Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why i stopped watching Stargate SG-1 regularly.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do people complain about the Ancients being shown? Try to remember that its the Ancients who built the StarGates.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
      Why do people complain about the Ancients being shown? Try to remember that its the Ancients who built the StarGates.
      Probably because there have been so many years of build up that there are bound to be disappointments now that we're actually seeing them. I'd say it was inevitable. They were supposed to be greater than humans given the scope of what they left behind but I guess some are less wowed by the fact that they are so human; we're rarely impressed by ourselves.... in scifi anyway.

I think we've been somewhat spoiled by the concept that with time we'll be better, wiser people who don't make mistakes. To combat disappointment I try to think of the ancients as humans with better technology, a bit more knowledge, but the same old flaws. It makes them a little easier to understand.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I can give you a hug if you need one.

Originally posted by The_Tsid.
        I don't know about most. But the reason I like Stargate SG-1 was because of the Ancient Technology. The Goa’uld never had anything impressive, the Asgard had nice ships, but we never saw anything sexy.

But the ancients had a fix for everything!

No Matter what plagued the Galaxy, the ancients had a machine to solve the problem. Then we got to enjoy the twist and turns to find it, and then learn what it does, and how to use it.

My favorite Episodes all include Great Technology.
        The Fifth Race is my all time favorite.
        Absolute Power also a gem.

My interest of course peaked with the mention of the Lost City and the Introduction of Anubis. Now there’s a guy with some sexy technology. Mind Probes, Super Soldiers and of course, his Pimped out Super Gigantor Mother Ship with optional Super Weapon.

I Wonder what kind of Mileage he got on that thing?

That was a guy who knew how to party, and wasnt afraid to flex his technological muscles.

I loved it. Right up to invasion of Earth, and the Ancient Outpost in Antarctica.

Full points for Lost City Part 2.

But Now.
        We got the Ori.

I don’t know about most, but the Ori so far, don’t have any sexy technology. SuperGates and their Ships are not very interesting. More of the Same boring Staff weapons, nothing new.

Their ships better come with Invisibility or at Least a THX sound system to be remotely interesting.

So, I wait for the technology to return.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
          I totally get that. And if not for the Ancients, the humans on SG-1 wouldn't even exist at all. Personally, I really enjoy the whole Ancient/Ori/Ascended storyline. That's why I can't wait for season 10.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The story line is fine, I just hate the confusion it causes in the forums, lol, so I get annoyed with them (Ancients/ascended beings in general). I think the writers need to just explain what being ascended gets you, b/c no one seems to know, then I think I can enjoy the story more.

As is though, the Ancients haven't been doing much for us, no disrespect to them, they did build the stargates etc., but they've had their time and now it's ours, I'm sorta glad the writers havent brought them in recently. There presence is ever felt though, and that's enough for me, a reminder of all that humans can become, inspiring yet korny I suppose.
            Long live the Asgard

Long live my buddy Thor

Comment

Well, if the writing of the ancient would been consitent, it would help.
              If the ancients are not depicted as total irresponsible loosers it would help as well.
              If the ancients are not there to leave the next plot device of doom laying around, it would help.
              The ancients should be more about the sense of wonder, the potential for development.
              Not show us that no matter what cool funky tech we get, we will grow more braindead then now.

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
                Well, if the writing of the ancient would been consitent, it would help.
                If the ancients are not depicted as total irresponsible loosers it would help as well.
                If the ancients are not there to leave the next plot device of doom laying around, it would help.
                The ancients should be more about the sense of wonder, the potential for development.
                Not show us that no matter what cool funky tech we get, we will grow more braindead then now.
                Tru dat... *rolls eyes at myself for just saying, "tru dat"*
                Long live the Asgard

Long live my buddy Thor

Comment

Working...
                X