This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whistler
    They could be the ancestors of (or) the new enemy in Season 9. A species equal or more advanced than us, that wants to destroy us. If this is the case we probably wont encounter the furlings at all.

I doubt that any one that was an ally to the asgard, nox, and ancients would be are enemy. It was shown that the Furling were not evil in pardise lost. Why would an evil people create a paradise and allow others to come. If we do meet them they will probably be aloof like the asgard and the nox.

Comment

Well i hope there aint gonna be evil furlings
      Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
      McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

I'd put my money on Kai ael. Ya know, Lieutenant Tyler? I think if it was any of the races we've seen, it would be his. But that's my guess.

P.S. I LOVE this little face! It's so Cute! --->
        Still Smiling,
        ^_^,ll..

Comment

Hmm, I'd say that they're either the reole or the 'grace' aliens. the reole seem like good furlings, though. they're passive, just like the nox.
          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

TPTB have specifically said that we havnt seen the furlings yet. we were supposed to see furling skeletons in "Paradise Lost" but due to production costs they changed it and just made them human skeletons. we can really speculate all we want, but seeing as TPTB have specifically said we havnt seen them yet, and im pretty sure there was an interview with J mallozzi where he actually said the writers dont even know what they look like yet, no race we have seen so far is them. thats not to say that they cant recon and make one of the unnamed aliens we have seen such as the "Grace" aliens or the ones vala was dealing into the furlings, but personally i despise retconning and see it as a creative cop out.

Comment

Out of all them, we left on good terms on the aliens from "Spirits" - If anything the furlings would be the giant aliens from crystal skull. As for the next bad guy.. lets see what TPTB pull out of theirs hats

Comment

I don't think the furlings would be the grace aliens just becuase they were soo mean, just shooting for no reason and abducting the whole crew also they weren't much more advanced than us i would say, sure they had the beaming technology and such but hey may only be about 100 years ahead like the aschen or something but if they couldn't get themselves out of the predicament but carter could so they wouldn't be a very old race
                Oneil: You ended the sentence in a preposition, you ba$tard!

Comment

The Asgard arn't aloof. Thats kind of the reverse actually. They have been in a war with the Goa'uld and defending many different Human occupied planets for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
                    The Asgard arn't aloof. Thats kind of the reverse actually. They have been in a war with the Goa'uld and defending many different Human occupied planets for many years.

I agree, the asgard aren't aloof they're more or less trying to save the innocent and remember over advancing artificially a given people would also destroy them by destroying who they are. With great power comes great responsibility and thus what is needed is great maturity remember. Plus why do the Furlings even have to be in the same galaxy at all? Why can't they be in a completely different galaxy than the asgard the Ancients or anybody else? maybe we never meet the furlings. Perhaps they never find a good way to do this... Or perhaps the furlings have advanced futher along than even the ancients did in ascending but rather they have transformed past space entirely and exist in the non-existence between realities or something else, OH, or perhaps they could be hyper beings... that'd be cool... hehe... Oh well, it's just something that'd be fun...

Comment

Hmm, I like both those theories, but here's another really far fetched one. What if the furlings actually ascended? Wouldn't that be fun. Or, what if they're still in the Milky Way but are like the Nox and don't want to reveal themselves. Also what do they look like is the big question in my mind. I keep imagining a furby type creature, and then I think, they couldn't really be technologicaly advanced. I really hope we find out in Season 2 or Season 9 SG-1!!
                      WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

MCKAY: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.

SHEPPARD: I shot him.... In the leg.

WEIR:

Comment

It VEEEEEEEEEEEERY unlikly there are furlings in stasis in Atlantis
                        Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                        McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Originally posted by Steam
                          It VEEEEEEEEEEEERY unlikly there are furlings in stasis in Atlantis
                          Thinkin about it, havn't they uncovered all of the parts of Atlantis now, also, if they were in stasis then Weir would have seen them when she went back in time in 'Before I Sleep'
                          Last edited by MylesSGC; 25 February 2005, 01:54 AM. Reason: Spelling Error
                          WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

MCKAY: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.

SHEPPARD: I shot him.... In the leg.

WEIR:

Comment

Although those people from prometheus unbound are not the furlings IMO, but i thnk they are the new enemy
                            Spoiler:
                            this would explain why Vala is in the first 5 episiodes of season 9

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

I think I saw the Furlings. In fact, I have a little stuffed one. Although I did see them when I was watching Star Wars.

Look! A whole group of them!
                              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

I have a feeling that we will not see the Furlings any time soon.
                                Spoiler:
                                I have heard a rumor that there is going 2 be new bad guys hence the focus on the ancients in season9. I will say no more.
                                There is no spoon

Free your mind

Comment

Working...
                                X