Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sixteen extreme range "beyond light range" missiles, four point defence railguns turrets sitting smack top of the hyperdrives, and two deployable PBD (plasma beam dishes). All straped to the most meager little gheto living space locheed martin ever designed in two full days and four VASIMR engines with their fuel tanks straped between and a naqudah reactor in the center.
    All rushed into construction in a couple of moths with no real testing or prototyping.

Comment

Ok i think i figured out what it is. Its a Missile Frigate.

Spoiler:
      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Those box launchers seem aufully long, are there engines on their backs?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          Those box launchers seem aufully long, are there engines on their backs?
          No i thought it would be alittle to overpowered with to many engins.

Comment

I've been really sick and had a lot of school work to do so I haven't been able to follow the thread for the past few days or work on my model, but I managed to work on it for a bit tonight.
            Spoiler:

Added some PDWs and missile tubes, windows on the bridge part and the bump on the nose.

I stripped the armour plating that I had on the nose and will be redoing it, and I will be redoing the hangars as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
              No i thought it would be alittle to overpowered with to many engins.
              In that case, i suggest you overhawl those missile batteries, those tubes are meant to be open at the back- or you get a missile with a exploding engine.

Comment

In that case, i suggest you overhawl those missile batteries, those tubes are meant to be open at the back- or you get a missile with a exploding engine.
                What can u see behind it or something?

edit: that was a joke by the way.
                Last edited by FN-P90; 20 February 2009, 04:40 PM.

Comment

What can u see behind it or something?

edit: that was a joke by the way.
                  Huh?

I mean in the box lanucger design, the back is left open as the simplest solution to redirecting missile exaust, you don't need heat resistant vents and such.

Comment

Huh?

I mean in the box lanucger design, the back is left open as the simplest solution to redirecting missile exaust, you don't need heat resistant vents and such.
                    You mean but doors in back for the back blast of the missile so that heat dosnt build up in the pod?

Comment

You mean but doors in back for the back blast of the missile so that heat dosnt build up in the pod?
                      I would recoment just leaving it open, doors add complexity, but yeah, if the exaust gas wasn't redirected it would damage the missile before it got out of the pod and it would heat up the pod.

Comment

I would recoment just leaving it open, doors add complexity, but yeah, if the exaust gas wasn't redirected it would damage the missile before it got out of the pod and it would heat up the pod.
                        Makes sense but ill keep the forward doors. I intended it to be able to pump out 2 salvos of missiles in each pod. Im not sure if making them nukes or not would be making it to strong or not. The ship isnt that big to be honest.

Comment

Makes sense but ill keep the forward doors. I intended it to be able to pump out 2 salvos of missiles in each pod. Im not sure if making them nukes or not would be making it to strong or not. The ship isnt that big to be honest.
                          Well you could use cold gas to push them clear, but it's slower.

Comment

Well you could use cold gas to push them clear, but it's slower.
                            Well i was thinking that once on missile fires the next is put into place from the side instead of being behind it. and closed of by a heat resistant door as well.

Comment

Well i was thinking that once on missile fires the next is put into place from the side instead of being behind it. and closed of by a heat resistant door as well.
                              Too complicated, and slower than cold gas. Cold gas lets you stack missiles wihtout danger, and lets you fire them quite rapidly actualy. The only drawback is extra volume and low initial velocity, which could be dangerous in high vee maneuvaring.

Comment

Too complicated, and slower than cold gas. Cold gas lets you stack missiles wihtout danger, and lets you fire them quite rapidly actualy. The only drawback is extra volume and low initial velocity, which could be dangerous in high vee maneuvaring.
                                Actully in combat i see these ships firing a salvo from a distance. like all at once. then manuvering and joining in if needed. What about a strong air blast like our troops use with those tank buster missles.

Comment

Working...
                                X