Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, they turn out to be the exact opposite of furry. They turn out to be grotesque crazy aliens. Or maybe they mean furling as in Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Helo
      Salish Spirits? What are thoes?
      The Salish Spirits were an extreamly advanced race that apeared in the season 2 epissode "spirits"

Comment

my money is still on Martin's people .. nothing has been given one way or the other that the furlings didn't get conquered by the goa'uld.. all we know or rather ASSUME is that they were very advanced.

for all we know that great alliace could of been between 4 races that at the time were the only ones to oppose the goauld and were capable of defending themselves, and not use this rule of having to be very advanced

for everyone saying its no way a race we have encountered, and they are still around and in power... how do we know they didn't suffer the same fate as the ancients? survived but lost the battle due to being out numbered by the goa'uld.
        but i'm going on a limb here and saying that i think the furlings are still in power, not wiped out and are martins people, the planet martin lived on was wiped out, it dosn't mean his entire race was. and those other survivors who go around in the unmarked white vans, they seemed to know a lot more about what happened than martin did since he had his memory tampered with a few times. i think the plot could be martin...
        Spoiler:
        after not being on his meds for so long regains his memory and learns he is a furling
        SAVE SG-1
        www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
        Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Said it before and I'll say it again: "Giiaaannt Aaallliieeenns"

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Wow, I really wouldn't like it if it turned out martins race was the furlings. I mean... I want them to be a wierd looking race. Maybe humanoid in look, but perfectly human! I would be sorta turned off by the fact... The Ancients are like completely human, we don't need two races like this in the great alliance! I would be dissapointed to say the least, but it is possible...

Comment

judging by the new 200 epi photos...

Spoiler:
              they could be the munchkin people in one of the pics
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

my thoughts also...after posting my last post in this thread.... i got to thinking it could be
                Spoiler:
                those kids sitting next to carter
                SAVE SG-1
                www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  the carter in picture looks scaryly more like it'd be replicator carter. also i hope to god the furlings are sum decent ppl that can help
                  not martins loser ppl or them hobbit folk in the episodes pic spoilers.

mind although terrorfing i wud like to see replicators on atlantis, they'll prob wide out the wraith forces like the did the gou'ld.
                  maybe we would have a wraith gou'ld that drains life insted of taken new hoasts.

as unlikly as its looking now them giant aliens looked like the best candidates to be our long lost furling buddies. mind their not fury... maybe their sorta accented but not fully... nah.

none of thats a spoiler but sod it^ XD

SAVE STARGATE!!!!!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

http://strifetv.proboards101.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                    i doubt it the meeting area in torment of tantalus was made for all 4 races. they would have to be able to live in out environment. (supported even more by paradise lost) if memory serves right they needed a sulferic atmosphere of some kind, that doesnt fit the description of those planets. sorry i dont see its possible
                    Excellent point, I suppose they could have some kind of suit or breathing filtration system but I doubt that would be very comfortable for them.

Originally posted by Falcon_06
                    That may not be a Furling since it doesn't have any "fur."
                    I don't think they would necessarily have to have "fur" to be a furling. From what I understand the word fur is a Greek route that means "he protects". I am stretching on that but I found it through Merriam Webster.com.
                    sigpic

Comment

as i was watching atlantis S1 lastnight i came across the Home eppisode and couldnt help but notice how similar the aliens were to the mist aliens in crystal skull, if the crystal skull aliens are the furlings, then its very possible there are some in the pegasus galaxy right? the aliens in home never identified themselves with anymore than "we ARE the mist." if only we know if the mist aliens in home could rise up and take "human form" like the crystal skull aliens.....
                      SAVE SG-1
                      www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

We know that 3 of the races are from different galaxies- (spoiler tags, just in case...)
                        Spoiler:
                        The Ancients come from the Ori galaxy
                        The Asgard come from Ida galaxy
                        The Nox come from Milky Way galaxy
                        So maybe the Furlings come from the Pegasus galaxy? We know the Ancients went there after leaving the MW, but we dont know why. Maybe its because they have an ally there - the Furlings... Maybe (i hope not) they were killed out by the Wraith and thats why we havent heard from them
                        -- Brains12

Comment

As long as they aren't Martin's race I'll be happy. They could be little Furby's for all I care just please don't let it be Martin's race.
                          BRING BACK THE NOX!!!!!
                          Also bring back Jack and get rid of that other guy whatever his name is.

Comment

i agree me thinks that the furlings will be very war like, because thinking logically there needs to be a balance in every team....just look at sg1 you have a technologist (sam) history/researcher (daniel) military etc etc....and in the alliance there was the asgard (technology) nox (had great technology but used it for defence) ancients (technology driven for defence and attack)
                            which leaves the furlings which i think will be very aggressive with their advanced technology

if this makes any sense lol

Comment

I would like to see the Furlings as the creators of the original Goa'uld technology. We all know the Goa'uld were scavengers and stole all their tech from other races, and we know what anchient, nox, and asgard tech looks like, but none of those technologies look like goa'uld tech...so that leaves the originators of the goa'uld stuff to be the furlings.

I also would like to see the furlings as the original creators of the stargates before the anchients. Cause the ancient stargates in Pegasus look a lot different then those in the MW, and could have been an ancient recreation of the original stargates made by the furlings. And the they gates in the MW look somewhat similar to Goa'uld tech, which we just determined to be Furling tech...just a thought...

Comment

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/galler...n10&sid=pic_15

found it at that link, never seen it before, sorry if this has been asked before, this is my first post!!

Comment

Working...
                                X