This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interaction between Sam & Cam

What do you guys think of Cameron & Sam in season 9? I personally liked their interaction because they seemed more like equals, whereas pre-season 9 it was always Carter following orders.

One of my favorite scenes between the two is during Arthur's Mantle when
    Spoiler:
    they are both out of phase and in order to ascertain this they keep slapping each others' shoulders. Hilarious.

+ =

PS Did anyone notice that the icon for Thor makes him look scary? Thor is supposed to be cute!

I think that they developped a great rapport, It wasn't as friendly and trusting as the one she had with Daniel and Teal'c, and it wasn't packed with all that romantic tension like with Jack, It's more of a friendly/helpful big sister relationship they have. Cam has it with pretty much all the other characters, It makes him seem like a little kid... I think it's pretty dandy

Comment

i found it incredibly fake, not to mention forced. it just was all of a sudden, no explanation, no illistration, no reason, no nothing. i know friendships can just 'happen' with no common interest, etc, but there's always something, even if it's just the bond between them. there's not even a bond, just the two actors sitting together saying lines for no reason. it went way too far way too fast and the very nature is still unknown or alluded to. probably since TPTB don't care; it was contrived to make cam's character more likeable instead of develop an actual relationship making it one-sided and OC. i enjoyed the slow and realistic development of (e.g) sam/teal'c, teal'c/daniel, and jack/sam much more.
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
        i found it incredibly fake, not to mention forced. it just was all of a sudden, no explanation, no illistration, no reason, no nothing.
        That's the impression I got. I felt that it was being used as a way to shoehorn Mitchell into the team, possibly to provide a reason why Sam didn't object to him having command of SG-1, rather than it being a plot point TPTB ever intended to elaborate on.

There is no hint whether Sam and Mitchell have been friends since they were tiny tots, if they met for the first time when Sam visited him in the hospital or something in between.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by LHB View Post
          What do you guys think of Cameron & Sam in season 9? I personally liked their interaction because they seemed more like equals, whereas pre-season 9 it was always Carter following orders.

One of my favorite scenes between the two is during Arthur's Mantle when
          Spoiler:
          they are both out of phase and in order to ascertain this they keep slapping each others' shoulders. Hilarious.

+ =

PS Did anyone notice that the icon for Thor makes him look scary? Thor is supposed to be cute!
          Yes, I like that they appear to know each other and have an easy on-going camaraderie. They are contemporaries in age and rank and I like that every sentence from Sam does not have to begin with "sir". Cam and Sam seem comfortable in each other's company and it's enjoyable to watch.

Comment

He called her Mary poppins! Loved that!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

i found it incredibly fake, not to mention forced. it just was all of a sudden, no explanation, no illistration, no reason, no nothing. i know friendships can just 'happen' with no common interest, etc, but there's always something, even if it's just the bond between them. there's not even a bond, just the two actors sitting together saying lines for no reason. it went way too far way too fast and the very nature is still unknown or alluded to. probably since TPTB don't care; it was contrived to make cam's character more likeable instead of develop an actual relationship making it one-sided and OC. i enjoyed the slow and realistic development of (e.g) sam/teal'c, teal'c/daniel, and jack/sam much more.
              I just plain disagree IMVHO. What common interests did Sam and Jack have, other then a common interest in eachother? Also Sam warmed up to Jonas in the first episode of season six. Which Sam and Cam IMO did not really show much in the way of a true friendship untill post fourth horseman. And also it seems to be taken to new levels in season ten. So just IMO

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post

There is no hint whether Sam and Mitchell have been friends since they were tiny tots, if they met for the first time when Sam visited him in the hospital or something in between.
                Actually I thought it was inferred or mentioned that they knew eachother since the Accademy. Don't know if I am just getting confused or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                  I just plain disagree IMVHO. What common interests did Sam and Jack have, other then a common interest in eachother? Also Sam warmed up to Jonas in the first episode of season six. Which Sam and Cam IMO did not really show much in the way of a true friendship untill post fourth horseman. And also it seems to be taken to new levels in season ten. So just IMO
                  perhaps i misspoke. i believe i said
                  Originally posted by Me
                  i know friendships can just 'happen' with no common interest
                  sam and jack's relationship developed, and its development made sense. the same with sam and jonas. there was a click, and then they started to become friends. i didn't see that with Sam and Cam, they just "were". no development, and therefore no reason behind the development. i'm not saying that some people don't just 'click', they do. but they don't become as close as sam and mitchell for overnight and with no reason (not a reason from the initial click, but for the development and the nature of the relationship afterwards). am i being clearer now? sorry about that.
                  Originally posted by Col. Foley
                  Actually I thought it was inferred or mentioned that they knew eachother since the Accademy. Don't know if I am just getting confused or not.
                  don't think so. i never saw mitchell as an academy grad anyway. i'd trace when he would have been there, but his TIG/TIS is totally off the wall.
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Yeah thats clearer. I'm still not quite sure I agree with you about Sam and Jonas. In fact I remember that the frienship, at first did not make much sense to me. I mean sure by the end of the season they were good friends and Jonas was fully intergrated. But Sam was pretty turn up about Daniel, so it really did not make sense to me that they clicked that quickly.
                    What is TIS/TIG?

Comment

Yeah thats clearer. I'm still not quite sure I agree with you about Sam and Jonas. In fact I remember that the frienship, at first did not make much sense to me. I mean sure by the end of the season they were good friends and Jonas was fully intergrated. But Sam was pretty turn up about Daniel, so it really did not make sense to me that they clicked that quickly.
                      sam/jonas felt different, like sam herself was unsure whether she should be friends with a person who--depending on how you look at it--murdered one of her best friends. she seemed pulled between jack's view and what she wanted to believe. but see, that's a (partial) explination of the nature of their relationship. their are other aspects of course, with other explanations, but i see nothing of the sort for sam and mitchell. that along with the other writing surrounding mitchell leads me to believe the entire thing was made up to integrate mitchell and make him more likeable while completely ignoring sam's actual character.
                      What is TIS/TIG?
                      sorry. time in grade/time in service. in other words, mitchell's canon birth date doesn't line up with how long it would take him to become a lieutenant colonel. so without knowing which to believe, i can’t figure out when he would have been at the Academy (if indeed he went, he always struck me as a OTS guy, and regardless i don’t think there’s a fencing class at the Academy).
                      sigpic

Comment

sam/jonas felt different, like sam herself was unsure whether she should be friends with a person who--depending on how you look at it--murdered one of her best friends. she seemed pulled between jack's view and what she wanted to believe. but see, that's a (partial) explination of the nature of their relationship. their are other aspects of course, with other explanations, but i see nothing of the sort for sam and mitchell. that along with the other writing surrounding mitchell leads me to believe the entire thing was made up to integrate mitchell and make him more likeable while completely ignoring sam's actual character.
                        sorry. time in grade/time in service. in other words, mitchell's canon birth date doesn't line up with how long it would take him to become a lieutenant colonel. so without knowing which to believe, i can’t figure out when he would have been at the Academy (if indeed he went, he always struck me as a OTS guy, and regardless i don’t think there’s a fencing class at the Academy).
                        Yep thanks for explaining.
                        I compleatly agree with one point that you made about Sam/Jonas. They were really good friends by the end of the season. But I still think it was a tad odd at the beginning. I wish they kept Jonas, especially now that we have Ms. Black running around.

Comment

i never saw mitchell as an academy grad anyway. i'd trace when he would have been there, but his TIG/TIS is totally off the wall.
                          I think somebody else brought up your point about fencing not being a subject at the Air Force Academy (maybe on the WSL thread) so Mitchell could very well not have attended at all. You're right about his TIG and TIS being being totally off the wall. His date of birth, based on "200", is around May 1970. He could therefore have graduated from the Academy (if he attended it) no earlier than 1991.

ForeverSg1 did the research on the minimum TIG for promotions. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=41060

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I really like their relationship. I think it's a lot of fun that they were already friends when we first see them together, and I don't need to know how they became friends. In real life, I don't know the background of how everyone I know became friends with other people. And yet, I can still enjoy seeing the two of them together at a party or wherever I might see both people. Same thing with the show, all of the characters probably have lots of friends taht we've never met before and who could potentially show up in any ep. I don't need to here a history about them every time.

Plus, I just like the relaxed way the two of them are around each other and how they can tease each other. It's a different relationship than any we've had on the show and it's a nice change.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
                              I really like their relationship. I think it's a lot of fun that they were already friends when we first see them together, and I don't need to know how they became friends. In real life, I don't know the background of how everyone I know became friends with other people. And yet, I can still enjoy seeing the two of them together at a party or wherever I might see both people. Same thing with the show, all of the characters probably have lots of friends taht we've never met before and who could potentially show up in any ep. I don't need to here a history about them every time.

Plus, I just like the relaxed way the two of them are around each other and how they can tease each other. It's a different relationship than any we've had on the show and it's a nice change.
                              Here Here.
                              I compleatly agree, the only problem I have is that at times they seem a bit too relaxed. BUt I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X