Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Season 8 episode revealed: Threads ( MAJOR SPOILERS! )

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is so stupid........Jack wont even be in the upcomming seasons so what does it matter if she dumps the zero and gets with the Hero. I think she can do much better anyway. That guys a tool and Carters a straight up Hottie that should be with someone much more intelligent or at least someone with more character that fits her. some of you so called fans are so fickle its crazy......waaaaa im not going to watch if Tealc uses a pistol instead of a staff weapon.........Waaaaa im not going to watch if Daniel wears glasses in the next episode...........Get over it. As i always say the Writers for the most part (i give exceptions for Gemini) have usualy done well by the fans and I really dont understand why people want to base their watching of a show on one thing that will mean very little in the future. Jack Wont be there next season his presence will be around somewhere but he wont be in the show really so if Carter does want to get with THE Man so be it..............I love the show, I love Jonus, I love Daniel, Tealc, and everything else if your that fickle whatch something else like Public TV
    The enemy has spoken

Comment

Oh boy in just a couple hours this ones gonna air on Skyone over here, from what little i've read (I've decided to avoid spoilers as much as possible for this one) I hope this one leads into some sort of conclusion with the whole Daniel ascension-descension-rescension arc and doesn't focus too heavily on the Sam/Jack side.

Maybe this could develop into a conclusion to the whole Daniel vs. Anubis thing, ever since Full Circle it's seemed to me that Anubis is more of Danny's nemesis and this ep could be the chance to have some sort of big showdown between the two, still whatever happens i can't wait. Just gotta get through some Simpsons reruns first...
      April 29th
      DONT PANIC!

Frinks Law:
      "PI IS EXACTLY THREE!"

Comment

I hope it brings an end to the Ascension story too but I also hope there's loads of S/J shippy goodness Get that story also over In a good way
        Then we can go back to playful bantering and all the stuff the noromos like too. Everyone can be happy. Except maybe J/D shippers and D/S shippers
        May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

I think this episode could be the BEST yet (since Reckoning part2 )
          I really cannot wait. I love Daniel based episodes.

Comment

less then 20 mins to go! i can't wait!
            spook

Comment

this is going to be a 90 min episode cool and it involves Sam and Jack so every shipper can't wait for it to see and than Oma Desala and Daniel and Anubis Daniel who has a showdown with Anubis cool I can't wait this is going to be so great
              Lord Zedd

Comment

If you think about it only ~40min of a 60min is about the show, ~20min are just commercials. So a 90min special will just have 60min of show with 30min of commercials.
                "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
                of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
                Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
                because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
                of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
                another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

Originally posted by donnie_darko
                  If you think about it only ~40min of a 60min is about the show, ~20min are just commercials. So a 90min special will just have 60min of show with 30min of commercials.
                  it will not have 30 mins of commercials, they are only 3 mins each so 5 ads 3 mins each do the math.

Comment

Well watched this episode last night on SKY one here in the UK, we're ahead everyone else this season for a change....lol

if you cant wait go to :
                    www.kompletlywyred.com
                    and join make 3 posts then get it ......

its a great ep and was about 90 mins long.......... glad sky one didnt cut much out.

not gonna say anything about it because i dont want to ruin it for anyone.
                    but its a GREAT episode.......really great
                    plus youre gonna need tissues....

any way if you really want to know just drop me a line

debs
                    giles singing...

Willow , anya, tara: "ohhh"
                    xander: "can we go back to the haunted house because this is creeping me out"
                    tara: "does he do this alot"
                    xander: "sure everyday the earth rotates backward and the sky's turn orange"

willow: "now i remeber why i used to to have such a crush on him"
                    any: "his voice is pleasent"
                    willow : "cum on it is kind of sexy"
                    xander: "i'm fighting total mental breakdown here.. no more fuel in the fire please"

Comment

Originally posted by airfro
                      it will not have 30 mins of commercials, they are only 3 mins each so 5 ads 3 mins each do the math.
                      Sorry, but you are incorrect. The typical one hour broadcast episode is only about 42 minutes of actual material. Ads and network promos make up the other 18 minutes.

"Threads" is 63 minutes long but will be shown over a 90 minute period. That leaves 27 minutes for ads and promos. Maybe not exactly 30 minutes but pretty close.
                      To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

I cant believe Jakob is dead! he was one of my favourite characters!

Comment

I really want to NOT read all the spoilers----but how can I wait 'til March!!!! This is killing my little shipper heart...how can I last that long? Where's that anti-spoilers thread for encouragement? Aaaaaaghh!!!

Comment

I was dissapointed with this episode, I would've better preferred this to be reduced to fit in the regular slot, so I can have my regular combination of SG-1, followed by Atlantis. But hopefully this was just to satisfy all the shippers out there, and the remaining episodes can be used for all the action, with RA coming back and whatnot. Or is it SG1 going back to RA?

Then again, this whole series has been rather dissapointing.
                            Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

Originally posted by airfro
                              they are only 3 mins each so 5 ads 3 mins each do the math.
                              the whole 90min show was only 62min if you cut everything but the show out.
                              "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
                              of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
                              Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
                              because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
                              of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
                              another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

I thought this was a brilliant ep, kept me interested throughout. I am so with everything that these guys have been with. I had a lump in my throat in the first scene with T'ealc and Bratak with the rest of the rebel jaffa, I thought Sam and Jacob were great in the scene when he was telling her about him dying. Brilliant acting from Amanda and I enjoyed all the ascension stuff with Daniel. I loved the way they portrayed it in the cafe. Really clever and fun to watch, loved anubis guy and Oma lots and lots.

S/J ship, I thought that it was very subtely done. I got into Stargate in Season 4 when there was a hint at their feelings for each other subtle and well done from my point of view and certainly never in your face!!! This was a bit more out there but still very well done. There are a hell of a lot of fans that are bumping up the ratings for this show and keeping it going that love that side of it. What seriously is wrong after 8 years if these characters can finally get together. It doesn't have to change the dynamics of the team, look at the alternate reality ep when Jack and Sam were engaged. They were still extremely professional, both characters are professional, look at Sam after loosing Jacob in the last scene....and before anybody slates her as being dispassionate, I went back to work after my dad died because I know it's what he would have wanted and it helped to be busy!!

Season eight has been a brilliant season and one of my favourites!!! Can't wait for the dvd's so I can watch them again and all the behind the scenes stuff. Hope for many more episodes like season eight in season nine. Can't wait to see the new characters too.

Comment

Working...
                                X