This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
    I thought the galaxy was called Othalla and the planet was Halla.
    Mabye i missheard.
    Exactly my point the quote I had from Daniel & Dr. Weir was when they were planning on going to the Asgard. When Sam & Teal'c drop out of hyperspace Thor is close to Halla's former sun.

What about that strange fishlike alien from SG1 season 1, the one that kidnapped daniel and kept asking, what fate amoroka, or something like that.
    Alot of people think that too & there are certainly worse theories.
    Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

I always though that salish spirits (season 2) were the most likely candidates to be furling. I mean being able to turn into animals (or many other forms) is the closesed we've gotten to the "fur" part of the name. Also we know that they defeated the gould on that planet, are more than a thousand years old (atleast as a people) and apperantly could destroy the entire SGC without any visible technology.
      And, possibly most of all, they could freaking make people disapeer with, literaly, just a wave of their hand (on in wolf form - with just a glance towards the target), those are powers on the level of nox raising the dead (and they also seemed to be able to heal their own in a similiar way like the nox).

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

^The problem is, however, we've never seen the actual Furlings before according to TPTB.

WEIR
        Isn't the planet you're talking about in another galaxy?
        DANIEL
        Othalla.
        That can be interpreted two ways. He might have merely stated the name of the planet. If it's interpreted to mean the galaxy, it contradicts The Fifth Race.

What about that strange fishlike alien from SG1 season 1, the one that kidnapped daniel and kept asking, what fate amoroka, or something like that.
        He's an Oannes.

Comment

i think that the furlings looked like normal humans that were really smart but then got themselves killed

:D:P *sarcasm and humor are essential to ones life cycle* :p:D

Comment

Actually the irony of it is that Furlings are hairless. I thought that was common knowledge.
            sigpic

Comment

I believe we end up seeing furling tech in that episode where mayborne and jack get teleported to another planet. And mayborne goes crazy. Anyone see that episode recently?

by commander of the uss capricorn

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
                We've got indications, however. The fact she built the replicators.
                We know that the furlings aren't human. Why would they build a human android?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander of the USS Capricorn View Post
                  I believe we end up seeing furling tech in that episode where mayborne and jack get teleported to another planet. And mayborne goes crazy. Anyone see that episode recently?
                  i have and yeah it is furling tech, and that's the only time furling tech is ever seen from memory. according to maybourne they "threw it all to live in paradise" which i'm assuming means they got rid of their technology

Comment

They created the paradise for humans, not themselves. Anyway, I still think the aliens from Crystal Skull are the Furlings. First of all, if they're a post-Plague race they are simply too advanced to have escaped the notice of the Four Race Alliance, perhaps even more advanced than the Asgard. Secondly, they do not pre-date the Plague, because they are enemies of the Goa'uld. Thirdly, the episode Arthur's Mantle made a connection between them and the Ancients. And finally, they played a role in creating a major Earth mythology.

Why would they build a human android?
                    Who says she's modelled after a human? It could be an Ancient...

Comment

Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post
                      i have and yeah it is furling tech, and that's the only time furling tech is ever seen from memory. according to maybourne they "threw it all to live in paradise" which i'm assuming means they got rid of their technology
                      I almost wonder if "paradise" is supposed to be ascension???
                      Any takers?
                      It's doubtful though. I hope we end up seeing furlings in universe. And I hope they're kickass

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
                        They created the paradise for humans, not themselves. Anyway, I still think the aliens from Crystal Skull are the Furlings. First of all, if they're a post-Plague race they are simply too advanced to have escaped the notice of the Four Race Alliance, perhaps even more advanced than the Asgard. Secondly, they do not pre-date the Plague, because they are enemies of the Goa'uld. Thirdly, the episode Arthur's Mantle made a connection between them and the Ancients. And finally, they played a role in creating a major Earth mythology.

Who says she's modelled after a human? It could be an Ancient...
                        I dont think its them, just because they are advanced dosnt mean they'ed be part of the alliance, they may have been asked to join but said no. If you mean by escaped the notice of the alliance, in that theres no info about them, mabye there is in the Asgard and Ancient database, we just havent found it yet

Why do they have to pre date the plague to be enemies of the Goa'uld?

Im gonna watch Arthurs mantle and see what you mean.

EDIT: Just watched it, the two dimensions are different and theres only a couple of references to the crystal skull, the tech is just similar.
                        Last edited by Ukko; 25 March 2009, 08:56 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I know what happened to the Furlings...

Spoiler:

The created artificial life which rebelled against them and wiped out their entire civilization. However, a handful did escape the holocaust - about 50,000 total. After being pursued across the galaxy and numerous battles, they finally ended the war with their enemy and settled on a planet populated by a race of beings without any technology nor language. They then interbred with the local population. Then about 150,000 years later...
                          The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

We all know that the creators of SG-1 have NO clue what the furlings are..they just threw in a random name.

AND even though people are gonna say this thread has been done already...i dont care...those threads are dead, the last posts being 5 years ago...

I think the furlings should be something totally new..i had a dream where they were lizard people, walking upright like humans and they were very arrogant and ate giant bugs....

IF they turned out to be giant fuzzy fury critters that laughed a lot and fired posies from their kitten-class battlestations i would be somewhat annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                              those threads are dead, the last posts being 5 years ago...
                              Four days actually, by my count
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                                I know what happened to the Furlings...

Spoiler:

The created artificial life which rebelled against them and wiped out their entire civilization. However, a handful did escape the holocaust - about 50,000 total. After being pursued across the galaxy and numerous battles, they finally ended the war with their enemy and settled on a planet populated by a race of beings without any technology nor language. They then interbred with the local population. Then about 150,000 years later...
                                ...talk about leaving us hanging. I have to know!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X