X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my first post on this forum, having joined today. I am looking for:

1. An original starship design
    2. An original one man fighter space ship design

for use in a project. If anyone wants to share their images with me I can then PM them and give them more details about the project. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post
      How bout it manipulates the spin of the sub atomic particles causing the atom to destabilise and release all the energy of the atom instantly, im a chemist, dont do physics, so im not sure about any of that, but if string theory thinks everything is made of strings of energy, maybe their machine causes that energy to violently be released, that could possibly create vast ammounts of energy from limited quantity of fuel, i think theres summot like 6 x10^23 atoms in a mole of gas, each one detonating could be massive in total
      Naquadah Nut, dunno if I ever thanked you for taking the time and effort to share and explain this brilliant, unique sounding process for converting matter to energy. I'm a nonscientist myself, but I know the fields of chemistry and physics overlap, such as in the interdisciplinary field of physical chemistry if I'm not mistaken, going on a slight tangent. I'll be sure to credit you with great ovation for suggesting this method that the other races (except maybe the Nox which we can't be sure b/c we don't ever find out how they power their technology) haven't used yet.

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post
      As i said, chemist, but my understanding of fission is the splitting of an atom say Uranium 235 by introducing a neutron to form Uranium 236 which then rapidly devolves into Krypton 92 and Barium 141 plus rapidly moving free neutrons. What i meant is more like matter/anti-matter anihillation. the matter of the entire molecule rapidly converts to pure energy, and since strings are meant to vibrate to produce charge, mass, spin and flavour, i was thinking they could essentially be set to overload or vibrate on a massive level.

Plus as far as we know they could be manipulated that way, because i dont remember anyone quoting theories on suspending pockets of subspace within a crystal to harvest Zero-Point energy before the guys at Stargate headquarters needed a cool glowing device to get the drones online. and in reality zero point energy isnt that useful in a power generation capacity.
      Agree; while there are current scientists who study the theory of perpetual energy I think I can safely say that we haven't yet developed any theory close enough to explain how we can release this energy. So I think that we can use our imagination somewhat liberally as well, concerning theorizing on what Ill term for now a String Manipulation Device (SMD).

Why isn't channeling zero-point energy so useful to generate power?
      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Time to blow some life back into this thread.

I'm working on a concept Jaffa ship. It's designed as a versatile workhorse for the Jaffa Fleet.

Design Goal:

The main concern with Goauld ships, is that there's a huge gap between the bomber and the main warship. You don't send motherships to protect your borders. Nor bombers. But there's more: A Ha'tak is a full-fledged warship, but also capable of troop transport. It's a design that wants to fill TOO many roles. I am looking to design a ship, that rips such insanities from the design, and distills that goauld technology into a ship that is both versatile and strong.

Technology bases:

The design will NOT be made by the Jaffa themselves. They can't do that. However, they have an ally: the Tok'ra. The Tok'ra have the know-how of ships and technology, have a reasonable capacity to reverse-engineer Goauld technology, and are sufficiently skilled. The Jaffa on the other hand, have plenty of (cheap) workers, and can thus churn out large amounts of ships if needed. My design aims to use more conventional materials for it's construction, and conventional technologies to ensure it is familiar, easy to use and easy to produce.

The Design:

So far, i've made two variations. I'm not sure which i like more.

Design 1 : (Codename: Ash'tak)

Smooth, Ha'tak-inspired design.

Design 2: (Codename: Scarab)

More jagged, edgy design.

Comment

I prefer the Scarab design -- the other is too (in my opinion) needlessly Ha'tak-like.

Pre'tak might be a possible rendition of "Scarab-ship" in Goa'uld, if you like.
          sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Pre'tak huh... mm i'll see if that sticks.

Comment

Update:

added textures (hellofalotofwork), changed textures 6x. added rapidfire guns (6 pieces) and 2 heavy main cannons. changed the nose a bit, added two Tel'tak retrieval bays.

PS: anyone have Tel'tak specs? (size)

Comment

That's looking extremely good so far.

Comment

thank you! much appreciated

Comment

Not bad mate. Are those top turrets echelon-ed so they can fire by each other?

Comment

echelon'd?

Comment

Varied in height so the one in rear doesn't shoot the one in front if you orient them both forward.
                        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

aha.

at least 4 of the 6 turrets can aim forward (without friendly fire ) , need to check the model for the other 2.

Comment

Hello!!

I have some ships that I have been quietly working on.
                            The first is my version of the deep space carrier.
                            http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness.com/DSC/DSC3.1.jpg

The second is my version of a dreadnought.
                            http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....dnoughtv21.jpg
                            http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....htv2bridge.jpg
                            I've checked the links and they are working.
                            Check them out and tell me what you think.

Satnam
                            strength must be balanced with sweetness of temperament

Comment

They look good.. but a little unfinished...

Comment

I'd call it a good start. It's a quite unusual initial shape i must say.

Comment

Working...
                                X