This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
    My old laptop starting going like that... It won't even start most of the time now And one half of the screen is covered in lines of dead pixels
    Mine often takes five goes to get past the bio screen.... & the quality of the internet signal is so freaking weak it's unreal

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

1 km long powered by three rechargeable zpms
      full compliment of drones and an automatic drone building facility
      super soldier suits w/ AI powering them
      5 asgard beam weapons on either side
      built in stargate w/ optional nine chevron dialing
      hundreds of 302s in the bay
      a set of rings and a transporter
      asgard core
      computer accessible ancient knowledge base
      combined power of the five goauld eyes

AND THIS IS COMPLETELY PLAUSIBLE

Please help my dragon grow!

Comment

Originally posted by QueteshRuled View Post
        1 km long powered by three rechargeable zpms
        full compliment of drones and an automatic drone building facility
        super soldier suits w/ AI powering them
        5 asgard beam weapons on either side
        built in stargate w/ optional nine chevron dialing
        hundreds of 302s in the bay
        a set of rings and a transporter
        asgard core
        computer accessible ancient knowledge base
        combined power of the five goauld eyes

AND THIS IS COMPLETELY PLAUSIBLE
        ok....how do you recharge a zpm?
        hundreds of 302's, why not thousands while your pushing the boundaries.

sigpic

Comment

it's possible to recharge a ZPM. don't ask me how insanely much energy it will cost.

Comment

Ukkobot!

It's a transforming robot ...And now I'm making a ship for my robots to live in

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              it's possible to recharge a ZPM. don't ask me how insanely much energy it will cost.
              thank you. it would require lots of energy (probably another zpm full of energy to recharge it) but it is possible, and as we know tecnologys improve over time with add ons and such and revisions by the people who made it so in time we may see a rechargeable ZPM

And PS: merlin 1701, the entire stargate show is about pushing the boundaries

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                Mine often takes five goes to get past the bio screen.... & the quality of the internet signal is so freaking weak it's unreal
                i had one where i had to go through a 1 hour long hard drive removal, cleaning, optical drive removing, cleaning the whole inside and the whole process JUST to attain a 1 in 5 chance of getting to the actual os. the screen was so messed up i could barely see and there was the occasional spark shooting out the side cause of broken ground wire inside

Comment

(probably another zpm full of energy to recharge it)
                  more. it would require more than the total energy capacity of a ZPM to recharge it

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    more. it would require more than the total energy capacity of a ZPM to recharge it
                    Curse you, Laws of Diminishing Returns! *shakes fist* In other words.. Recharging a ZedPM isn't worth it because you would need more energy than a ZedPM is capable of producing in order to recharge it... and if you had the ability to generate that amount of energy why would you waste your time on recharging? It would be easier just to use your clearly superior energy generating device to power your ship directly..

Originally posted by QueteshRuled View Post
                    (probably another zpm full of energy to recharge it)
                    That's not really recharging though... it's more transferring the energy from one ZedPM to the other... and why would you use a ZedPM to recharge another ZedPM? Why not use the full ZedPM to power your ship and use the other as a paperweight?

Comment

It would be easier just to use your clearly superior energy generating device to power your ship directly..
                      unless your vastly superior energy technology is nowhere as small and useful.

say, the entire powerproduction of a planet.

or, an Icarus planet. recharging a ZPM that way makes them the ultimate battery.

it's likely the Ancients had big, bulky and powerful reactors (like whatever powers an Aurora) and used it to produce ZPM's.

Comment

fine then simple modification a ZPM builder. though i see everyones point no way should zpms recharge.

Comment

*posts a link*

Comment

fine then simple modification a ZPM builder. though i see everyones point no way should zpms recharge.
                            why not? there's a massive difference between allowing a ZPM to recharge and actually recharging it successfully. i believe a Threshold is present which has to be crossed, so really you need a ton of energy regardless.

and if you have that ton of energy at your disposal, recharging a ZPM is not that big a feat. nor a big uber problem or so.

it looks like the Enterprise. meets flying saucer.

Comment

still though its easier to just make new ones. and hamenthotep remind me why i wasted time on that vid?

Comment

There's no need to be mean about it..

Comment

Working...
                                X