GateWorld Virtual Fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
    erm...all i know is that a mrk 1 naquadah generator is the standard one and the mrk 2 is 400% more powerful because it operates at a constanst state of controled overload...so someone should just be told to make it up and it'll become canon for the fleet...
    Problem is that operating like that would only work in short durations, not sustained usage. I'd say that anything large enough uses varients of the Daedalus's main generator, with mk1 naquadah generator's for auxiliary backups. Anything to small, roughly the size of an Al'kesh or smaller, we'll have to come up with something else.

Comment

Okay, firstly, the Prometheus being rebuilt is not fanwank. The Asgard could recover the pieces and help us put her back together, better than before. I only suggest it because everything left of her is sitting in Tegalus's orbit, and we shouldn't let all that raw material go to waste.

Secondly, I never said that my ships should be the entire fleet. That's not what I want. All I want is a fleet that isn't dominated by a bunch of fanboy's wetdreams, thank you very much. If you guys would design ships that WEREN'T such loads of bull, I wouldn't be complaining. But apparently immhotep, you and FM have your heads too far up your own asses to understand that.

Thirdly, the case of the three battlecarriers: Then you should have held another vote until there was only one contender left! That's what you did with all the other ship types! Beyond a shadow of a doubt does this prove your fleet's a group fanwank! You ALL had to have your stupid designs in all at once, thus rendering this virtual fleet a laughingstock.

Fourthly, immhotep the Leviathan is a fanwank because it's too much of a technological leap for Earth in the time index specified. It's also too big. It's not a bad idea, but to create a replacement for the Daedalus-class starships mere years after they've entered service is ridiculously fast. My thoughts are that you could redesign Leviathan to be more realistic in the following ways:

1: Have her be powered by reliable naquada reactors, as I sincerely doubt that there is any way the Asgard are going to help us build such advanced power generators for a WHILE. Frankly, they've been more than generous with their shielding, sensor, hyperdrive and beaming technologies. And besides: 72 reactors is bloody ridiculous in the first place!

2: Make her 500 meters long. Cut down her size in the other areas to keep her proportioned correctly. She doesn't have to be a monster starship to kick ass, immhotep. Smaller is better, because it's easier on our resources and lets us build more of them. It also lets us build Leviathan-class ships back on Earth.

3: Lose the titanium hull. Trinium is cheaper to produce by far, and stronger too.

4: Instead of a Wraith-based main gun or Felger's piece of garbage, why not an Asgard-designed energy weapon? They installed one on the Prometheus, but we were never able to power it up. With, say, three Mk. IV reactors powering the ship, you could easily power one Asgard-designed beam weapon alongside the other weapons. While not as powerful as current Asgard weapons systems, it would still be superior to anything we currently have or anything the Wraith could throw at us. It's firing rate would be the same as that of the Asgard O'Neill-class mothership's weapons, letting the Leviathan tear through hiveships with ease. You could blast apart a section of the Hiveship's hull, and launch a missile salvo into the now-unprotected section to completely annihilate it.

5: How about 24 missile tubes, with 5 reloads each? Uses the same technology from the Daedalus, and saves room for other things.

6: 96 railguns? Dude, this isn't World War II. Sixteen-eighteen rail guns would be far more realistic and less of a drain on the ship's power. It'd also mean more power for an Asgard-designed energy weapon, which is way better than our rail guns.

7: 12 ion drives?! You've got to be kidding! Two main advanced Hebridian drives, plus a few supplemental ones (like the Daedalus) would be much more realistic.

8: Only 4 fighters? C'mon man! At least make it half a squadron, or 8 planes, like the Prometheus. Then the fighters can actually do something in battle.

Everything else works though. She'd still be the meanest ship in our arsenal (without the battlecarriers). And have you considered the addition of a few point-defense lasers? Now that would be cool.

Finally, immhotep, you seem to have gotten the wrong idea. The Ori would have tried to wipe out the ANCIENTS in our galaxy using whatever they could, long before we alerted them to the fact that the Ancients were not the last sentient lifeforms to live in our galaxy.

I ask you immhotep to please consider the totality of my argument and make the right choice. A virtual fleet is no fun if only a few member's ships dominate the entire scene.

Comment

Problem is that operating like that would only work in short durations, not sustained usage. I'd say that anything large enough uses varients of the Daedalus's main generator, with mk1 naquadah generator's for auxiliary backups. Anything to small, roughly the size of an Al'kesh or smaller, we'll have to come up with something else.
        if we're making a tech tree why not say that a mrk III generator pumps out as much power as a mrk 2 without the chance of overload???
        Okay, firstly, the Prometheus being rebuilt is not fanwank. The Asgard could recover the pieces and help us put her back together, better than before. I only suggest it because everything left of her is sitting in Tegalus's orbit, and we shouldn't let all that raw material go to waste.

Secondly, I never said that my ships should be the entire fleet. That's not what I want. All I want is a fleet that isn't dominated by a bunch of fanboy's wetdreams, thank you very much. If you guys would design ships that WEREN'T such loads of bull, I wouldn't be complaining. But apparently immhotep, you and FM have your heads too far up your own asses to understand that.

Thirdly, the case of the three battlecarriers: Then you should have held another vote until there was only one contender left! That's what you did with all the other ship types! Beyond a shadow of a doubt does this prove your fleet's a group fanwank! You ALL had to have your stupid designs in all at once, thus rendering this virtual fleet a laughingstock.

Fourthly, immhotep the Leviathan is a fanwank because it's too much of a technological leap for Earth in the time index specified. It's also too big. It's not a bad idea, but to create a replacement for the Daedalus-class starships mere years after they've entered service is ridiculously fast. My thoughts are that you could redesign Leviathan to be more realistic in the following ways:
        -ok there is nothing left of the promethus it was completely destroyed and even if it wasn't the rand probably still have their satelite weapon...
        -i agree that 3 battle carriers is too many but if everyone want a revote it's up to them...and the ships are not fanwank we saw that a few years ago felger had a energy weapon on the table why couldn't it have been fixed in 10-20 years ?
        1: Have her be powered by reliable naquada reactors, as I sincerely doubt that there is any way the Asgard are going to help us build such advanced power generators for a WHILE. Frankly, they've been more than generous with their shielding, sensor, hyperdrive and beaming technologies. And besides: 72 reactors is bloody ridiculous in the first place!
        72 reactors is abit much but are going to standardise the fleet...
        4: Instead of a Wraith-based main gun or Felger's piece of garbage, why not an Asgard-designed energy weapon? They installed one on the Prometheus, but we were never able to power it up. With, say, three Mk. IV reactors powering the ship, you could easily power one Asgard-designed beam weapon alongside the other weapons. While not as powerful as current Asgard weapons systems, it would still be superior to anything we currently have or anything the Wraith could throw at us. It's firing rate would be the same as that of the Asgard O'Neill-class mothership's weapons, letting the Leviathan tear through hiveships with ease. You could blast apart a section of the Hiveship's hull, and launch a missile salvo into the now-unprotected section to completely annihilate it.
        the asgard weapons was a plothole it was only mentioned once then the idea was scrapped because it would give us too much of an edge...the asgard wouldn't give us weapons and i think most people have said they prefer tauri weapons...and i doubt it would be that powerful anyway what makes you think that asgard weapons are gonna be that much more powerful then wraith ones espeically when it's underpowered?
        Finally, immhotep, you seem to have gotten the wrong idea. The Ori would have tried to wipe out the ANCIENTS in our galaxy using whatever they could, long before we alerted them to the fact that the Ancients were not the last sentient lifeforms to live in our galaxy.

I ask you immhotep to please consider the totality of my argument and make the right choice. A virtual fleet is no fun if only a few member's ships dominate the entire scene
        i really think you should give him a break now it's unnecessary it's up to him if he a) agrees with you
        and b) decides to change it
        and you should stop hasseling him because you don't like his ship i can't see anyone else with a problem
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Would you please stop that your ship is fanwak, oh no yours is more fanwake no yours is even more stuff.Your doing a fictional fleet based on a fictional tv series, so in the end everything is fanwak. Don't get me wrong i like the idea of the fleet, so please just do it it stup discussing like 4 year olds.

Comment

only one person is saying a ship is fanwank and other people are defending it so we're hardely 5 year olds lol
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

not all people but some most of all Andrew Joshua Talon .
              And it is going on for some time now, and i doubt they will find a solution

Comment

lol...yeah it's probably gonna get worse

Comment

We woted on them so just take them. If your ship didn't make it the whoever it is i'm really sorry, but you will have to live with it.

Comment

That's not the point you idiots!

Comment

you better not be calling me an idiot...so how about we pick apart you ships?

Comment

if we're making a tech tree why not say that a mrk III generator pumps out as much power as a mrk 2 without the chance of overload???

-ok there is nothing left of the promethus it was completely destroyed and even if it wasn't the rand probably still have their satelite weapon...
                        -i agree that 3 battle carriers is too many but if everyone want a revote it's up to them...and the ships are not fanwank we saw that a few years ago felger had a energy weapon on the table why couldn't it have been fixed in 10-20 years ?

72 reactors is abit much but are going to standardise the fleet...

the asgard weapons was a plothole it was only mentioned once then the idea was scrapped because it would give us too much of an edge...the asgard wouldn't give us weapons and i think most people have said they prefer tauri weapons...and i doubt it would be that powerful anyway what makes you think that asgard weapons are gonna be that much more powerful then wraith ones espeically when it's underpowered?

i really think you should give him a break now it's unnecessary it's up to him if he a) agrees with you
                        and b) decides to change it
                        and you should stop hasseling him because you don't like his ship i can't see anyone else with a problem
                        As far as I can see I agree with you Buba.

AJT, I think what everyone involved in this heated "discussion" myself included should get up from the computer, stop thinking about how dumb everyone else is, and cool down. Maybe then we'll all be coherent enough to come up with a logical solution to solve most of our problems with the fledgling fleet.

Comment

As far as I can see I agree with you Buba.

AJT, I think what everyone involved in this heated "discussion" myself included should get up from the computer, stop thinking about how dumb everyone else is, and cool down. Maybe then we'll all be coherent enough to come up with a logical solution to solve most of our problems with the fledgling fleet.
                          thanks i agree with you..we should take a break cool down and discuss this like adults

Comment

you better not be calling me an idiot...so how about we pick apart you ships?
                            Bring it on.

Mine are perfectly reasonable and have a hundred different ways to create an interesting story. This isn't about me not winning the vote-This is about YOU creating superships to make up for your own insecurities, which thus totally screws over any credibility this fleet could have. You, FM, and immhotep are fanwanking, inconsiderate jerks who just HAVE to have unbeatable ships that make the rest of our ships superfluous. If you don't know what that means (which seems to be the case), it means that you guys make our reasonable ships UNNESSECARY. If you guys don't shape up, pretty soon, you're just going to have your superships in a fleet nobody wants to be a part of. Then you can be as self-important as you want.

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
                            Don't you dare try that Nox crap with me, pal! "Everyone's to blame, let's all sit down and sing kumbayah". **** that! You know I'm right, that they are wrong, and still you go with it!

Comment

Bring it on.

Mine are perfectly reasonable and have a hundred different ways to create an interesting story. This isn't about me not winning the vote-This is about YOU creating superships to make up for your own insecurities, which thus totally screws over any credibility this fleet could have. You, FM, and immhotep are fanwanking, inconsiderate jerks who just HAVE to have unbeatable ships that make the rest of our ships superfluous. If you don't know what that means (which seems to be the case), it means that you guys make our reasonable ships UNNESSECARY. If you guys don't shape up, pretty soon, you're just going to have your superships in a fleet nobody wants to be a part of. Then you can be as self-important as you want.

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Daryl Froggy

Don't you dare try that Nox crap with me, pal! "Everyone's to blame, let's all sit down and sing kumbayah". **** that! You know I'm right, that they are wrong, and still you go with it!
                              ok are ships aren't fanwank....nowi think you should read the forum rules shut up and show some respect, Daryl was trying to diffuse the situation and we've been perfectly civil with you now your gonna ruin a nice idea and get the thread shut down soon so find a nice way to talk about it

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
                                Bring it on.

You're the best.Everything you say is trum . hallowed are you. If you're so in love with yourself why don't you create your own fleet with your ships. So you will have your perfectly reasonable fleet and you can live happily ever after.

Comment

Working...
                                X