Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps because the Goa'uld are so few, during 9 and 10, they use the host's voice to hide. As for why Baal does it when he was in the presence of SG-1, who knows, but as for the Tok'Ra and the Goa'uld the deep voice we're used to hearing was allways thought to be the symbiote's voice. On another note: what the heck happened to the Tok'ra?

Comment

Like I said, they're pretty much an endangered species now that Egeria's dead and gone. My best guess is that they're keeping mostly to themselves ever since they formally broke their alliance with the Tau'ri, although I guess they still do maintain occasional contact.

They're probably trying to rebuild their society after suffering devastating losses throughout seasons 5 and 6. Although with the downfall of the System Lords, I wonder if they'll be able to find a new purpose in life since Egeria originally founded the Tok'ra to oppose the Goa'uld. Perhaps they're busy elsewhere using their limited resources to weed out whatever few remaining Goa'uld there are who might still be deemed a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by nothing croovus
        Perhaps because the Goa'uld are so few, during 9 and 10, they use the host's voice to hide. As for why Baal does it when he was in the presence of SG-1, who knows, but as for the Tok'Ra and the Goa'uld the deep voice we're used to hearing was allways thought to be the symbiote's voice. On another note: what the heck happened to the Tok'ra?
        I think it's quite simple why Baal does it. He was trying to get something from them and trying to get them to trust him. It's a psychological thing. He knows that if he uses his Goauld voice they will constantly have it in his head that he is what he is but if he doesn't it makes him sound more 'normal' and more likely that the SGC will at least partially forget how a big a threat he is. Baal seems to prefer the softly softly approach a lot of the time. So he tries to use his charm and grace to get him out of a situation as best he can. It's a lot easier to do that when people aren't constantly reminded that he is a Goauld by the deep booming voice.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Plenty of Goa'uld have used their hosts voice when it suits them even since season 1.
          I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Can anyone tell me why the Go'uld, primarily Baal and Athena, have lost their deep voice in season 9 & 10? They speak as if the human is separated from their Go'uld, much Tok'ra.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis View Post
              Can anyone tell me why the Go'uld, primarily Baal and Athena, have lost their deep voice in season 9 & 10? They speak as if the human is separated from their Go'uld, much Tok'ra.

Thanks.
              The Goa'uld use the deep voice as a form of intimidation Athena was hiding out on Earth and so was Ba'al for a time so it suited them to speak in a normal human voice and when Ba'al had left Earth he probley stopped using it because he knew SG teams weren't intimitated by it any longer
              "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

They like Cliff Simon's (Ba'al) voice!? I am sure they still use it when they want to "prove" their "power", but Ba'al was posing as a human on Earth and maybe they wanted him when he was not to seem more proper and intelligent (accent )... "civilised" ... Also, I can imagine it would be a hassle .....
                Ba'al did like the sound of his on voice
                EDIT: An above poster pointed out that they may have done it to hide. Ie, so rebel jaffa can't find and kill them so easily .
                Last edited by Supreme Commander Sil; 09 December 2009, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
                  They like Cliff Simon's (Ba'al) voice!? I am sure they still use it when they want to "prove" their "power", but Ba'al was posing as a human on Earth and maybe they wanted him when he was not to seem more proper and intelligent (accent )... "civilised" ... Also, I can imagine it would be a hassle .....
                  Ba'al did like the sound of his on voice
                  EDIT: An above poster pointed out that they may have done it to hide. Ie, so rebel jaffa can't find and kill them so easily .
                  Could you imagine Ba'al's press conference, when he announced he was becoming the CEO of some company, if he were speaking in his Goa'uld voice?

I kind of wonder how widespread those Goa'uld voice modulators that Vala had are.

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                    I kind of wonder how widespread those Goa'uld voice modulators that Vala had are.
                    Daniel used one in "Proving Ground," though we don't actually see the device.

We know it's an active effect by the symbiote to flange because Neruse said "We don't have to talk like that"

And with the Tok'ra, it's a matter of indicating who is speaking.
                    Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

I'm beginning to realize no one actually reads my posts.

Comment

Working...
                    X