Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LoL...People just don't like change. I think Lexa is a ton better looking and she has only been in 5 eps. Give her some time. I didn't like Doc Fraiser the first or second season. But she grew on me. But I can take change with the best of them

Comment

The level of disrepect being shown the new and so far little seen character of Doctor Lam, and in particular Lexa Doig, an actual flesh-and-blood person is just truly appalling. Somedays, I really just shake my head in shame at all this.

-IMF
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gargen
        Olli i love your sig lol but the whole raising someone who has been dead that long might a stretch
        Thank you. But with the internet it is very easy.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
          The level of disrepect being shown the new and so far little seen character of Doctor Lam, and in particular Lexa Doig, an actual flesh-and-blood person is just truly appalling. Somedays, I really just shake my head in shame at all this.

-IMF

I think Lexa Diog is a nice person and she gives her best playing her role. But even if they had brought in... Angelina Jolie or Meg Ryan or anyone else as new doctor I would say the same.

In my opinion the way they killed Janet was disrespectful to her. At first that faked death of O'Neill and then that 10(?) second view of Janets death at the end of Heros Part 2. I think it was not fair to a character which was build for seven years, she deserved an better "end". At least in an episode which was centered on her.

By the way, they killed so many roles in the show and brought them back, why should be Janet one who can never come back?

I'm glad they had done it in Ripple Effect and so I'm hoping for season 10.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
            LoL...People just don't like change. I think Lexa is a ton better looking and she has only been in 5 eps. Give her some time. I didn't like Doc Fraiser the first or second season. But she grew on me. But I can take change with the best of them
            Lexa is hot...and is totally stunning. I find that she is one of the best additions
            to this season. No question her and Beau have chemistry. And Lexa has definite
            chemistry with all the leading male characters as well. I am sure when AT comes back, Lam and Carter will be great to watch!!! This show can't get any better than this!!!!! There are many who love Lexa and are estactic that she
            is on this show. I am so glad the is finally getting more storyline and becoming
            a solid part of the new team!

I just love the new Dr. Lam!!!! As for Doc Fraiser, I can't wait till she meets
            Lam too. Sort of passing the torch...even though she may be from a AU.
            Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

I was never attacking the actress herself its her acting. when she is speaking in medical terms she sounds like she knows nothing of what she speaks just reading scripts. Dr Frasier sounded like she knew what she was talking about Even in the first ep she was in.

Does anyone know why they got rid of Dr Frasier
              hallowed are the ORI

Comment

Perhaps Ripple Effect refers to things that weren't quite right in the whole Mobius time loop eps. Afterall, Jack had fish in his pond.

Comment

Originally posted by elwood
                  Perhaps Ripple Effect refers to things that weren't quite right in the whole Mobius time loop eps. Afterall, Jack had fish in his pond.
                  That could be it they never mention Dr Frasier in s9 mabey it changed to where she never worked at the SGC and is still alive
                  hallowed are the ORI

Comment

Originally posted by randmat85
                    I was never attacking the actress herself its her acting. when she is speaking in medical terms she sounds like she knows nothing of what she speaks just reading scripts. Dr Frasier sounded like she knew what she was talking about Even in the first ep she was in.

Does anyone know why they got rid of Dr Frasier
                    Season 7 should be the last and they wanted to made a dramatic climax by killing off a beloved character. But I think they saw a possible motion picture and decided killing off Janet and not one of the four main characters. Then was the shooting of Heros finished and season 8 was permited. Peter DeLuise wanted to change Heros and let Janet survive I heard but he was overrode.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Olli
                      I think Lexa Diog is a nice person and she gives her best playing her role. But even if they had brought in... Angelina Jolie or Meg Ryan or anyone else as new doctor I would say the same.

In my opinion the way they killed Janet was disrespectful to her. At first that faked death of O'Neill and then that 10(?) second view of Janets death at the end of Heros Part 2. I think it was not fair to a character which was build for seven years, she deserved an better "end". At least in an episode which was centered on her.

By the way, they killed so many roles in the show and brought them back, why should be Janet one who can never come back?

I'm glad they had done it in Ripple Effect and so I'm hoping for season 10.
                      Actually I thought it was a great way to kill the character. She died saving a life, had a child named after her, was honered by her friends in a very emotional way. The premise of the episode was also a good one (though it bothered me in ways...I sided with the film crew every step of the way; something that important, regardless of whether or not it would stay classified for a decade to come, should undoubtedly be chronicled) though the thing that bothered me the most was the convenience of Janet's death and the story Daniel was told about the reporter in Vietnam.

I understand y'all want the character back and since it does seem it won't be flashbacks there's no telling what they're going to do....but y'all have to remember that they're just telling a story and in real life sometimes people we love end up dying. I think it adds a great touch of realism to the show and to just magically bring her back to life would be the disrespect to the character.

Comment

yknow now that you mention it that makes a lot of sense...

Comment

Excellent point!

Potentially, any number of things could be different in this new reality.

Comment

It would be nice to know Janet is alive and well. Even if that fact doesn't mean her coming back to the SGC. I just hate when someone I like gets killed off, you know what I mean? She did die doing her duty, though. For now, I'm going to give our new doc a chance to shine. But Frasier will always be number one in my book.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by FeloniousMonk
                              Actually I thought it was a great way to kill the character. She died saving a life, had a child named after her, was honered by her friends in a very emotional way. The premise of the episode was also a good one (though it bothered me in ways...I sided with the film crew every step of the way; something that important, regardless of whether or not it would stay classified for a decade to come, should undoubtedly be chronicled) though the thing that bothered me the most was the convenience of Janet's death and the story Daniel was told about the reporter in Vietnam.

I understand y'all want the character back and since it does seem it won't be flashbacks there's no telling what they're going to do....but y'all have to remember that they're just telling a story and in real life sometimes people we love end up dying. I think it adds a great touch of realism to the show and to just magically bring her back to life would be the disrespect to the character.
                              The end of Heros Part 2 was great I think too - ok where was Cassie but this is another story - and if the rest of the episode would be that great too I think I could agree to Janets death. I think it is not necessary to repeat what bothers me at the episod again. it is just... it bothers me.

And about the realism, Stargate is not more than a tv-show. It has nothing to do with real life. The firefighters in New York a Heros, the soldiers in Iraq are Heros, even if they have to fight in a - excuse me - sensless war, or the nurse who works in an ER are a heroine.
                              If I want to see the real life I will watch the news but not an entertainment show.

And by the way, there are so many characters in the show which died and came back, why should Janet the only one who could never come back?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Olli
                                And about the realism, Stargate is not more than a tv-show. It has nothing to do with real life. The firefighters in New York a Heros, the soldiers in Iraq are Heros, even if they have to fight in a - excuse me - sensless war, or the nurse who works in an ER are a heroine.
                                If I want to see the real life I will watch the news but not an entertainment show.
                                I never said it was but just because it's a tv show doesn't mean you can't expect touches of realism. They still show us halfway accurate military protocol, don't they? I have no idea why you bring up the comparison with the FDNY or the combatants in Iraq...

It's a story and for any story to be entertaining it has to retain a level of realism. Any story you've ever read, heard, or watched has varying levels of realism. Despite this being a science fiction show, adding that personal realism in losing a close friend brings the audience closer to the story.

The other characters who have died and come back were lead characters. Frasier was never a lead, never got top billing. Supporting characters die all the time and I really can't think of many examples in Stargate where supporting roles are killed off only to come back later in the series.

I understand you like the character and all but sometimes it's best for the story to kill someone off. I've gotten annoyed in the past at losing a good character, sometimes because I like the character (for example, Arturo in Sliders) and sometimes because I like the actor (for example, Jennifer Lien in Voyager). But it's all for the good of the story and the overall impact of the story being told is more important than the individual characters.

Not that I would mind seeing Fraiser back, not at all. I typically don't like seeing characters come back to life because, again, it takes away from the realism, but I liked the character and I think Rothery is very nice to look at on screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X