Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have trouble imagining them ending SG1 without introducing the Furlings... I mean, if I was the SG1 team, I would have asked the Asguard to meet them. I mean, at this point it's pretty much 3 down 1 to go (although we havn't seen much of the nox lately). Someone proposed to me that the SG1 feature film would be nifty if it was about the Aliance, and Earth becoming the 'fifth race' (think asguard/nox/ancient/furling reunion). Also putting them in SGA seems a little odd to me for some reason. I think the Giant Alien == Furling would be kind of interesting though....

Comment

Hi, there has been much speculation about what the Furlings are. I propose to look at this old question in a new way:

Most races are shown to have had some impact on civilizations on Earth: Goaulds in Egypt, Asgaard in Scandinavia, Ancients in Rome and elsewhere...

Hence possibly Furlings made an impact on one civilization too... That would include an influence on language, architecture, behaviours, religion of course, litterature, martial abilities, etc etc...

So... which one? Cyprus? Mayas? Sahara? Chamanism? What is not taken yet???
      No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
      I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
      Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Furling God
        Hi, there has been much speculation about what the Furlings are. I propose to look at this old question in a new way:

Most races are shown to have had some impact on civilizations on Earth: Goaulds in Egypt, Asgaard in Scandinavia, Ancients in Rome and elsewhere...

Hence possibly Furlings made an impact on one civilization too... That would include an influence on language, architecture, behaviours, religion of course, litterature, martial abilities, etc etc...

So... which one? Cyprus? Mayas? Sahara? Chamanism? What is not taken yet???
        In "Paradise Lost", Col. Maybourne found some Furling "key" on Earth, but I forgot where he said he found it. THis key worked on the planet they went to in that episode. Dr.Lee and Major Carter worked hard to figure out the tech and it was quite complicated. I'm not sure where Maybourne said he found that device, but it was on Earth. Either thhe Furlings were on Earth, or the Goa'uld brought the device to Earth.

Otherwise, everything else is pure speculation. Since we don't know about the Furlings, we can't possibly know about their language, culture, or architecture, etc.

Comment

I thought for a while that the Sumerian gods may have been Furlings, but it appears they may have been Goa'uld.
          Tripudire est irritus
          Jumping is useless

Nu ani Lunatas
          We are the Mooninites

Comment

i thought those giant aliens were furlings.

Comment

Originally posted by Blend
              They're also good candidates, probably the best we've seen so far.
              Tripudire est irritus
              Jumping is useless

Nu ani Lunatas
              We are the Mooninites

Comment

Yeah, but I don't see references to THAT sort of giants in Earth folklore. There ARE themes that remain unexploited though, and that deserve an alien stargate explanation: Dragons... Dwarves... Werewolves... Witches...

And as far as mythic civilizations are concerned, why not the lost continent of Mu?
                No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
                I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
                Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

In "Paradise Lost", Col. Maybourne found some Furling "key" on Earth, but I forgot where he said he found it. THis key worked on the planet they went to in that episode. Dr.Lee and Major Carter worked hard to figure out the tech and it was quite complicated. I'm not sure where Maybourne said he found that device, but it was on Earth. Either thhe Furlings were on Earth, or the Goa'uld brought the device to Earth.
                  He said it was found in a Pharaoh's Tomb in Egypt, no name for the Pharaoh given. So probably Goa'uld brought it.
                  O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
                  Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

they could have been pojections of ancients, nox or even asgaurd

Comment

I worship the Furlings they are my god! ..... Oh great Furlings please do not strike me down for you are great and powerful gods. HA! HA! HA!

Comment

What if the prehistoric goa'uld that Daniel found in The first ones were actually furlings, and when the evolved into a parasitic race changed their names to The Goa'uld since in egyption that means god.That kinda seems far fetched, but if they did it right, it could be a pretty cool twist. But we'll probably find out about the furlings in one of the movies, that is if they make movies.

Perfecto!

Comment

Hi I have a gain comment for the producers, or the powers that be in the Sg world, or just plain fans, why don't the producers, story writers start finishing off the Tollan or ashen story arcs, its been a couple of years now, and I think its time to finish it off, we last left the Tollan as their world was about tobe destroyed but a few escaped, we last left the Nox a few years ago, nothing more was told but they were really interesting to their connection with the ancient alliance, the Furlings, only brief story connections nothing else, and the Ashen as we doubled cross them, this is possibly the last year of Stargate sg1 and they should definately start wrapping up some threads, come on guys, we need to wrap stuff up!!

Comment

1. The Tollan are mostly all dead. That arc is finished.

2. The Aschen are also possibly dead. That arc might continue, but it's certainly not 'left hanging' (before I get hit by Aschen, I'm not saying they can't come back).

3. The Nox don't really want to deal with us because we're young and dangerous and they are off pondering what to do with their hair next.

4. The Furlings have never been established and I believe are intended to be mysterious.

Comment

Tollan=dead. They said that a few ships fled but the Goa'uld were destroying them as they escaped.
                              Ashcen are stuck on their 5 planet network of known Stargates. They can stay there.
                              Nox dont want anything to do with us.
                              and the Furlings are assumed dead, "Paradise Lost"

and a question. How did we double-cross the Aschen?
                              When you give me a negative reputation posting, usually because you disagree with my OPINION, sign your work!

Comment

Originally posted by RUhunter
                                and a question. How did we double-cross the Aschen?

We gave them 10 stargate addresses. The first of which was a black hole. According to O'neill, they got progressivly darker after that.

You know. We may never be able to dial that address again. If the aschen world is caught in a MASSIVE time dialation field, Their gate might still be active.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X