X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qasimjavid
    Could be but theres no way to prove it

Why dont we just ask the asgard where the furlings are or maybe daniel will remember

Frankly, I'm wondering WHY we haven't asked the Asgard yet. But I suppose we've both been rather busy...lol
    thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Originally posted by Grin
      Hey did they say that in the show or did you just think it?, i can't remember thew episode much.
      They never actually say that, but from all their research they gathered, it was a Furling colony. Jonas even said the writing everywhere was Furling and that the technology from the portal wasn't Asgard, Goa'uld, or Ancient. It had to be the last of the Furlings. It was supposed to be an Utopia, but a Goa'uld came and introduced that plant that made them kill each other.
      "Thats O'Neill with TWO L's!"
      *Jack holds up three fingers*
      ------------------------------
      Anubis' Jaffa: "No matter what you've previously endured. You have no idea what Anubis is capable of."
      Jack: "You ended that sentence with a preposition..... Bastard!"

Comment

maybe it was just an outpost
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

No. It was a Utopian society that the Furlings created. Remember, The NID rogue faction found an old description of it with a weapon cache and wanted to go there. They stole Prometheus to do so, but were stopped by SG-1. Harry later picked up on what they were doing and learned of the weapon cache capable of stopping the Goa'uld, which is the main reason why he went.
          Anubis' Jaffa: "No matter what you've previously endured. You have no idea what Anubis is capable of."

Comment

I wouldnt think they would look like humans as we already have the tauri the jaffa and the ancients looking like humans so maybe they are furry.....

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard_loki
              I wouldnt think they would look like humans as we already have the tauri the jaffa and the ancients looking like humans so maybe they are furry.....
              Humans are descendants of the Ancients and Jaffa are derived from Humans. Jaffa were originally humans, but the Goa'uld used genetic engineering to change them into a completely different species. The Asgard were originally humanoid in form and the Nox look human also, except for their hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain-Peregrine
                I always thought they would look like those critters on...drat! WHat's that episode...the one where the ship is burning the planet for the other aliens...anyway, I thought they would look kinda like those dead aliens. Creepy/cool buggers, they were. lol.

Hope someone knows what I'm talking about.
                Lol i know which episode you mean, the one with the crazy balding robot guy in the ship that was burning the entire planet, what happened at the end of that episode? i've forgot

Comment

I think that the Furlings would be creatures with feathers all over their bodies but stand upright like man. Their faces look pure-like. They can physically fly with the speed of light ( just the way the ancients go up in a puff of smoke ). They of course speak tons of languages included lower animal languages. They can anticipate a thought not really read minds. Highly intelegent of course but you wouldn't that if you saw them.IMO that is what I picture the Furlings to be.

Comment

One nice step. However after all weve done I think we have succesfully bridged the gap. I mean if it wasn't for us there would be Replicators everywhere and the Asgard would have ben wiped out.
                    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
                      so that would mean the Furlings are still good guys.
                      Where did you get any information that said they went bad (which is what you are implying) - I might of missed an episode? Or are you just making somnething up because thats what you want to see?
                      Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid

Comment

I think most people were just thinking that since we havent seen them yet. Also it is because the new enemy was supposed to be able to kill the goa'uld and the replicators. season 8
                        Spoiler:
                        but now we have found out the new enemy is evil ancients

Comment

Originally posted by Excalibur
                          I think most people were just thinking that since we havent seen them yet. Also it is because the new enemy was supposed to be able to kill the goa'uld and the replicators. season 8
                          Spoiler:
                          but now we have found out the new enemy is evil ancients
                          I do see your point there
                          Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid

Comment

Just like we can have some evil Ancients, I am sure there can be evil Furlings as well. The only sort of evil Asgard that we have seen was Loki in Season 7's Fragile Balance and there were too few Tollans (and they were a bit ambiguous in term of whether they are good or bad with the exception of Narim) to really have evil Tollans. The same is probably true with the Nox.

Who knows? Season 9 sure give the writers plenty fo opportunity to introduce the Furlings, maybe both good and evil.
                            I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by MylesSGC
                              K, getting back on to the topic Why would the furlings be in atlantis anyway? It being an ancient city and all, the Nox and Asguard have never really mixed, well certainly not in any episodes I've seen, so why would the ancients and furlings mix any more. I'm sorta drifting towards my insane suggestion that maybe they come from Fur or a planet that begins with Fur... I've got a sorta image that they look human, and are sorta like us Earthlings ( ) But clever, sorta ancient like but friendlier

I also think they'd be really pissed that we think they're furry

I agree, about the point that the four races didn't mix that much that you'd find furlings hanging out at Atlantis, and that you wouldn't find nox hanging out on Thor's ship and so on.... They might meet up and get along well but they probably wouldn't live on eachother's planets all that much... So, the big slobbering beasts from Fur would be hangingout on Fur or a planet they colonized or even a planet that was a meeting place for all the races or two races including the Furlings but not Atlantis... Now there may be furlings on a planet in the same galaxy but probably not Atlantis...

Comment

i don't know if we are going to see the furlings. i mean we are out there now and we really haven't run into them. we found that door way thing from season 6, and all the people they found were long dead. so my point is if the asgard haven't interduced us to them yet, maybe they aren't out there anymore. what do you guys think?

Comment

Working...
                                X