This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merlin_Ancient
    Ya i think that he could be half ori and falh ancient. We know they lived together at a certain point. What if an anicent man and ori women married and had merlin. And merlin wanted to be more of an ancient but still had characteristics of an Ori.
    the implication was that it was a philosophical difference, not a biological one so how would he be half and half? the ori philosophy was one of seeking power through religious domination and oppression, the Alteran philosophy was of non interference and enlightenment through science and learning. they are pretty much mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
      My reasoning is that Merlin was a Lantian refugee from Atlantis, not an Alteran. As far as we know, the Lantians never came in contact with the Ori, at least not until after they returned to Earth, and learned that they had kindred in the Altera galaxy (that's how the ancient communication device got in the Ori galaxy in the first place).

The Lantians were Alterans. They were just Alterans who lived in Atlantis. It's the same as how Americans and Canadians are both still Human. The reason the ancient communication device was in the Ori galaxy is because the that technology goes back to before the Alterans left there and came to the Milky Way the first time.
      My Depth Is Immaterial To This Conversation...

Comment

I think it was Arthur who was said to be half demon, half human, in that upcoming episode, not Merlin, so it is more than likely that he is half Ancient, half human. The Ancient communicator, was used to stay in contact with the Ori society, probably telling them how to ascend, making their greatest mistake to date.

Comment

Guess we'll all just have to wait for the ep to see how tptb handle this one.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
          X