove them right asks for Daniels help. He finds something that may prove the existence of aliens and their past visitations to earth. He/She thinks Daniel might be able to help, possibly because it was research done by Daniel or Grandpa Nick that inspired the search. At first daniel humor him but after the the research he grows to believe he might be be right. maybe it leads them to a hidden temple like the one were Daniel and De Lee found Talchaq's device. Annubis, Ra, or Talchaq would be good potential past residents. Daniel can't go without he/she because to get into the temple you need a special key to get in. how did he/she get it? how else bought it on the internet. The temple is actuallly a hidden research facility for bits of Ancient tech. So Daniel is stuck trying to figure out if the person has a right to know or if they should be kept in the dark? Especially when it turns the person is genetically advanced enough to use the left behind.

Possible plot twists:
                      1 the person attacks with Ancients weapons when SG-1 tries to double cross them

2 trapped in the temple with a very a gouald who's been imprisoned there since the stargate was buried

3 trapped in the temple and the only way to escape is to fly a puddlejumper out, problem is the guy/gal thet tried to screw over is the only one with the ancient gene and can make it work
                      for the last i thought up a funny scene were Sam is trying to hot wire it and the jumper all of a sudden powers and and quickly powers down. what the viewers realize and Sam doesn't realize is that the person with the ancient gene stepped in and out of the jumper when she wasn't paying them any attention
                      Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

I would really like to see an episode where SG-1 has to defeat some kind of giant cyborg insect thing that flies through space eating Stargates

Comment

I agree with Beatrice. Anything to do with Jacks family would be awesome. Id like to see something happen to Sara and Jack has to break all kinds of regulations to save her and ends up demoted or something.... and back on sg1 She could be hurt and need a sarcophagus or gets kidnapped by the trust. Would like to see RDA act that out- oneill would be stressing out big time. Or maybe charlie somehow ascended and sg1 finds an ancient device that allows the living to talk to the dead. Would really like to see him in a fatherly way- loved the scene in cold lazurus where he walked out of the hospital holding charlie's hand. I loved Cold Lazurus but the character was really only just developing- Id love to see RDA act out some of these really emotional scenes now.

Comment

My episode would be about the team going back in time and stopping Threads from ever happening.

BYE
                            "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

I would like to connect Nick Ballards "Giiiiiaaaannnt Aaaalliiieeeeennss" to the Furllings.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

My episode would be about how Anubis ascended. A thousand years ago, when researching ascension, Anubis learned about the secrets of Kheb and Oma Desala. Seeking to exploit Oma, Anubis created a special Harcesis child with certain selective traits, but the System Lords found out and banished him. When Anubis refused to relinquish the Harcesis, the System Lords attacked Anubis and after many battles Anubis was finally defeated by Lord Yu but he managed to smuggle the Harcesis to Kheb before he was killed. On Kheb, Oma Desala raised the Harcesis child, repressed his Goa’uld memories, and helped him ascend. Somewhere down the line the child became overconfident and believed that he could handle all the evil Goa’uld thoughts and unlocked his own past memories but he was wrong and when he released all his Goa’uld memories, he was overwhelmed by them, turned evil and began a campaign to conquer the galaxy just like Anubis had planned. The other Ancients weren’t happy about this and tried to descend the Harcesis but he was able to resist using a combination of the knowledge he learned from Oma and the knowledge of all his past Goa’uld memories, especially those of Anubis, so the Ancients were only able to partially descend the Harcesis, trapping him between different planes of existence. Over the centuries, the Harcesis managed to free himself, and when he returned to the Milky Way he took the identity of Anubis in order to carry out his plans of galactic domination.

Comment

Working...
                                X