Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that fans would be disappointed. We know absolutely nothing about them, and all 200 did was play on the fact that Furlings made them sound like Ewoks. The most disappointing thing would be that their name does, or does not suit them. I'd be disappointed they are Ewoks, others would be disappointed they aren't Ewoks. That's about it really.

sigpic

Comment

Space hamsters!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
        Space hamsters!
        or space monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Hekate View Post
          or space monkeys.

Or they could be 10 foot tall lizzard people

Personally I would like to learn more about them even if we don't see them on screen.
          Last edited by Control_Chair; 21 February 2010, 06:27 AM.
          "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
          "That he is concealing something."
          "Like what?"
          "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
          "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
          "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
          "I liked that movie!"

Comment

I'd love to see the Furlings. It is my personal opinion that they are somewhat closely related to the Nox. I am of the opinon that the "fur" part in their name is just what their true name sounds like in the Tau'ri language. ; ) It has nothing to do with them having or wearing fur! I like to think of them as being a very sophisticated and developed race with similar traits as the Nox and Asgard. They were in this great league with these great races (including the Ancients) so I just feel that it is quite likely they are of a similar type of people. I know this doesn't go for everyone and like others have said, probably anything TPTB do with the Furlings is going to be not exactly what the fans are hoping to see. I do love the mystery of them though!
            Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Since furling is a notical term, i would think that they would be a sea based race. With an ocean based planet. But then amarosa's people were ocean based..... hmmmmmm....

Comment

aquatic space hamsters?
                sigpic

Comment

If we learn anything I'd like it to be nothing more than tidbits. The mystery has been going on for so long that I wouldn't want to risk destroying it by a reveal that might not live up to expectations.
                  Last edited by KEK; 04 March 2010, 05:38 PM.

Comment

If anything, they better be fury! It's about time we get some cute aliens!

Comment

Originally posted by FightforAtlantis View Post
                      If anything, they better be fury! It's about time we get some cute aliens!
                      Adria was cute
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                        Adria was cute
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          Adria was cute
                          And quite beautiful! Morena Baccarin FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            And quite beautiful! Morena Baccarin FTW!
                            Hehehe. Methinks that that character's mom was hotter (and had cuter antics).

I still say: Furlings = miniature giant space hamsters!
                            "Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                              Hehehe. Methinks that that character's mom was hotter (and had cuter antics).

I still say: Furlings = miniature giant space hamsters!
                              "Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!"

Exactly!!
                              sigpic

Comment

it'd be really cool to see an episode based around the Furlings but I don't see it happening now that SG-1's over.

Comment

Working...
                                X