This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theory about the purpose of the first supergate

I came up with a thory that the reason for the first supergate was to provide a way to get vala to the ori galaxy so she could five birth to Adria.

The first supergate would have been too small for the toilet ships, and none that we know were active at that time anyway. So what purpose would the gate have served then, none. Unless it was ment, by the ori, to be destroyed by vala in the way she did and her to beam off the cargo ship when she did and being transported to the ori galaxy to be impregnetated by the ori as she was. Know she would want to return to our galaxy and time the invasion at a point before Adria's birth, so she would be born in our galaxy as she was thus cheating the ancients rules in our galaxy.

let me know what you think
    Last edited by BuuZeroC; 31 July 2006, 07:23 AM.

It's possible.

Or, they wanted to bring in smaller ships to set up a permenant base or something.

Comment

Interesting theory, but it's highly unlikely that the Ori would get that many assumptions correct. I'm sure they were actually expecting to be successful in creating the supergate. They probably only came up with later plans for Vala when she showed up at their door.
      SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

The first one could probably expand to the size of the second one, since stargates are the only transportation devices that could be used to move the segments from their galaxy to ours.
        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

couldn't they have impregnated someone besides valla?

Comment

No, Vala was key to their plans. But, I think that the first Supergate was a distraction, for the second Supergate. While they were wasting their time trying to destroy that one, the Ori had a Prior making another, on a distant planet.

Comment

Yeah they could just send vala through a regular stargate to the ori galaxy the same way the priors did it.
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe the Ori weren't planning on building such big ships at first. But then, upon further thought, they figured "Why not?" Bigger could be better in that instance. And so far, for the most part, that has been the case.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Why don't they just fly the ships through space if the Ori have the knowledge of the universe and they are descendants of the ancients then they would be able to build fast ships.
                  sigpic

Comment

The Ori aren't descendants of the Ancient's, these are two separate groups. And, the Ancient's didn't build extremely fast ships either, at least that we know of. Their ships, seem more like dwellings with weapons to me. They weren't actually intended for war. Maybe Adria is supposed to create true war weapons.

Comment

Maybe there's a speed limit to driving in Hyperspace. The Ori galaxy might be too far away to travel to the Milky Way within, oh, say half a year.

Comment

Working...
                      X