Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Nox need new shampoo like in that one shampoo commercial...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

This subject has been discussed to death. There are about 5 other topics about this if you look around.

Comment

People discuss The Furlings and theories about the Ninth Chevron to death. We may never know. They probably will leave them out so we can interpret them how we'd like.
        "Thats O'Neill with TWO L's!"
        *Jack holds up three fingers*
        ------------------------------
        Anubis' Jaffa: "No matter what you've previously endured. You have no idea what Anubis is capable of."
        Jack: "You ended that sentence with a preposition..... Bastard!"

Comment

Originally posted by user 4574
          alright, we've met the asgard. neat little fellas right? ... we've met the nox, they might need a shower or two, but their alright too ... we always hear about the ancients especially since stargate atlantis is pretty much based around the whole ancient thing

what is really getting me mad, is that we have almost nothing about the furlings. except from that one episode, we know absolutley nothing. what would be nice is to see the furlings in pegasus with stargate atlantis. maybe like the asgard, where they pop up every so often and help out. i dont know, i just want to hear about them so more.
          Old skool, old skool, old skool. This thread is like the 9th I've seen about the Furlings in Season 9 and in Pegasus. zzzzzzzzzzzzz. It won't happen. The Furlings are a dead issue, unless they surprise us.

Comment

Originally posted by Klorel
            Metarock sam Cronus was greek. He was in Double Jeopardy, not Camulas. Daniel said that Camulas was the Celtic god of war.
            Cronus was a Greek Titan. More powerful than the gods.
            "Thats O'Neill with TWO L's!"
            *Jack holds up three fingers*
            ------------------------------
            Anubis' Jaffa: "No matter what you've previously endured. You have no idea what Anubis is capable of."
            Jack: "You ended that sentence with a preposition..... Bastard!"

Comment

Wasn't it Furling tech in that episode that stranded O'Neil and Maybourne on that moon a short while back ?

Comment

I think it may have been.
                The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

I think that in season with the introduction of a new enemy that the four race and us should take them on in like in massive attack and the G'old should be involoved somehow.
                  i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

The logical explanation to the absence of the Furlings in SG-1 is the fact that it is a plot-device.

We've been told that there was an advanced alliance; Furlings, Ancient, Nox & Asgard.

We've met 3 of these races. The fourth remains a mystery and it adds to the viewer's suspense.

If Stargate just gave you all 4 races, it would be unrealistic. Things happen randomly as the universe travels towards a greater degree of entropy. We, as the viewers, dont need to see the Furlings for Stargate to be a great show. It's a great show because we dont see the Furlings. It makes Stargate all the more realistic. It shows how insignificant SGC is compared to the other powers. It destroys stereotypes and episode constructions like "SG-1, SG-X and SG-Y go to a planet. Find an Ancient Tech. Jaffa Attack. SG-1 survives attack and escapes while SG-X * SG-Y die."..

It makes the show really interesting. We've already seen Furling Tech (Paradise Lost) and we dont need to see anymore. Its better that we might accidently gradually find out more of the Furlings without meeting them, but we really dont need the Furling.

SG-1 rocks because everything Carter may say isnt always true. She has been proven wrong. It has that realism to it.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator_am
                      The way I understand it, the Romans were actually very akin to the Goa'uld, they conquered and incorporated into their own civilisation, they did this in particular with Greek gods, many Roman gods are Greek ones with a different name! Also, as far as i can remember, it has never been explained from a Celtic point of view. The Asgard were impersonating the Nordic gods, Thor, Heimdahl etc but the Celtic gods haven't been shown, (I think Camulus was a Celtic god but don't quote me on that).

In reality I don't think that we'll ever get to see the Furlings although I'd really love to.

Here's hoping...
                      Sry about the celtic thing. I was tired, and it was a typo

Comment

I have been thinking about the Furlings alot and I think there are two good theorys.

1.The furlings were good friends with the ancients and when the ancients left for pegusus the ferlings went with them and are either in an undiscovered part of atlantis in stasis ala wier In before i sleep or they are in an unvisited planet probably with a lot of zpms.

2.They stayed in the milky way after the ancients left.They may have met the gould and then gone to earth to protect the out post but were distroyed by the gould.This would explain why we havent seen any furlings and also why there was an invite to the furlings paradise in an egyption tomb in Paradise Lost.

Comment

interesting threory, atlantis one more likly, gouald are scavengers they could of picked it up anywhere; the one way the furling will come back is if it in conection with the old allience( either reforming or a ernest planet type thing found)
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

Furling:
                            1. Ewok-like species (fur-ling)
                            2. Goa'uld-Subspecies (furl-ing)
                            Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

They could be the ancestors of (or) the new enemy in Season 9. A species equal or more advanced than us, that wants to destroy us. If this is the case we probably wont encounter the furlings at all.

Comment

Who said it was a race thats coming up? Why not, more likely, and individual?

I joined Stargate August, so I don't know how this works really, but every season they say they have a new enemy do you all say furlings?

Comment

Working...
                                X