This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
    ok....the excaliber looks awesome! check out the virtual fleets i think the excaliber would be a great addition...

you any good at writing specs for your ships?
    Here are the old specs I made up but they are due for an updating. (Excaliber only so far)

And here are some stats for you all. (A note, this ship is set 7-10 years after season 10 of Stargate: SG1.)

Ship size:
    Length - 960m
    Height - 176m
    Width - 480m

Armament:

4 Asgard based pulse cannons
    2 Ancient based beam cannons
    20 heavy railguns
    63 light railguns.
    54 missiles tube with 4 missile each tube. (tube can be reloaded.) Total number of missiles on board 416. 250 are conventional, 70 are mark V nuclear warheads, 70 are mark VIII nuclear warheads, 20 are mark X nuclear warheads, and 1 is mark XIII planet buster.

Ships generator:

The ship is powered by a mark V Naquadria reactor which produces 100% more power than the reactor used on the Daedalus.
    The ship can also be equipped with a ZPM power source which can increases its fire power and shields greatly.

# of fighter yet to be determined but she can carry 2 earth based cargo ship. (similar to the goa'uld equivalent.)

PS what is this virtual fleet you talk of?

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
    Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
      A guy over at DeviantArt pointed me over here so I think I'll share some of my own designs. (some are finished other are still WIPs)
      Spoiler:

heeeeyyyyy!!!!
      Your Mallacore

I just added USAF Ares to my fav. about a week ago.

Nice to see another good modeler come here, hope ya stick around.
      Visit my Website

Comment

Here are the old specs I made up but they are due for an updating. (Excaliber only so far)

And here are some stats for you all. (A note, this ship is set 7-10 years after season 10 of Stargate: SG1.)

Ship size:
        Length - 960m
        Height - 176m
        Width - 480m

Armament:

4 Asgard based pulse cannons
        2 Ancient based beam cannons
        20 heavy railguns
        63 light railguns.
        54 missiles tube with 4 missile each tube. (tube can be reloaded.) Total number of missiles on board 416. 250 are conventional, 70 are mark V nuclear warheads, 70 are mark VIII nuclear warheads, 20 are mark X nuclear warheads, and 1 is mark XIII planet buster.

Ships generator:

The ship is powered by a mark V Naquadria reactor which produces 100% more power than the reactor used on the Daedalus.
        The ship can also be equipped with a ZPM power source which can increases its fire power and shields greatly.

# of fighter yet to be determined but she can carry 2 earth based cargo ship. (similar to the goa'uld equivalent.)

PS what is this virtual fleet you talk of?
        this is the fleet...gateworld virtual fleet 2
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
          heeeeyyyyy!!!!
          Your Mallacore

I just added USAF Ares to my fav. about a week ago.

Nice to see another good modeler come here, hope ya stick around.
          That would be me and yeah I'll be stopping by here from time to time.

Buba uognarf - Looking at that link now.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle

Comment

Well the Ha'tak was one of the first ships I tried when I started doing 3d models a few years ago so it's far from accurate.

I have never tried any wraith designs yet. I've been mostly focusing on tau'ri designs and will for a bit in the near future.
            Mallacore. I look at your DA every once and a while. Your models are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
              Mallacore. I look at your DA every once and a while. Your models are awesome.
              Thanks.
              I guess I'm starting to get a reputation. lol

So I take it that this virtual fleet is a kind of RPG style game?

Comment

Thanks.

Indeed. We make ship models/specs and write battles with them.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
                  Indeed. We make ship models/specs and write battles with them.
                  Ok so pictures to help fill in the imaginary blanks so everyone is on the same level of what you’re talking about in the RPG.

Comment

wow RJB ur a pro !! that excalibur model is awesome.
                    What program are you using?

im really considering moving full time in 3ds max now that im looking at those sweet models. !!!

Green

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
                      wow RJB ur a pro !! that excalibur model is awesome.
                      What program are you using?

im really considering moving full time in 3ds max now that im looking at those sweet models. !!!

Green
                      Thanks and I'm using Lightwave.

Comment

RJB good modelling they really are awesome, i havent actually heard of you because i dont have about over there but you are clearly a great modeller.
                        There is a link in ZakeD's signiture to a site where all of the ships in the fleet plus some of the key storylines are listed or linked too. There is actually 2 fleets but the second one is kinda dead at the moment and the 2.0 version is the one your ships would fit best in to, hope i see you over there.
                        Extrenix i hope you dont move from Sketchup, your amazing in it and i cant get my head around new progams so could miss out on download ure models, how selfish of me but at least im honest.
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

Thanks.

3D of course?
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

boberth2o - Yeah 3d.

immhotep - Well I spend a lot of time at both sci-fi mesh and DeviantART and a large part of models I make at both are SG related so I guess anyone that comes from either may have seen my work.

Here is a sneak peak at a dedicated carrier I have started. (Very early WIP)

Spoiler:

Comment

boberth2o - Yeah 3d.

immhotep - Well I spend a lot of time at both sci-fi mesh and DeviantART and a large part of models I make at both are SG related so I guess anyone that comes from either may have seen my work.

Here is a sneak peak at a dedicated carrier I have started. (Very early WIP)

Spoiler:

Cool, but dont make them too detailed cuz they'll lagg like crazy if they are.

Edit: Whats DeviantART?
                              sigpic
                              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                                Cool, but dont make them too detailed cuz they'll lagg like crazy if they are.

Edit: Whats DeviantART?
                                It's like myspace but for artist.
                                Here is my page http://mallacore.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X