This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MylesSGC
    Thinkin about it, havn't they uncovered all of the parts of Atlantis now, also, if they were in stasis then Weir would have seen them when she went back in time in 'Before I Sleep'
    WEll the ancients were alredy planning to leave when weir got their maybe they were alredy in stasis

Comment

Why would Furlings be at Alantis in the first place. It was an Ancient city. Plus there wold have been some mentioning of them in Before I Sleep. Also no Ancient was going into statis so why would the Furlings.

I think if we see the Furlings at all its going to be in SG-1 not SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
        Why would Furlings be at Alantis in the first place. It was an Ancient city. Plus there wold have been some mentioning of them in Before I Sleep. Also no Ancient was going into statis so why would the Furlings.

I agree with that... If we see them at all it'll be during an episode of SG-1 not in Atlantis, however while it's far more likely they could pull a fun switch on us and reveal them as being in another closer than milky way galaxy like the Asgard are to the milky way galaxy (close enough to reach them with a bump in power from a staff weapon instead of a ZPM) and thus they could even be aware of but not interact with the wraith or not like the wraith but not be overly agressive with them sorta like the asgard were with the gua'uld... Of course that's unlikely because the writers could probably do better than that and it would be a bit cheesy to repeat the dynamic of the SGC with the Asgard with the Atlantis team and the furlings.... Of course if the Furlings were entirely unaware of what happened they'd be a funny advanced race to run into... "Didn't you notice when the Ancients haven't talked with you for a few millenia?" "We just thought they misplaced our number.." "Didn't you even notice we call them Ancients and not atlantians." "We thought that the name Ancient was just more trendy than 'Atlantian'." Haven't you looked at what was going on in this Gallaxy?" "We just thought it was a really cool heavy metal concert when we saw all those scary looking idiots killing everybody... I mean if the milky way galaxy is allowed to have soccer hooligans then why not a few homicidal rock musicians in yours?" "Do you realize how stupid that sounds?" "Well now that you mention it, yes, however in our defense we haven't been at war with anybody and have been working to further our understanding of realities and time and the fabric of the universe. Also our weapons may be a bit underwhelming these days cause we haven't worked to further develop them and actually they're probably out of batteries... Tell ya what, how about if we go back to the drawing board and make some NEW weapons?" and then you have an advanced race who needs to catch up in the weapons race... That's be interesting... Bah, just brainstorming... To bad that from that it seems like there's no lightning..

Comment

for all we know ... the furlings may of turned bad ... and may be the new all powerfull enemy in season 9 ...

Comment

... I dunno...

Whenever I think of Furlings I think of them being furry like Ewoks

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I think the Furlings look like cats, <Check the handle>, and therefire I believe they would have about the same temperment as them. Like, an advanced version of our feline freinds. Scientists have proven housecats are almost as smart as people, and that the only reason they can't speak english <Or any other human langage> is because their vocal cord's are wired wrong.

Following that tangent, IF the Furlings are felines, like cats, and have the same temperment, I think they would have stayed in the Milky Way. Cats aren't very fond of change, and are also very independent. Also, they are accepting of anyone at first, you have to lose a cat's trust, not gain it first. So that jive's with the whole 'Paridise' idea. They would have made a place where all races could come togeter, if worthy, and just... chill.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox

Well it was just a theory and I never thougght it the most reliable.I think the second one is.I have on the other hand had a new idea. Mybe weve alredy met the furlings and just dont know.After all we have come acrossed a couple of advanced races and didnt know there name like in Fire and Water.

Comment

Originally posted by spartan 117
                  Well it was just a theory and I never thougght it the most reliable.I think the second one is.I have on the other hand had a new idea. Mybe weve alredy met the furlings and just dont know.After all we have come acrossed a couple of advanced races and didnt know there name like in Fire and Water.
                  Yea, there was that race, but Daniel thinks that they are the ones who opposed the Goa'uld on earth, and that they sided with the ancient Babylonians. If that was the case, wouldn't they still be around, opposing away???

On another thought. Why didn't ANY of the numerous Asguard we have encountered tell us about the Furlings and why we haven't seen them yet??? If they were allies, wouldn't they have, oh, I don't know, spoken? It's funny, thats what.

I think the Furlings may have gone over to the 'dark side' and no one wants to discuss their fall from grace.
                  Last edited by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats; 25 February 2005, 11:07 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

Spoiler Season 6

I thought the Furlings died out. In Paradise Lost Maybourne took Oneill to the hidden Furling community and they had all been driven insane by the Goauld. The goauld developed a plant when it was eaten by the Furling the Furlings went nuts and killed each other.
                    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Originally posted by Kirath
                      Spoiler Season 6

I thought the Furlings died out. In Paradise Lost Maybourne took Oneill to the hidden Furling community and they had all been driven insane by the Goauld. The goauld developed a plant when it was eaten by the Furling the Furlings went nuts and killed each other.
                      It wasn't the Furlings who died, rather, it was all the people they invited to their little paridise. They said a Goa'uld did it, probably because it was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
                        Yea, there was that race, but Daniel thinks that they are the ones who opposed the Goa'uld on earth, and that they sided with the ancient Babylonians. If that was the case, wouldn't they still be around, opposing away???

On another thought. Why didn't ANY of the numerous Asguard we have encountered tell us about the Furlings and why we haven't seen them yet??? If they were allies, wouldn't they have, oh, I don't know, spoken? It's funny, thats what.

I think the Furlings may have gone over to the 'dark side' and no one wants to discuss their fall from grace.
                        I'm finding all this dark furling stuff a little hard to believe. Partly cause I imagine the furlings as lookin a little like ewoks but without clothes and it's hard to imagine evil ewoks running around...
                        WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

MCKAY: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.

SHEPPARD: I shot him.... In the leg.

WEIR:

Comment

I think all the races were once all in MW.
                          The asgard left to Ida and took a few stargates with them.
                          The Furlings probs did the same.
                          And only the Ancients know the addresses.

Think about it, no one else knows any extra-galactic adresses.
                          The Nox for the most part are probs in another galaxy too.

And what about the ship the replicators took a hold of and assaulted Apophis's uber ship when they crossed galaxies ?
                          The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

It seems most likely that the Furlings are either extinct or in another Galaxy. Although it seems odd that if they were still alive that they aren't hepling their allies (the Asgard) fight the Replicators. They're probably extinct like the Ancients. Maybe they ascended. I highly doubt that a member of the Four Races would be the new enemy in Season 9.

Comment

Maybe the Furlings could live under the waters of Altantis or on Earth. Just a thought.
                              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

I don't think the skeletons were furling, i think they were human as mentioned above. The only things in the episode which were said to be furling were the devices that transported them to the "paradise".

Comment

Working...
                                X