This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john82410
    i don't know if we are going to see the furlings. i mean we are out there now and we really haven't run into them. we found that door way thing from season 6, and all the people they found were long dead. so my point is if the asgard haven't interduced us to them yet, maybe they aren't out there anymore. what do you guys think?
    Sorry but i dont think that is a fair way of knowing if something is out there. By the meaasure you are using you would have to say we should have seen these new wnwmies earlier because we were out there. The only reason we know of the asgaurd is because of the episode 5th race, and the fact they had holo-communicators of other planets. Maybe the writers just dont really wish us to know all races that we have heard of it will give a bit of mystery to the show and make you want to watch and find out. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by American3.141592654
      I agree, about the point that the four races didn't mix that much that you'd find furlings hanging out at Atlantis, and that you wouldn't find nox hanging out on Thor's ship and so on.... They might meet up and get along well but they probably wouldn't live on eachother's planets all that much... So, the big slobbering beasts from Fur would be hangingout on Fur or a planet they colonized or even a planet that was a meeting place for all the races or two races including the Furlings but not Atlantis... Now there may be furlings on a planet in the same galaxy but probably not Atlantis...
      Well, we still don't know why the alliance collapsed as it seems to have done, so don't really know the reason for no intermixing, but it's very well possible that they may've in the past; after all, people all over the world congregate to particular large cities all over the world, so maybe likewise was the same in the prime of that alliance.

That said, we'd likely not discover any in Atlantis, because we'd have discovered evidence already; but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that maybe they left more of their trash around Pegasus than they did the Milky Way, or maybe even clues of where they are now. There may still seem to be little evidence of that even, but remember how long it took to discover the clues the Ancients had left behind on SG-1.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Right, I've got a new crazy idea. What if... There's something in the Atlantis database about the Furlings. And they send this info back to Earth so that they can find them or at least find what's left of them? The producers said that the content of S9 will not be expected though, maybe we've already met the furlings?
        WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

MCKAY: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.

SHEPPARD: I shot him.... In the leg.

WEIR:

Comment

From a website far far away......

the planet or skeletons that scattered the ground in the episode paradise lost had some relation to the furlings! Perhaps there dead?

If anyone has ever read this let me know. I can't even begin to remember where I read this info!

Comment

Originally posted by MylesSGC
            Right, I've got a new crazy idea. What if... There's something in the Atlantis database about the Furlings. And they send this info back to Earth so that they can find them or at least find what's left of them? The producers said that the content of S9 will not be expected though, maybe we've already met the furlings?

I ALREADY STATED THAT WE MIGHT HAVE ALREADY HAVE MET THE FURLINGS BUT NOBODY LISTENS TO ME SIGH.That said maybe the furlings evolved on the same planet as the ancients.Its possible.As for the fur part maybe fur in their language isnt hair but somthing else?

Comment

Like i've said before I still think that the furlings know who we are but as yet havent revealed themselves to us. Like the Asgard did, In '5th Race' were we meet the asgard, they tell us that they have been monitoring us for years and see great potential. Why cant the furlings be doing the same? The creators have to seriously address the whole furling situation, everyone has wanted to see them since we first heard about them. But more than likely by keeping them away from us the creators knew that it would be a big storyline in the future which they could address randomly to suprise the viewers and keep them watching.

What I would like to see is a episode were the Asgard call for a meeting to discuss the new enemy in season9 and a way to address it. Then thor can go : I would like you to meet the Ambassator of the Furling Nation. (SHOCK HORROR lol) personally i would love this to happen.

Anyway we will just have to stay tuned and keep out ears to the ground for any leakage of info

Comment

they are going to look human ofcourse

1. Ancients - the 1st us.
                2. Asgard - looked similar to us.
                3. Nox - us with dreadlocks
                4. Furlings - PINK GIANT DINOSAURS... hmmm it just doesn't fit in.
                The 5th... Humans

Comment

RDA jokes about them being little ewoks or something doesn't he? in paradise lost. Then citizen joe, the writers are trying to fool us and reveal them to be something totally different.

Comment

Bah! I am tired of the Furlings. Hell, they've never even been used on the show, and I am already sick of them.

Comment

What about the Aliens in season 2 Spirits. They were powerfull, humanoid enough for the skeletons on the planet in season eight, and they said they defeated the Goa'uld on that planet. I believe these could be the furlings, and heck they can transform themselves into Ewoks or bears or monkeys or whatever we want them to be.

Comment

Originally posted by IRobertus
                        What about the Aliens in season 2 Spirits. They were powerfull, humanoid enough for the skeletons on the planet in season eight, and they said they defeated the Goa'uld on that planet. I believe these could be the furlings, and heck they can transform themselves into Ewoks or bears or monkeys or whatever we want them to be.
                        no because TPTB have said we have not seen the furlings yet, and the skeletons in "Paradise Lost" were defenately human.

Comment

While who ever those spirits were would woop the asgaurd in two seconds including wraith ancients and others (maybe ancients) dude they take brown bear form immune to P-90 and boom in one nod they take sgc from planet or atlantis hiveship asgaurd mothership then kill them. plus they can go anywhere because they go other demention then repapper somewhere they want. And i bet those were two spirits like hermets not the whole species.
                          P.S
                          Wraith woop cause replicators organic ships that too advanced for stupid block heads
                          Last edited by Wraith_King; 04 March 2005, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_King
                            While who ever those spirits were would woop the asgaurd in two seconds including wraith ancients and others (maybe ancients) dude they take brown bear form immune to P-90 and boom in one nod they take sgc from planet or atlantis hiveship asgaurd mothership then kill them. plus they can go anywhere because they go other demention then repapper somewhere they want. And i bet those were two spirits like hermets not the whole species.
                            P.S
                            Wraith woop replicators organic ships that too advanced
                            first off what is "woop"?

second the "Spirits" aliens didnt have any special technology that gives them an advantage over the Asgard. the clap their hands together and beam things away. the asgard push a button and beam things away. they either morph their form or, mor likely, use some kind of holographic technology. id be willing to bet given how advanced asgard tech is they could make a holographic projection of a brown bear

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
                              I believe they are really the ancesters of Chewy from Starwars.
                              In a galaxy far far away i mean the asgards are in ida we are in milkyway ancients Pegases and nox well hopfully they will move to different gallxy to make my post fit
                              Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                              McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn Mallory
                                Just like we can have some evil Ancients, I am sure there can be evil Furlings as well. The only sort of evil Asgard that we have seen was Loki in Season 7's Fragile Balance and there were too few Tollans (and they were a bit ambiguous in term of whether they are good or bad with the exception of Narim) to really have evil Tollans. The same is probably true with the Nox.

Who knows? Season 9 sure give the writers plenty fo opportunity to introduce the Furlings, maybe both good and evil.
                                I wouldnt say Evil maybe a little Mad scientist
                                Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                                McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Working...
                                X