Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if the Furlings are actually the Giant aliens from 'Crystal Skull'?

If so, they would have ties to earth's mythology.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
    Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Rider View Post

Hmm. A friend of mine suggested that too, but it doesn't seem to fit, since the Giant Aliens did not seem very concerned with technological advancement.
      Wraith Humour. I has it.

Comment

Originally posted by Heqet View Post
        Hmm. A friend of mine suggested that too, but it doesn't seem to fit, since the Giant Aliens did not seem very concerned with technological advancement.
        Neither did the Nox.

Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

In the commentary for "Paradise Lost", it is mentioned that the episode was to originally feature Furling skeletons. However, these skeletons proved too expensive to manufacture, so human skeletons were used.

In other words, Furling physiology differs so greatly from human physiology you cannot just modify a human skeleton to make it look Furling. Thus, there's no Furling DNA in us.

The camp in "Paradise Lost" was also "human size". In other words, everything in it was the same size of the average human. The paradise was built by the Furlings for the Furlings. There's no reason for them to built it at a 1:10 scale.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
            In the commentary for "Paradise Lost", it is mentioned that the episode was to originally feature Furling skeletons. However, these skeletons proved too expensive to manufacture, so human skeletons were used.

In other words, Furling physiology differs so greatly from human physiology you cannot just modify a human skeleton to make it look Furling. Thus, there's no Furling DNA in us.

The camp in "Paradise Lost" was also "human size". In other words, everything in it was the same size of the average human. The paradise was built by the Furlings for the Furlings. There's no reason for them to built it at a 1:10 scale.
            Okay, you got me, the giant aliens probably aren't the furlings.

Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Okay, you got me, the giant aliens probably aren't the furlings.
              Well they still could be, I mean before anyone knew what an Asgard looked like Thor used a Human like hologram to represent himself, so I guess it's possible those Aliens in the episode you mentioned could just be using that image to represent themselves in a similar way to how the Asgard did, especially if they aren't particularly tough physically.

I still think rather than TPTB just coming up with some random new races that have no connection to SG1 or SGA it would be better if they expanded on previously featured ones and gave those people who want some of the story holes filled what they want.

Comment

Hey everybody, I thought I'd mix it up a little bit by taking a stab at my version of Furling technology.

First I tried my hand at a Furling environmental suit. It allows the user to move in any number of harsh environments. From the most dangerous of planets to the coldest reaches of space.

The next is just a little idea I had. Small probe like devices which follow the user everywhere they go. They can be used for analysis, communication, defense, or even as weapons. If your a reader of DC comics than it is quite an homage to Mr. Terrific.

Comment

A closer look at the personnal drones. I was thinking that, when desired, the user plucks the device from the air around them. And like a puzzel twists it into the desired pattern. Than to activate, the proper buttons need only be pressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                    Well they still could be, I mean before anyone knew what an Asgard looked like Thor used a Human like hologram to represent himself, so I guess it's possible those Aliens in the episode you mentioned could just be using that image to represent themselves in a similar way to how the Asgard did, especially if they aren't particularly tough physically.

I still think rather than TPTB just coming up with some random new races that have no connection to SG1 or SGA it would be better if they expanded on previously featured ones and gave those people who want some of the story holes filled what they want.

Really I hope the Furlings are not the Mist Aliens, would be better if they never had anything to do with earth, unlike the mist aliens had mayan links.

Here is something out of the box for you guys TheGadmeer. Gadmeer could be Furling in Asgard and Ancient perhaps...thought id throw it out there tis a bit wacky!

Grace Aliens are my top bet though, last living Furlings on that advanced ship

Comment

I thought the Gadmeer might be, but why would they go by a different name?

I really like the idea of the 'Grace' aliens, but why did they just attack? Perhaps they're like the lost tribe Asgard?

Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

I thought the Gadmeer might be, but why would they go by a different name?

I really like the idea of the 'Grace' aliens, but why did they just attack? Perhaps they're like the lost tribe Asgard?
                        Gadmeer like I said maybe different name in different languages but its a long shot at wouldnt work anyways id imagine.

Simular yes with the Grace Aliens im thinking there Ship is Advanced Enough for the last of there Cizilisation to live on without risking being destroyed by outside threats.

Comment

The Dragon in Sg1s Camelot was a Furling... a BABY furling O.O
                          Like legendary dragons they take human form and meddle with human affairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
                            Really I hope the Furlings are not the Mist Aliens, would be better if they never had anything to do with earth, unlike the mist aliens had mayan links.

Here is something out of the box for you guys TheGadmeer. Gadmeer could be Furling in Asgard and Ancient perhaps...thought id throw it out there tis a bit wacky!

Grace Aliens are my top bet though, last living Furlings on that advanced ship
                            Yeah I like the idea of the Grace aliens, the only thing is that ship didn't appear to have shields though and I would have thought a member of the Alliance would be able to construct a shield generator or emitters.
                            Maybe that was just one of their scout ships, with their mother ships being like 10 times the size, really powerful or perhaps the one in the episode just wanted to show it's power by using PDL to take out our most powerful at the time.

I must also add that the Crystal Scull guys could still be a kind of Furling hologram that they use to disguise themselves.
                            Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 05 December 2008, 11:31 PM.

Comment

nahh, not enough time and its doughful theyl be in sgu

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon_Heart View Post
                                nahh, not enough time and its doughful theyl be in sgu
                                Not enough time for what exactly?
                                I don't think anyone mentioned them being in Atlantis here, also I think it has been said within this thread that they could be in Universe, which would be preferable to some random new race that has no connection to the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X