Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yah, i know, those races are just the nicest, wow i sound like a Brady Bunch kid...
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Aren't they just. I like the one that was willing to trade everything for heavy water. That was great
      __

__

Comment

Whatever happened to Daniel's allergies and sneezing? Did that ever come up again after the early episodes?
        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Yah, i was wondering where those went!

Comment

Funny you shoul mention this. They've never shown again since Children of the Gods
            __

__

Comment

Maybe it would have been an annoying thing to continue, i for one wouldn't want to see Daniel sneeze in every episode...

Comment

Doc Fraiser, a fellow sufferer, proscribed him ungodly doses of antihistamines. Who knows, maybe they also found a new and better antihistamine on one of their early missions.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Maybe... If they did, its sad it didn't get a mention.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                    ...and I'd better not see Apophis again...
                    How can you say that?

Edit: 200th Post! Super-soldier, huh? ::gets out his energy weapon bracelet of doom::
                    sigpic

Comment

Whats wrong with seeing Apophis again? Haha...

Comment

Originally posted by MadEyeTed
                        Sorry - that was a much shorter post in my head...
                        Hate it when that happens.

I agree with you...we don't need to see the Furlings. I always figure we did "see" them in Paradise Lost and they're gone. Or maybe they're off doing something more interesting than messing with Goa'uld and silly humans. After giving them a name like the "Furlings", I doubt the image would hold up to our imaginations anyway, so they're better off left alone.
                        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                        once done, cannot be undone...
                        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                          Funny you shoul mention this. They've never shown again since Children of the Gods
                          Actually they were mentioned again in Broca Divide. His medication was the reason he didn't change at first. Which led to the cure.
                          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I am personally glad they haven't mentioned the Furlings, and hope they don't. I read people complaining about them being introduced with no intention to be used, but in reality i doubt they had a plan for any of the races in the beginning, then developed the as they went along. The fact that one race isn't seen makes sense since the Asgard and Ancients reside in another galaxy, it's likely the Furlings do too. I wouldn't be surprised if the alliance of 4 races was an alliance of the most powerful races of all 4 galaxies, and while the Ancients and Asgard, and possibly the Furlings came in to conflict with other races, the Nox decided to avoid that fate and hide away from conflict.

I wouldn't mind the Atlantis team finding out more about the Furlings though, perhaps leading to another spin-off about a team going to a different galaxy to study Furling technology and things, that could have a totally different feel to SG-1 and Atlantis, and although could be classed as similar in concept to Atlantis, i would probably say it would be more of an SG-1 crossed with Atlantis feel, with there being an SGC based in this other galaxy.

Perhaps this will never happen, but I like how lots and lots of Furling technology and information has not been featured in loads of episodes, as our galaxy is not the centre of everything, unlike how Earth IS the centre of the Ghould(no idea on spelling) culture, which is why they are the central element of SG-1.

I also don't mind a number of things fromt he past not being mentioned. Wile some do have merit I find it easier to assume they have been contacted, simply not in an episode since nothing imortant has happened. I'm sure Daniel has visited his grandfather who is probably emersed in studying the culture of the planet, however, since it has no relation to anything else going on, it isn't mentioned.

Spook
                            spook

Comment

The next spin off needs to be completely different, but not forget the Stargate beginning.

Personally I like the Jaffa Rebellion, but that seems to be more of a mini series or a set of TV movies over years than a show idea.
                              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Thanks for the info bcmilco
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X