This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by babaganoosh
    I don't think we've seen them yet but if we had, they are probably the giant aliens in the huge pyramid that Nick Ballard was left with in "Crystal Skull".
    Yeah, they need to play up more with that as well. Is Daniel just going to forget about his poor uncle? But it is pretty obvious that the Myan "Ghosts" are not the Furlings. You can see a skull from a Furling on the ground in that one episode where Jack gets trapped on the moon. They look human enough. But possibly... furry!? Hahaha just kidding. But heck, we just recently found out most dinosaurs were feathered from fossil remains. It might be awhile before we find out if the Furlings had real fur.

Comment

Actually they were going to design some cool looking alien skeletons, but they didnt have the money

Comment

While this subject has been discussed to death, you have avery good idea. No disrespect, but the Orii just seem to make TPTB look like they were running out of ideas. If they wanted Ultra powerful enemies, they could've said that the Ancients taught the Furlings how to ascend. The furlings then became powerhungry and evil. The Ancients were forced to bottle them up, as they did the Haaken. This would explain perfectly, the ancients reluctance to help lower beings ascend. Then maybe Duh-niel (Sorry, ladies) mistakenly releases them.

Frankly I think TPTB needs to pull their heads out of their collective @$$e$ and stop trying to be so stubborn. The only reason they haven't revived the furling story is because of the immense curiousity of the fans.
        1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt'ar
          While this subject has been discussed to death, you have avery good idea. No disrespect, but the Orii just seem to make TPTB look like they were running out of ideas. If they wanted Ultra powerful enemies, they could've said that the Ancients taught the Furlings how to ascend. The furlings then became powerhungry and evil. The Ancients were forced to bottle them up, as they did the Haaken. This would explain perfectly, the ancients reluctance to help lower beings ascend. Then maybe Duh-niel (Sorry, ladies) mistakenly releases them.
          Wow! We should get together and write some scripts. I'm sure most of us know more about the characters than many of the writers. This is a good idea. But why do they even have to be enlightened? Why can't they just be a regular race of techno-villans? Too much philosophy if you ask me. The Asgard have no need for ascention, they probably are too mathmatical to think outside the box into a world of "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?". An Asgard would say "yes, of course." That is why they never ascended, they felt no reason to. They are immortal without shedding thier bodies. But still, to stay on topic, are they not still super powerful? Aren't the Asgard top notch guys? Couldn't the same be true of a set of villians?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpencerLangford
            Wow! We should get together and write some scripts. I'm sure most of us know more about the characters than many of the writers. This is a good idea. But why do they even have to be enlightened? Why can't they just be a regular race of techno-villans? Too much philosophy if you ask me. The Asgard have no need for ascention, they probably are too mathmatical to think outside the box into a world of "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?". An Asgard would say "yes, of course." That is why they never ascended, they felt no reason to. They are immortal without shedding thier bodies. But still, to stay on topic, are they not still super powerful? Aren't the Asgard top notch guys? Couldn't the same be true of a set of villians?
            Yep
            1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

I don't think we've seen them yet but if we had, they are probably the giant aliens in the huge pyramid that Nick Ballard was left with in "Crystal Skull".

For the record. The Furlings probably aren't furry. The Nox aren't made of wood. Get it? Nox, knocks, door, wood?[/QUOTE]
              They could be but I think that they will start to explore with that issue in the rest of the 9 year or 10 or 11 if it goes that far.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt'ar

Frankly I think TPTB needs to pull their heads out of their collective @$$e$ and stop trying to be so stubborn. The only reason they haven't revived the furling story is because of the immense curiousity of the fans.
                [Spoiler] Obviously you don't have Sci-Fi. Daniel DID alert the Orii to the existance of the Milky Way. The Ancients and the Orii were originally from the same race who were on a evolutionary track to ascencion. AND as it turns out Ascended Beings gain strength as the Free Will of non-Ascendeds is surrended to them - which is why the Ancients do not get invovled, the temptation for power it too great. (See the first couple of eps of Season 9 and the mid-season finale)
                "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                  I don't know if they exist it was a joke and Joe said that the furlings won't feature in sg1 again.
                  joe said that theyd do a movie at the end of season 7...
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

I personally believe that the furlings are either:
                    1. extincted (which i so hope not)
                    2. in hiding living in peace and not wanting to deal with the drama of the MW
                    3. Moved on to another galaxy

i think it would be cool to see them featured in a movie. possible pop up as an ally against the orii.. we never really know. the writers may have said that they wont ever be in SG1, BUT if the right story line comes up do you think they would even hesitate to bring them into the show? i dont
                    I am JJ, the Supreme Commander of the Furling Fleet!!!!

Comment

i can see it now.

the furrlings show up and look exaclly human in all ways, there goes the hype!!!
                      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

that would be kinda funny
                        I am JJ, the Supreme Commander of the Furling Fleet!!!!

Comment

Why did Joe Mallozi make up the furlings and not planning to bring them on the show?! They could have just made it the three great races........

Comment

Ok so we've met all the other great races, the Nox, the Asgard and of course the Ancients. Now how we met/ heard of these races relatively early in the course of Stargate SG-1 and now we even have and Ancient city under our control. However why haven't we met any Furlings? Was it just a random species that they thought up just make it sound cool, did the creators just think "hey wait a minute instead of having just 3 y not have 4?" Any way i want to know what they look like or what kind of technology they have besides that over exaggerated transporter we saw in "Paradise Lost." So i'm just throwing it out there so if you got any ideas about what they look like. i think they could look like the nibblets from Futurama or it could be ironic they could look dead big and beasty

Comment

I think they probably looked like giant versions of Gizmo from "Gremlins".
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Furlings? Sound cute and fuzzy to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X