Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ye I dont think she'll be back in any other than a 'supernatural stargatey' way. By that I mean she will not be ressurrected or anything. Perhaps some other dimension? But the mirrour getting destroyed doesn't support that

Comment

Originally posted by Simonthefurling
      Ye I dont think she'll be back in any other than a 'supernatural stargatey' way. By that I mean she will not be ressurrected or anything. Perhaps some other dimension? But the mirrour getting destroyed doesn't support that
      Yes, I think the mirror is destroyed but
      Spoiler:
      I heard of a malfunction of the stargate in Ripple Effect and that the Asgard in the episode too.
      So the only thing we can do is waiting.
      sigpic

Comment

We already know the Stargate can accidentally cause time-travel, who knows what else opening hundreds of wormholes through space could cause...dimensional rifts maybe.

I do hope that Fraiser returns to the show, but not at the expense of Dr Lam.

And we never SAW the mirror being destroyed....heres hoping

Comment

See, occasional time travel when a wormhole happens to connect through a sun at the exact moment that a solar flare is occurring is one thing. But if repeated use of the gate creates time/space distortions, I think it's a bit too much for believability that the SGC would still be operating.

Anyway, here's a question for everyone who's fervently hoping that Fraiser will come back because the time traveling in "Moebius" changed the timeline so that she never joined the SGC: Why? No one else would remember her because in the new timeline, they'd never have met her. What's the point of reintroducing the character as if she's a brand new person? If we get Janet back, I want the Janet who's a mother to Cassandra and a friend to Sam and a well-respected member of the team. Otherwise she's just another random face in the crowd. Not to mention that it wouldn't make much sense for SG-1 to go to bat for her. After all, Lam's been doing as good a job as can be expected so far, and they already know her, as opposed to the newly reincarnated Fraiser.
          Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
          Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
          Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
          Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Ok, thats a thing I have to thought about, but in the first place I'm a fan of Teryl Rothery and I'm glad that she comes back to the show. In the second place I will see how.
            sigpic

Comment

I'd also like to see Teryl Rothery return as a voice artist for an Asgard character again. Everytime I watch Revelations with her voicing Heimdall, I can't help but laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                I'd also like to see Teryl Rothery return as a voice artist for an Asgard character again. Everytime I watch Revelations with her voicing Heimdall, I can't help but laugh.
                Yes, Heimdal is a very funny and very female asgard, I think. Do you know that Teryl not only gave Heimdal her voice, but she played that role too and was replaced with an computer animated image of Heimdal in post production?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Olli
                  Yes, Heimdal is a very funny and very female asgard, I think. Do you know that Teryl not only gave Heimdal her voice, but she played that role too and was replaced with an computer animated image of Heimdal in post production?
                  No, I didn't, but I do now. I imagine there was something marked on her costume to indicate Heimdall's eyeline. Those poor actors...they had to emote, hit their marks, react to things that weren't really there, and then they had to speak to someone's crouch without laughing.

Comment

I think Lexa Diog is a nice person and she gives her best playing her role. But even if they had brought in... Angelina Jolie or Meg Ryan or anyone else as new doctor I would say the same.

In my opinion the way they killed Janet was disrespectful to her. At first that faked death of O'Neill and then that 10(?) second view of Janets death at the end of Heros Part 2. I think it was not fair to a character which was build for seven years, she deserved an better "end". At least in an episode which was centered on her.

By the way, they killed so many roles in the show and brought them back, why should be Janet one who can never come back?

I'm glad they had done it in Ripple Effect and so I'm hoping for season 10.
                    I would have to disagree with you about the way Janet dies as being disrespectful. As a military doctor, her job is to treat the wounded. If that means going to the battlefield to save someone then that's what they do. I think it is the most heroic, and most unselfish act that anyone could do for their fellow man. I don't think there is any disrespect in TPTB having Janet die while performing her duties in the service of her country.

Comment

Originally posted by starellen1
                      I would have to disagree with you about the way Janet dies as being disrespectful. As a military doctor, her job is to treat the wounded. If that means going to the battlefield to save someone then that's what they do. I think it is the most heroic, and most unselfish act that anyone could do for their fellow man. I don't think there is any disrespect in TPTB having Janet die while performing her duties in the service of her country.
                      I mean not the way how she died but the way TPTB brought it on screen. Janets death became less important because someone could thought that O'Neill is the one who died. And no one thought about Janet from this moment on, because O'Neill is a lead character and have a lot more fans who are concerned in his fate.

If TPTB wanted to shock the fans with the possibility of O'Neills death, then they should not done it in the same episode in which Janet dies.
                      sigpic

Comment

She is a CMO(Chief Medical Officer) they dont go out into battlesfields! Thats what medics are for!

TPTB are the ones that wanted her to leave, she didnt. They thought it would spice things up I guess. Too bad they did it a bad way! Janet rocked!
                        "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                          She is a CMO(Chief Medical Officer) they dont go out into battlesfields! Thats what medics are for!

TPTB are the ones that wanted her to leave, she didnt. They thought it would spice things up I guess. Too bad they did it a bad way! Janet rocked!

Agreed!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Loz
                            We already know the Stargate can accidentally cause time-travel, who knows what else opening hundreds of wormholes through space could cause...dimensional rifts maybe.

Cutting Lexa Diogs role a little bit because Teryl returns will be ok for me. And if they dont want do this to Michael Shanks wife then may be Vala is the next one who dies a heroic way?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Loz

Bring an A/U-Janet to the show will be the only chance I see for now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Bring an A/U-Janet to the show will be the only chance I see for now.
                                I guess we'll all just have to wait and see. If anything, I'd at least like to see her back for a few eps in Season 10.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X