This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicators learning from ancients

I was thinking about when Thor said that they had extracted information from an ancient repository and i presume it is kept in the computers on their old homeworld and on their ships. Also the replicators have advanced through eating technolgy and learning from the asgaard computers therefore they would have come across the ancient information. I know their is alot of info but the reps do seem very intelligent and surely they would use some of this information what do you think.

Yeah possibly. Perhaps the reps just can't use it
    __

__

Comment

Well they learnt from the asgaard and they quickly learnt how to make aphosis ship go alot faster.

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure they know some Ancient things but haven't actually used it!
        __

__

Comment

Sort of like a new wing of the library slated to be open in the near future
          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Yeah, possibly!
            __

__

Comment

Maybe they'll ascend to the robot plane on existance and leave us alone

Comment

I doubt even the replicators can utilize all of the Ancient's information, even if they did get their cold, metalic little claws on it. I don't think they're advanced enough to store it, let alone use it.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I agree. They probably don't understand it
                  __

__

Comment

I'd also agree with the Replicaters not understanding the Ancient information. If the Asgard have been studying it for so long and they've been unable to dig deeply into it, and assuming the replicaters took a lot of what they learned from the Asgard, then the replicators may trying to study the Ancient library for a long time. I'm not sure if the replicators are even good at learning and evolving without the help of consuming more knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                      Yeah, I'm sure they know some Ancient things but haven't actually used it!
                      That's a scary thought. The replicators, who are bad enough on their own, with Ancient tech?

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                        I'd also agree with the Replicaters not understanding the Ancient information. If the Asgard have been studying it for so long and they've been unable to dig deeply into it, and assuming the replicaters took a lot of what they learned from the Asgard, then the replicators may trying to study the Ancient library for a long time. I'm not sure if the replicators are even good at learning and evolving without the help of consuming more knowledge.
                        Well remember, the Replicators are already a bit more advanced than the Asgard. If it wasn't for Jack whippin out those Ancient skills and stuff, they'd be doomed...

Comment

The basis of Ancient technology is mind stuff. Mind activation..etc... Control through the subconscious..etc... Therefore, how could the Reps use it?

Comment

Well, for one, they could install an entirely new interface.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
                              The basis of Ancient technology is mind stuff. Mind activation..etc... Control through the subconscious..etc... Therefore, how could the Reps use it?
                              The mind is just a series of eletrical pulses. If the replicators can simulate human figures.. why doesn't it stand to reason they could mimick a human mind? Also.. they could probably remove the mind control stuff and replace it with a data channel or something easier for them to use.

FURTHERMORE, the replicators CAN INTERACT WITH HUMAN MINDS AND THEREFORE KNOW HOW THEY WORK. Just watch the season premier for proof of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X