• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiny_McShine
    that over exaggerated transporter we saw in "Paradise Lost.":
    Huh?

Comment

the writers invented the furlings for "The Fifth Race" because they liked the idea of a Great Alliance with 4 races instead of three. When they invented them they never went beyond that in inventing them. Finally due to continual fan demand we were supposed to see Furling skeletons in "Paradise Lost" but due to production costs they were changed to human skeletons. It is likely that because we were supposed to see their skeletons the writers have some idea of what they look like, and since it was going to be a big deal and expensive to create their skeletons, they are probably not as humanoid as the other Great Races. I havent heard them say anything for the last two seasons other than they want to revisit the Furlings but can't work it into a storyline, which is BS IMO, so as of the end of season 6 we have not see anything of the furlings other than their writing and the transportation doorway. Some people specualte that the ship from "Grace" was the furlings, but that is just the same speculation that was used the first 6 seasons for every race we met that didnt have a name. TPTB have said that we arent going to see the Furlings this season, and said "maybe if there is a tenth season" but again that is just their tap dancing BS to avoid having to think and be creative.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
        the writers invented the furlings for "The Fifth Race" because they liked the idea of a Great Alliance with 4 races instead of three. When they invented them they never went beyond that in inventing them. Finally due to continual fan demand we were supposed to see Furling skeletons in "Paradise Lost" but due to production costs they were changed to human skeletons. It is likely that because we were supposed to see their skeletons the writers have some idea of what they look like, and since it was going to be a big deal and expensive to create their skeletons, they are probably not as humanoid as the other Great Races. I havent heard them say anything for the last two seasons other than they want to revisit the Furlings but can't work it into a storyline, which is BS IMO, so as of the end of season 6 we have not see anything of the furlings other than their writing and the transportation doorway. Some people specualte that the ship from "Grace" was the furlings, but that is just the same speculation that was used the first 6 seasons for every race we met that didnt have a name. TPTB have said that we arent going to see the Furlings this season, and said "maybe if there is a tenth season" but again that is just their tap dancing BS to avoid having to think and be creative.
        Nice, well said
        ---Shockwave04----------------------------------------

Comment

I hope we do get to see the Furlings at some point in the show, but it won't be the end of the world if we don't. As some have said before in other threads on this topic, the universe is a big place. All the chaos with the goa'uld and other threats may have encouraged the Furlings to move to a far away galaxy long ago. We may never encounter them, especially if they are on a world outside of the gate system.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
            Why did Joe Mallozi make up the furlings and not planning to bring them on the show?! They could have just made it the three great races........
            Well then they'd be accused of ripping off "The holy trinity"

Comment

I was just wondering will we ever see the furlings? We have seen all the other races that where in that Alliance so many years ago. They dont really mention them that much. We havent seen any great technology yet except for the device that transports Jack and Maybourne to the Utopia. And thats not even as good as the Tollans. Speaking of them will we ever see them again. Since i hardly doubt all of there space ships were destroyed by one mother ship.

Comment

The Tollans were destroyed. The weapons and shields where modified to where the Asgard had a hard time in combat so most likely they were all killed. The furlings will probably never be shown let alone exist.
                "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

They may be seen, they're probably just saving it...they're the only one of the 4 great races we havnt seen. The tollan are most likely all gone. They were technologically superior, but they lacked the ability to think strategically (even more than the asgard). Once their precious ion cannons were gone, they were screwed. Thats the reason that when the US goes to war anywhere, the first thing they do is establish absolute air superiority, then they can do whatever. Same thing happened to the Tollan.
                  The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

If the writers ever bring the Tollan back, or introduce the Furlings, they will have offically jumped the shark.
                    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I see that this bastion of unbelievers and heretics continues to thrive. Beware for your unbelief has consequences.
                      "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Now I have watched nearly all the episodes of SG1 but I was just wondering if I missed an Epsiode that tells what race designed the Quantam Mirror from TBFTGOG because I was watching that episode and the Control Pad reminded me of the controls of the Furling Teleporter in Paradise Lost. Discuss.
                        Regardless of what you all may think I am not Superman!-

Was anyone here seriously thinking that?-

Comment

I dont't think that they ever said who invented the mirror.

Comment

No i have watched that one so many times and no they dont say who made it
                            Stargate SG1 Rox!!!

Comment

Hm, never noticed how the controller looks like the teleporter one, good call. and no, they never do say who they were or are or...is? lol.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

It's an interesting idea however.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X