Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though they have taken at least the first step toward becoming the fifth race. Just a matter of time and seasons now.

Comment

Spoiler:
      C'mon! Don't you guys realize that the furlings are really the tree ferrets that Mitchell mentioned in The Scourge?
      My Depth Is Immaterial To This Conversation...

Comment

Originally posted by Cherriey
        Anyways, I greatly doubt that the Gua'uld could have killed off one of the four races in the alliance. Until Anubis the Gua'uld had just been rather large pests to them.
        The Goa'uld didn't kill them off. Everyone knows that the Furlings fled their home galaxy in advance of an enemy that they knew that they could not stand up against. The Asgard galaxy was the next nearest and it was to them that they fled and sought refuge. The Furling King due to his anxiety and stress misprounounced a few words when he greated the Asgard. In stead of saying "We're in danger, help us", he actually said "We're quite tasty, eat us". Which the Asgard promptly did. It was only in retrospect that they discovered their error and subsequently developed the colored protein blocks in order to avoid making the same mistake again.
        "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Imo they are just going to be referenced or joked about in the 200th episode and not actually feature properly in season 10

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed
            Imo they are just going to be referenced or joked about in the 200th episode and not actually feature properly in season 10
            Like how they gave the Asgard the runs when the Asgard ate them?
            "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

They want us to squirm. The universe is so big and so vast that we possibly cant know everything, that is why the furlings havent been show yet. As for the NOX, they should have an empire. OR maybe they do and we cant see it
              Xtremixt

All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the shadow and the breaking of the world. And him they named Dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
                Like how they gave the Asgard the runs when the Asgard ate them?
                Exactly nothing like a slice of furling and a glass of orange juice to flush out an Asguard's inside's!!!!!!!

Comment

We all have heard about the "missing link" when humans evolved from ape-men. While that theory doesn't fit with the ancients seeding the galaxy, Perhaps the Furlings are the equivilent of that missing link? Homo Erectus timeline ends near the same time as Neanderthals yet much more ape-like.

Purhaps the Furlings are furry ape like humanoids?

Thoughts?
                  Some links http://www.archaeologyinfo.com/homoerectus.htm

http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101.../timeline.html

Comment

No I don't think so. I'm holding out for the Wookies + Ewoks, or anything that makes them look like dogs.
                    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                    Caboose: They could be worse?
                    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed
                      Exactly nothing like a slice of furling and a glass of orange juice to flush out an Asguard's inside's!!!!!!!
                      So you're admitting that you yourself were there when the Asgard were eating the Furlings and participated yourself? Or is it that you kidnapped enough of them to farm Furlings like we farm chickens and cows?

Comment

Click the first link then ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
                          No I don't think so. I'm holding out for the Wookies + Ewoks, or anything that makes them look like dogs.
                          the Ewoks were cool i have no idea why everyone bags them.

As for the furlings, we will never find out what they are or who they are, the producers will simply drag it out and out and out. I remember when i first saw the Reetou/Charlie episode and Charlie walked in all hooded that he was a furling. DOnt ask me why. i just did
                          Xtremixt

All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the shadow and the breaking of the world. And him they named Dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by Noneareleft
                            We all have heard about the "missing link" when humans evolved from ape-men. While that theory doesn't fit with the ancients seeding the galaxy, Perhaps the Furlings are the equivilent of that missing link? Homo Erectus timeline ends near the same time as Neanderthals yet much more ape-like.

Purhaps the Furlings are furry ape like humanoids?

Thoughts?
                            Some links http://www.archaeologyinfo.com/homoerectus.htm

http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101.../timeline.html
                            Whoops my fault should have known to put it in this thread.

Comment

I agree with the others that have stated this, 'I don't believe we've met the Furlings yet.' If their race has not died out (hopefully they haven't) then it is possible we will see them when there is no other way for us to win a battle that will affect multiple planes of existence. The closest I can come to that is our battle with the Ori. Something would have to go even more horribly wrong. Perhaps the Ori will succeed in coming to our galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremixt
                                the Ewoks were cool i have no idea why everyone bags them.
                                Everyone bags them because their skins make such great bags, not to mention jackets, gloves and hats. Now that Princess Leia is no longer fighting for the downfall of the Empire she has to do something with her time. Who would have known that the Force would guide her to discovering the Ewoks and then inspire her to start her own fashion line.
                                Last edited by chyron; 20 February 2006, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X