Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well If it were going to be like that it would seem the PTB would have started seeding that plotline by this point. I mean by S2 of SG-1 we knew about the ancients and they had started the plotline in S1. That's the major problem with Atlantis, that they have no friendly advanced races in PG. In the first two years of SG-1 they knew about/met The Ancients, the Tollen, the Nox, the Tok'Ra, the Asgard, and the Furlings. All of those races have been a big factor at some point in the series (other than the Furlings and I guess the Nox since they burried their gate and were basically forgotten after S3). SGA lacks that great ally that could help them keep away the Wraith and Asurans, more legitimatly than the 11th hour crazy plans.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
      Well If it were going to be like that it would seem the PTB would have started seeding that plotline by this point. I mean by S2 of SG-1 we knew about the ancients and they had started the plotline in S1. That's the major problem with Atlantis, that they have no friendly advanced races in PG. In the first two years of SG-1 they knew about/met The Ancients, the Tollen, the Nox, the Tok'Ra, the Asgard, and the Furlings. All of those races have been a big factor at some point in the series (other than the Furlings and I guess the Nox since they burried their gate and were basically forgotten after S3). SGA lacks that great ally that could help them keep away the Wraith and Asurans, more legitimatly than the 11th hour crazy plans.
      i was actually thinking of that after I posted this. And what I came up is this...

The Furlings don't exist anymore. They were whipped out by some plague/alien race. BUT, like the ancients...there technology still is here. However, someone found it..someone bad.

But who? And why are they bad? (lol...using such words is really kind of funny).

Also, another question: How did the ancients make space ships? And why can't the Atlantis team make them? Is it that we don't know how they did it, don't have the ability because of lack of ZPM's? Or...

Comment

I think maybe they just added Furlings as joke and never intended to introduce them. Imagine "The Alliance of 3 Great Races" it sounds better with 4 races. We'll never know until the entire franchise is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
          I think maybe they just added Furlings as joke and never intended to introduce them. Imagine "The Alliance of 3 Great Races" it sounds better with 4 races. We'll never know until the entire franchise is finished.
          It's a possibility, but I dunno...

We will see, though!

Comment

Maybe they just want to keep that originality of the unknown that Stargate has always had, so we don't know EVERYTHING about galactic history

and i could of swarn there was an ultimate furlings thread...
            I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

I'd rather they didn't introduce the Furlings. Considering they were added to the franchise on a whim, I don't think they'd ever end up what people want them to be.

In other words, introducing the Furlings would only hurt the franchise.
              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Eriksen View Post
                we will mete them in sgu
                SO? Thats a game and as far as i am concrened stuff thats not in the TV show is non canon. seeing them in the games will be cool. But i would rather see them in the TV show.

Also if they do ever use the Furling designs from the game in the TV it would be nice if they took the cool look of alien worlds to the films or TV aswell and some of the alien plant life in the concept art looks sweet. Real Star Wars like.
                sigpic
                Banner Made By Me for Me
                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
                  I'd rather they didn't introduce the Furlings. Considering they were added to the franchise on a whim, I don't think they'd ever end up what people want them to be.

In other words, introducing the Furlings would only hurt the franchise.
                  I agree. We need to flesh out SGA as it is now. Adding another race would keep us from getting more information about everything in the show.
                  "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                  'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                  Individuality is freedom lived.
                  'Janis Joplin'

Comment

All my hopes are placed in Stargate Universe.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:
                    President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                    President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                    Forum Charmer
                    Forum Ambassador
                    Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1 View Post
                      I agree. We need to flesh out SGA as it is now. Adding another race would keep us from getting more information about everything in the show.
                      Then a new question...how can SGA defeat the Wraith?

Comment

I think Atlantis is going to probably stick around the Ancients and P-galaxy.

But the new series might be different. Whoever bad guys are may bring the Furlings into the conflict.
                        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                        new enemy of the Ori
                        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

That's what I think
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:
                          Forum Charmer
                          Forum Ambassador
                          Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Originally posted by Kingomon View Post
                            I think Atlantis is going to probably stick around the Ancients and P-galaxy.

But the new series might be different. Whoever bad guys are may bring the Furlings into the conflict.
                            I keep hearing about this..."new show". Are you taking about a third series, or the SG-1 movies, or....

Comment

Stargate Universe -the third series coming soon
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              Forum Charmer
                              Forum Ambassador
                              Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

cant wait for it but more looking forword to the movies
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X