X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nariam gave the cat back....

But I want the tollan to return aswell.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Did he take the cat back? I never really noticed.
      sigpic

Comment

what about the rheetou (sp)? they've been forgotten about since they were introduced.

Comment

Maybe they are still fighting the Goa'uld?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

"" The aschen knew little about gate travel.

The odds of them knowing that a powerful jolt of energy could make their wormhole jump to another planet after dialing the black hole is slim to none. They probably tried to evacuate...but why would they waste their resources on something like revenge? They need those resources to rebuild....That could take quite some time before they want to get revenge on us.

....or the time dilation is so bad that they are still trying to evacuate their planet. ""

--- There's a couple of problems with your observations, Mio.

Major Carter revealed our knowledge of the Ashen's Treachery after the Ashen by the name of Borren translates the word "STERILITY". Since the Ashen now realize that we had tripped them up, and knowing how patient, careful and methodical the Ashen are when they do things, what in the world makes you think that they will be crazy enough to begin experimenting with 10 "gift" gate addresses on their homeworld? Most likely, they will test these addresses on the Volian homeworld or elsewhere before they start dialing from their home planet, P3A-194.
            What is frightening to contemplate is that by comparing the 10 gate addresses that we gave them to the few addresses that they are already familiar with, including Earth's, the Ashen can use their ultra-advanced quantum computers to compensate for stellar drift and cross-reference their astronomical charts for solar systems that are likely to contain viable living worlds that may contain a stargate. So what, you say? Within a short period of time, their computers will produce a complete address list of the entire stargate network.
            The Ashen's computers are so powerful that they can predict solar flares and convert gas giants such as Jupiter into suns. See "2010" episode

The only saving grace for Earth is that the Ashen, at least to our knowledge, never bothered to double-check on the results of their bio-bomb attack on Earth. We can only hope that the they believe that we were wiped out by the bomb BEFORE we could activate the iris. Of course, the Ashen will interogate ambassador Faxon thoroughly in order to squeeze all the useful info out of him. How much was Faxon briefed on the stargate program? Whatever he knows, Faxon will definitely tell them about our stargate's protective iris.

For all we know, the Ashen may already be sending covert teams of their own through the stargate, stealthy observing & gathering intelligence on other races. They may not be a curious race of people, but they definitely have a tremendous appetite for conquest, and the stargate is the ideal tool by which they can easily satisfy this hunger.

Here's one last reason, Mio. The Ashen have ships that can travel through hyperspace. Stargate dialed to a black hole? No problem, they can put an iris in front of it, then a forcefield around it, load it onto an Ashen vessel, and ship it off to someplace where it won't do any harm. We couldn't do that because... oh yeah, we didn't have any spare hyperspace-capable ships available at the time.

Comment

At least in the cases of Hathor and the Tollan, they are not "unfinished business". They have met their ends, the reluctance of some fans to accept that won't change it.

Personally, I doubt the Tollan will be brought back - but you can bet your butt that Hathor won't be. Apparantly, TPTB (which in this case includes even the cast) hated the character which is probably why they killed her off the first chance they got. So she won't be back anytime soon.
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Devil_U_Know
                Here's one last reason, Mio. The Ashen have ships that can travel through hyperspace. Stargate dialed to a black hole? No problem, they can put an iris in front of it, then a forcefield around it, load it onto an Ashen vessel, and ship it off to someplace where it won't do any harm. We couldn't do that because... oh yeah, we didn't have any spare hyperspace-capable ships available at the time.
                They had hyperspace capable ships? Right, they probably did...
                Last edited by Mio; 07 July 2004, 03:54 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

I have before me starting new evidence that the replicators destroyed the furlings.

Yes! It's true!

This replicator piece was recently found on a planet by SG-3.14159

Dr. Jackson believes it to be the original homeworld of the FURLINGS! However, due to the materials it is made of, and technology it is emulating, it is reasonable to assume that the replicators were the cause of the Furlings demise. So folks, doesn't look like we'll be seeing Furlings.

Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

Looks like something Schroedinger hacked up.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Looks like something Schroedinger hacked up.
                      lol
                      sigpic

Comment

Good one Mio! I guess I'm not the only one into manipulating images, hehehe.
                        sigpic

Comment

SG-Pi, lmfao. Good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                            Good one Mio! I guess I'm not the only one into manipulating images, hehehe.
                            Heh. If i can ever figure out how a replicator goes together, this could get interesting.
                            sigpic

Comment

If the genetic memory of some of these Goa'uld was not finished (for example, Hathor was a Queen and had numerous offspring), then perhaps one thing that could be done would be this:

advanced humanform Replicators in Season 8 capturing some of these Goa'uld, digging into their minds, and learning all the secrets of genetic memory including that of past Goa'uld like Hathor. We could have a Replicator who consumes naquadah (for obvious reasons like using Goa'uld weapons) and who infiltrates major Goa'uld under the pretense of coming back as a revived Hathor or Apophis or whatever -- after assuming the proper form -- and then eventually eating the whole place up to the horror of the snakey-things...... or, if you wanna arc it out, have them rise to power and NOT reveal to the audience that this is in fact a Replicator yet. Alternatively, let the audience in on it so they can squeal with glee while the Goa'uld get hammered.
                              Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                              more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I was always confused about how the Ashen couldnt really use the gate. I mean, they used it to send grain etc. back to their home planet, yet couldnt figure out how to get to other planets?? I don't buy it.

They're so technologically advanced they can predict a solar flare, but they cant figure out the gate co-ordinates for different planets??

as for Hathor, the goa'uld in O'neill died because of the extreme cold. The only reason he didn't die, was because it hadn't blended properly with him yet.
                                So, Hathor, already being blended, would have been killed along with the snake in her head.

The Tollans - I don't think we've seen the last of them. I think that at least a couple got away.

Comment

Working...
                                X