This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by babaganoosh
    I'm tellin' ya, we've already seen the Furlings. They were the giant aliens in "Crystal Skull". They may have to become somewhat smaller to be in the galactic council or whatever.
    nope that was a Quetzoquatal or however you spell it.

Comment

I know there've been a lot of recent Furling thread's lately, but let me know if this idea has been tossed around before:

A long time ago, a Furling was taking a walk on a nice planet he got to through the Stargate. He's walking by a lake when all of a sudden a snake jumps out of the lake and burrows into his neck. This snake is, of course, a Goa'uld. The Goa'uld instantly absorbs all of the Furling's knowledge and a whole new universe is opened to him. He lures more Furlings back to the planet, and they are taken as hosts. When there are enough of them, the Goa'uld in a surprise attack lead an army of Goa'uld-posessed Unas and take over a Furling outpost. From there the Goa'uld launch an attack against the Furlings using their own ships, which are Ha'Taks, Al'Kesh, Death Gliders and all that fun stuff. Eventually the Goa'uld manage to wipe out the Furlings and inherit not only their technology, but their entire domain as well. And from that starting point they strike out into the rest of the galaxy. Eventually they start running out of Furling host bodies since there aren't enough normal Furlings left to keep up the population. That's when the Supreme System Lord, Ra, finds a new world full of potential new hosts. In a few hundred years most high ranking Goa'uld have switched to using human hosts, which are easier to heal and more visually appealing, while most minor ranking Goa'uld are using Unas as hosts since they are very strong and intimidate the new human hosts. With that switch, the Furlings were lost to extinction.
      Last edited by Lexx; 04 July 2005, 11:31 PM.
      MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

What is this fascination and fixation on Furlings???? I'll blame it on SG-1/SGA withdrawal. People, 10 days and counting.....at least for those in N. America. My apologies to our UK friends.

Comment

. People, 10 days and counting.....at least for those in N. America. My apologies to our UK friends. [/QUOTE]

oooooo thats harsh...i just get my aunt to record em for me n send em over lol

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

Ill get them through other means...

Comment

the post at the top is fascinating i had a similar sort of idea and not to be all big and petty i posted the goa'uld vs the furrlings a few weeks ago but its a good idea and would go a long way to explaining how the goa'uld got their hands on advanced technolgy from being swamp dwelling unas's i love to play around with the idea and since the furrlings were a part of the great alliance it stands to reason the technology was shared between them and so things like the ring transporters bear a reseblance to ancinet technology over the centuries.
              nice
              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Furlings?...What are Furlings, never heard of them before.

If they actually ever introduced the Furlings, there would be alot less threads about them.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                  Furlings?...What are Furlings, never heard of them before.

If they actually ever introduced the Furlings, there would be alot less threads about them.
                  With all the hype Id say the majority of ppl would be dissapointed. The furlings have been built up so much that it would be impssible for the writers to come up with a race to meet everyones expectations,

Comment

I think it's cool that we haven't met them. And as for the idea above, I think it's cool but not really possible. I mean, if Earth could beat the Goa'uld, then someone of the level of the Four Races, shouldn't be able to so easily lose. Unless, you weren't looking for a fight.
                    'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

maybe the furrling empire met an enemy far darker than either the wraith or the orii, its certainly a mystery to the where abouts of em.
                      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Yes kids, that's right! It's GateWorld's official FURLINGS thread! It may just be the least mentioned (in the show) and most asked about topic in Stargate history.

With so many threads asking about those loveable, fuzzy little aliens coming up on such a regular basis, we're consolidating. All current Furling threads will be closed and pointed here. All future Furling threads will be merged with this one.

What do we know about them?
                        The Furlings were mentioned by the Asgard in Season Two's "The Fifth Race." They were one of four great races that were in the ancient alliance, along with the Asgard, the Nox, and the Furlings.

In Season Six's "Paradise Lost," SG-1 discovered a transporter arch that is probably Furling technology, since the writing found there matched known Furling script (see "The Torment of Tantalus").

That's it. That's all we know.

Have we ever met them?
                        No.

Will we meet them in the future?
                        Quite possibly not. The writers may choose to make fans giddy as little school girls and do an all-Furling episode one day, but as of this post's writing, there are no known plans.

Then why invent them at all?
                        As the producers' story goes, "The Fifth Race" writer Robert Cooper liked the ring of "The Fifth Race" a lot more than "The Fourth Race." We'd met the Nox and the Asgard, and established in "The Torment of Tantalus" that the ancient alliance had four member races. He needed a fourth (humans are the fifth), so he came up with a funny-sounding name.

Read more about the Furlings in The Stargate Omnipedia!

Comment

Oh yea *happy dancing* now this is what I call a Furling thread

Comment

I guess I will be the first to start this off. I can only imagine that we will see the Furlings in the 2nd installment to the big screen for Stargate. But what do I know......Oh.....I know how to poke myself in the eye!
                            Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1
                              Now I feel stupid.....I know how to lie also.....Probably cause I am a Furling!.....I'm cute, cuddly , and know one knows where I am. Except my landlord.....but she is crazy!

Oh you poor dear little furling

Wants some ice cream? Not like a good ice cream to cheer up a little furling like you

Comment

Before you post here check these threads to see if the topic has already been covered:

You guessed it: Another Furling idea
                                Furling idea...
                                Furling historic presence on Earth
                                Furling speculation
                                Furling help
                                Furling Repository
                                What Myth should the Furling be?
                                furling plot
                                My new plot thread of the downfall of the alliance. Yup, Iv got it in for the Furling
                                The Furling Mystery Finally Solved!
                                Why aren't they finishing the Tollan, Nox, Furling, and Ashen story ARCS????
                                Startling new Furling Info!

Lots more Furling threads here
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X