Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what's happened to LS-A? it's gone....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
      Anyone know what's happened to LS-A? it's gone....
      it had an update its back up i told them they shoulda sent a forum wide email but i guess they didnt

Comment

What about old school ships? Airships? Steampunk? Has nobody thought of that?

Don't tell me you can't see this

as a floating [steampunk] city!
        We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, through argument and debate, but, most of all, freedom of will.
        —Alteran Woman

"It annoys me that the burden of proof is on us. It should be 'You came up with the idea, why do you believe it?' I could tell you I've got superpowers, but I can't go up to people saying 'Prove I can't fly' They'd say "What do you mean 'prove you can't fly?' Prove you can!"
        —Ricky Gervais

Comment

what?

Comment

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
            what?
            What do you mean?
            We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, through argument and debate, but, most of all, freedom of will.
            —Alteran Woman

"It annoys me that the burden of proof is on us. It should be 'You came up with the idea, why do you believe it?' I could tell you I've got superpowers, but I can't go up to people saying 'Prove I can't fly' They'd say "What do you mean 'prove you can't fly?' Prove you can!"
            —Ricky Gervais

Comment

same question goes for u

Comment

Originally posted by kernl sandrs View Post
                What about old school ships? Airships? Steampunk? Has nobody thought of that?

Don't tell me you can't see this
                [IMG]http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2010/024/4/f/Lost_City_of_the_Ancients_2_by_Animaniacarts.jpg[/IG]

as a floating [steampunk] city!
                PH has... once or twice..

Comment

—Alteran Woman

—Ricky Gervais

Comment

Originally posted by kernl sandrs View Post
                    I see you approve..

Comment

Let me translate for everyone...

sandrs, is that your model of Atlantis?
                      As for steam punk designs PH aka Pharaoh Hamenthotep has done a couple of steam punk designs.
                      Have you looked over the rest of the pages on this thread and the modelling challenge thread?

sigpic

Comment

PH does the wraith stunner light up?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          PH does the wraith stunner light up?
                          It doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                            Even if i cant get the model started I've got the specs.
                            Spoiler:
                            Designation: LAC-305
                            Class: Scorpion
                            Type: Light Attack Cruiser
                            Ships of class:

USS Scorpion 2009
                            USS Serpent 2010
                            USS Cobra 2010
                            HMS Arachnid 2010
                            USS Mosquito 2011

SSF Midgie 2011
                            Powerplant:
                            4x Mk.1 Naquadah Generator
                            2x Energy Cells

Engines:
                            Mk.2 Naquadriah powered interstellar hyperdrive
                            4x Plasma Thruster

Defences:
                            Mk.1 Tau’ri Shield Generator (Similar to Prometheus)
                            5x 10mm Auto Anti Fighter Railguns

Weapons:
                            3x Low powered Plasma Cannons
                            1x 150mm Coil Gun
                            2x 90mm Coil guns

History:
                            Will fill in but I’ve got to go to school now 
                            DB, 10mm railguns won't work. The concpetion of railguns was to be able to increase the effective range of large calibre munitions. Hence the smallest practical railguns possible are around the 125mm ordanance, at approx 20kg's+.
                            Anything much lighter than that and it's fairly much wasted energy. If you are looking for either more impact or damage ability, you simply either
                            1/ use a higher density projectile
                            or 2/ an increased charge combination in your shell cartridge.

Additionally, railgun technology is not a practical application on small rounds under 125mm. You might get a little velocity increase down to 80mm calibre. But the energy requirements counter out any gains you might acheive. If you need something powerful (why 10mm?) below 100mm, go for a high rate of fire multi-barrelled set up.
                            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
                              Yes. SketchUp is the only modeling software I know how to use.
                              you should really get podium for su so instead of 2d you can do 3d you can pm me for a serial to podium and how to install it
                              sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Originally posted by Set
                                you should really get podium for su so instead of 2d you can do 3d you can pm me for a serial to podium and how to install it
                                Podium is for rendering correct? I already use Kerkythea for that. The following are the other ships I've rendered so far (posted somewhere in this thread).

Spoiler:

I didn't bother rendering the cruiser because its still in a very early stage of modelling and rendering on my machine takes rather long so there's no point since at this stage I just want to showcase the shape and layout.

Comment

Working...
                                X