X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im thinking ewoks

Comment

Here's another Thread on this topic http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=9400
      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
      sigpic

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but I've ALWAYS known "lings" to be kinda hairy.

Comment

Heck Guys....if TPTB just wanna do the quick easy cheap write-off on all things Furling, all they have to say is that the Furlings are those Aliens posing as the Native American Spirits in Episode: "Spirits" Season 2

I do not believe the "Spirits" Told O'Neill or anyone what their Race was called, and the episode was before "the Fifth race" So they could just pull out a "Those were the Furlings...See not Wookies...Nya Nya!!" thing.

Well That's what I would do myself if I wanted a cheap cop-out. personally I still think Ra's "Alien" body from the movie was a Furling. But even then...Not furry.

Comment

Personally, I think that the name Furlings, comes from their planets designation, like Earthlings, it's probably called Furlia, Furl, Furlin, it isn't necessarily the name of their race, but honestly we just donot know, not enough information.

Comment

Ra's alien body looked more asguard to me.
              I think that the Furlings are another human-like race that are just highly technologically evolved.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                Dude, time-warp!
                It’s a Furling plot. Furry and mischievous. There leader is brown and white and named Gizmo.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I never really thought about it before, but anytime Furlings came into mind (which it did early today when i was watching The Nox), little slightly furry creatures came into mind.

Comment

There are many threads, theorys and speculation on the Furlings but to tell the truth we may never know!!

Comment

Even Joe Mallozzi thinks they are...

sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I don't.

I've said several times on other threads that I think it would be hugely amusing if, if we ever get to see them, they turn out to be eight foot, ugly critters with a bad attitude - a direct contradiction to anything their name suggests.

The only reason they're expected to be cute and furry is, as Jack pointed out, because the name suggests it to the subconscious. No reason beyond that says they have to be. Furling could mean 'big honking butt-ugly thing' in...er...Furlingese, for all we know.

Albion
                        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I don't think so either, they probably lost their fur years ago.
                          sigpic

Comment

I tend to think of them as being humenoids that have small patchs of Fur on their bodys thats normaly very soft, but when angry Hard as Hell. I also thing of them as being realy strong, and I mean strong, the kind of strong that could beat and Unas, and Wookie in a fighting match with one punch. But only ever fighting in self-defence, or to keep fit.
                            The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
                            Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Frankly, I've wondered the same thing. And having "fur" in their names doesn't necessarily bring cute, cuddley, furry creatures to mind for me.
                              Last edited by sgatelvr; 09 September 2005, 07:35 AM.
                              Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

Well you gotta take into consideration, language. In "Furling," furling could mean Fur (Great) - ling (Golfers)....Furlings = Great Golfers. For them, the word for fur is probably something else. If there was a species called ****lings, wouldnt mean that they are made of poo.

Comment

Working...
                                X